• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    PC definitely got me into graphic arts...I saw all the cool work everyone was doing and got inspired to try to design my own stuff. I'm getting better, but I still think I can improve on some stuff =P

I know, I have improved since I started making banners, but I still suck:(.

BeachBoy's an S.Mod? O.O
    OMG, wow I just congratulated him:D, well he was doing his job fabulously so what else to expect.:D
    I'm definatly into the graphic arts. But sadly, GIMP works can't hold a candle to the local Photoshop masterpieces.

Maybe I'll make some kind of graphics shop once I get Photoshop.

I use gimp, it took me a while to learn how to use it, but one day I wish I can get a Photoshop:D.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    To me, Photoshop is not worth the expense. I do just fine using GIMP; it may supposedly be more complicated to use, but I've already figured out the basics.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I've never used GIMP before, I have Photoshop though.

But I don't have the lastest Photoshop, due to the craptacular RAM my computer has.

Photoshop I would say, is pretty easy to use. Though it's been nearly a year since I've started making graphics and I still don't know all the tools of the trade. XD;

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    To me, Photoshop is not worth the expense. I do just fine using GIMP; it may supposedly be more complicated to use, but I've already figured out the basics.

Photoshop isn't worth the expense for forums...for business, sure, but not for signatures, as pretty as they can be. I have Photoshop 7 and IMO, it's as good as CS; just there are more compatible brushes for CS than 7.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I got Photoshop just for signatures. XD; But it's a pirated copy. *cough* So it was free. :3

Though I am planning to go into a graphics course, since a lot of people have told me I should. Though I'll need a upgraded version of Photoshop so I can use this an excuse to get it and maybe a new computer too. 8D

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I had pirated Photoshop... Got deleted by my aunt... Twice... D:

And yes... Photoshop is super easy to use... I made the semi-crappy banner in about fifteen minutes...

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    I'm a terrible maker for Themes, because I use Paint. >.<
    My sis has a Adobe Photoshop, but I haven't learned yet how to do it. >.<

Years
    I got Photoshop just for signatures. XD; But it's a pirated copy. *cough* So it was free. :3

People here use Bit-torrent for that? O_o
    Never really thought people would have the time to Download 200MB XD

Eh, I would do such Sig art but I can only sneak in to use our main PC at home...the one I can ask to use for "school" is a crappy ME Laptop. D= So no compatibility for today's Resource hungry software...

Should I get a Mac when I get the chance?

Edit: Paint ish great XD
    And congrats BeachBoy! Even though the auto-infract system made you give me a red card in the "one Above" for for getting the 4-word rule. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    You should definitely get a Mac if you get the chance. They do everything that PC's can do and can run windows as well ^___^

Also, paint ftw for banner-making XD

Years
    Pirated as in, it's a copy of the real photoshop (burned on a CD) and I've found codes that make it work?

I don't use torrent sites or whatever. :x

Oh I never really found out how to do that.
    My dad wants me to make "backup copies" of DVD's XD I keep on saying "Copyright Protection" >=O

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Indeed, Closer...

But I miss Photoshop a lot... ;o;

I could attempt to make my own sigs...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have pirate copies of most of the main programs I use on my computer. I don't want to waste money on something I can get for free.

I would like to get authentic ones but it isn't always practical with the prices on them.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I would have gotten photoshop if I knew where to get it for free...It seems like a lot of people have pirated copies anyway. What is the point of the hefty price tag anyway? =/

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    *randomly comes in* All I have is an old Paint Shop Pro 8. It's alright, but no where near as good as the Photoshop we have at college...has any company tried to sue for downloading computer programs? I've heard that some are starting to take people to court for downloading games (in the UK)

I What is the point of the hefty price tag anyway? =/

Compare MS Paint to Photoshop XD

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    *randomly comes in* All I have is an old Paint Shop Pro 8. It's alright, but no where near as good as the Photoshop we have at college...has any company tried to sue for downloading computer programs? I've heard that some are starting to take people to court for downloading games (in the UK)

Oh noez! Not random people!
    xD

I havn't heard of any suing over piracy besides bands that have their music on Limewire.

Speaking of Limewire, I find it funny how you can download LimewirePro off of Limewire regular. xD

Years

Your not a random Person Jorah. =P
    Anywayz Maybe there in the UK, since that is just appropriate. But it's very hard to do since the web is too anonymous if you start changing IP Addresses. =/

Oh noez! Not random people!
    xD

I havn't heard of any suing over piracy besides bands that have their music on Limewire.

Speaking of Limewire, I find it funny how you can download LimewirePro off of Limewire regular. xD

I don't trust LimeWire. =P
    I use BitTorrent though...Not much now since I can rarely sneak in my Home PC. XD

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Your not a random Person Jorah. =P
    Anywayz Maybe there in the UK, since that is just appropriate. But it's very hard to do since the web is too anonymous if you start changing IP Addresses. =/

I don't trust LimeWire. =P
    I use BitTorrent though...Not much now since I can rarely sneak in my Home PC. XD

I don't trust it either. But my friend told me about how he downloaded LimewirePro off Limewire. xD

I don't use BitTorrent either. Which explains why I don't have some of the better things on my computer. xD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Eh, I never fussed with LimeWire...Only recently did I find that my school offers it's own file sharing program for students only. And it's totally safe, so that's where I get all my music now =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back