• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    My high school cafeteria had a great variety of food, and, for the most part, they actually made the food in their kitchen, and they chose food that was good but easy to cook en masse, like Shrimp poppers, grilled cheese, and pizza. Plus, it had a salad bar, and ala carte options. Oh, and the occasional sandwiches which they assembled in front of you.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    At school today, we had nachos. >>;

My head hurts so bad. I wish it would go away. Headaches really ruin a day,

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
    I get headaches a lot at school and gets so bad sometimes I pass out. But I knew what the problem and it was because I wasn't eating lunch but I had no choice because I had no lunch money.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've had an iPod Touch for two years. First gen. of course. >>
    Oh well~ I'm getting some cool stuff.

A laptop for sure, and possibly a new video camera~
    Some clothes and a new skateboard.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    My medical bills are going to start piling up very soon, which means there won't be any money for Christmas presents for me this year.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I feel sorry for those in America who aren't wildly supported by the health board. Health insurance is extremely expensive from what I hear. Even a visit to the doctor costs money where as here, it doesn't.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I feel sorry for those in America who aren't wildly supported by the health board. Health insurance is extremely expensive from what I hear. Even a visit to the doctor costs money where as here, it doesn't.

Well, doctors aren't the most paid people in America for no reason :|
    (And yes, I am excluding multimillionaires like actors only because everyone can become a doctor)

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
    Hey Jordan you got my name XD. I spend $100 dollars at the doctors so I can go for a full year without paying but sometimes it a waste of money when I don't go.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    (And yes, I am excluding multimillionaires like actors only because everyone can become a doctor)
    Not everyone is fit to become a doctor. It does take a certain amount of skill and dedication in order to become one, after all; some people have the motivation but not the intelligence, some people have the intelligence but not the motivation, and some people have neither.

Actors and athletes are paid more than doctors on average, and they contribute less to society than doctors do.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years

Not everyone is fit to become a doctor. It does take a certain amount of skill and dedication in order to become one, after all; some people have the motivation but not the intelligence, some people have the intelligence but not the motivation, and some people have neither.

Actors and athletes are paid more than doctors on average, and they contribute less to society than doctors do.

And yet you have people who end up as doctors that can't tell appendicitis from bowel spasms. D: My mom has had that before. She had kidney stones and a doctor diagnosed it as bowel spasms... which is totally ridiculous.

Bay

Years
    What happen with the chat? Does doctors scare you guys? XD;

In all seriousness though, agree with Jack O' Neil on the doctor part. I don't have the motivation nor the intelligence to become a doctor, so I'm not thinking of becoming one anytime soon. Also, in America medical schools are dang expensive, so that's one obstacle there. Then again, if you're a math wiz from MIT and able to count cards, then that's a different story. :P

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Plus there is the fact that some people are just afraid of blood... While I can see why people are, I'm just surprised about it... (I'm not afraid of seeing my or another's blood). In fact I've donated blood a few times. And even got to touch the bag of my blood (which felt warm). XD

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    And yet you have people who end up as doctors that can't tell appendicitis from bowel spasms. D: My mom has had that before. She had kidney stones and a doctor diagnosed it as bowel spasms... which is totally ridiculous.

Haha that's awful:C I agree- most doctors I have seen(locally) are negligent, pompous, and generally come off as if they just trained on wikipedia. I am not trying to be a doctor basher, as they do serve a very meaningful role in society, but I have seen to much B.S. (personally) to "luv the ole' doc" anymore.

Blanket assumptions are generally woven somewhere...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years

That's not true, Luck. >:( Being a doctor takes a lot more skill and dedication than acting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back