• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Second generation games were the best. Johto. Awesome new Pokémon (Flaffy, Bayleef, Typhlosion and so many others). A great storyline. And you were able to go back to Kanto after finishing Johto. Nintendo are never going to top G/S/C. Ever.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    While I don't like Johto that much *hides*, crystal was my first pokemon game and so, I'm kinda nostalgic about it. =3 A remake would be nice. Especially because of Elite Four Will...*.*...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Johto was my favourite gen but, like I say every time this topic comes up, I don't know if I'd want a remake. :( I didn't like FireRed/LeafGreen for some reason and I assume if they remade GSC it wouldn't be as good. They'd add too many unnecessary things or something. I dunno. D8

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Johto was my favourite gen but, like I say every time this topic comes up, I don't know if I'd want a remake. :( I didn't like FireRed/LeafGreen for some reason and I assume if they remade GSC it wouldn't be as good. They'd add too many unnecessary things or something. I dunno. D8

Your username was God... again?

Cherrim

Years
    Oh... does it show up as God for you too? :| Audy did something so everywhere but thread view and my profile, my username shows up as God, and the title of every page is "The Lightningist Community". Lmfao I figured it was just me though...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I agree that Johto needs to be released in a remake, but only for granting easy access to the Legendary Beasts without needing to return to Colosseum, as well as perhaps finally giving widespread access to Celebi.

Oh... does it show up as God for you too? :| Audy did something so everywhere but thread view and my profile, my username shows up as God, and the title of every page is "The Lightningist Community". Lmfao I figured it was just me though...

Seeing "The Lightningist Community" on every page is only for you, at least.

Cherrim

Years
    Pfft, like they'd let us catch Celebi. I bet it wouldn't even be available anymore in Japan. Why give us a legendary when they can make it an event Pokémon instead?? <_<;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Pfft, like they'd let us catch Celebi. I bet it wouldn't even be available anymore in Japan. Why give us a legendary when they can make it an event Pokémon instead?? <_<;

That was what I meant, actually. Even releasing it as a Toys-R-Us event would be better than the zero access that we have right now, and that is more likely to happen if the matching games are re-released. I realize that would still pretty much leave Canada and some other countries without it, but it would at least give the chance to trade for it or pick it up from one of the other Staff members.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years

... I have Celebi! :> I was lucky enough to go to the event and get it. But yeah, it really pissed me off that they made it an event Pokemon in the first place. Same with Jirachi, Deoxys, etc...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    ... I have Celebi! :> I was lucky enough to go to the event and get it. But yeah, it really pissed me off that they made it an event Pokemon in the first place. Same with Jirachi, Deoxys, etc...
    I've gotten my hands on one too! XD

No events in Canada, so I've just managed to snag them here at PC's Trade Centre. I have two Celebis, but one was hacked, so I only really have one. I've also gotten the other events there as well, which the exception of Shaymin. I still need/want one! ;_;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, as far as it being an event, it is pretty much tradition to have that secret, event-only Pokemon at the end of each Generation's Pokedex. In fact, I still remember when I was a child and needed to travel to a special tournament in order to pick up Mew for my Pokemon Red cartridge. The problem is that, between the Gamecube games and the advent of the Wonder Card, Celebi is the only Pokemon that international countries are truly lacking at this point, so even as an event release it would still be a welcome addition.

I've also gotten the other events there as well, which the exception of Shaymin. I still need/want one! ;_;

.....You should be paying more attention to the blogs and Trade Corner, then.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Yeah, but I wouldn't worry. Everyone pretty much knows that God = Lightning after the stunt in this thread a few weeks ago.

I just wanna know how Audy knows so much about altering VB and stuff.

Years
    I think I got a PokeSav'ed Celebii over the GTS in my Diamond. CUZ I HIGHLY DOUBT ANYONE WOULD EVER GIVE IT AWAY IN GTS!!! XD

But eh...I just love Johto with it's huge plot and 2 maps. XD

Cherrim

Years
    The only event Pokemon I have is my Darkrai that Jeef got me. :( I guess I also have an illegitimate Arceus that my brother traded me and I've got a Shaymin but I don't think it's really legit either. (I tossed a "Shaymin distribution" thing on my R4 and sent myself a TRU one from that ahaha.)

Canada got the Secret Key event so hopefully we'll start getting actual Pokemon too. D:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    .....You should be paying more attention to the blogs and Trade Corner, then.
    Oh yes, I know, XD.

But still, I've got Celebi, Darkrai, Manaphy, Jirachi, TWO Deoxys, and a Palkia there. So getting my hands on a Shaymin shouldn't be too hard once I put some effort into it. :P

And I love the fact that Canada finally got that event, XD. But still, I was working on Sunday, so I didn't make it to the Toys R' Us up here. Instead, I just got the Secret Key through Mystery Gift Monday morning. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I tossed a "Shaymin distribution" thing on my R4 and sent myself a TRU one from that ahaha.

...Wait a minute, are you talking about an actual distribution setup or just a file with Shaymin already on it?

In other words, did you put Shaymin on your game through Mystery Gift or normal trading?

And I love the fact that Canada finally got that event, XD. But still, I was working on Sunday, so I didn't make it to the Toys R' Us up here. Instead, I just got the Secret Key through Mystery Gift Monday morning. ^_^

...To be honest, the event is not really that special, partly due to how the Japanese version could actually be transferred to the NTSC version far earlier than this.

Last edited:
    Years
    ...Wait a minute, are you talking about an actual distribution setup or just a file with Shaymin already on it?

In other words, did you put Shaymin on your game through Mystery Gift or normal trading?
    You see, the distribution at the event is done with a card in a hidden DS and sometimes people decide to rip the ROM from the card and put it on the net. Then you can essentially host your own events.

Because Nintendo is so slack with events, I think it's perfectly reasonable, although I've never done it myself.

GSC was the best, by far. It was the improved types and stats, AND the incredible storyline and map. They got one thing right that games never do anymore. Good-backtracking. You can go back to places to advance the storyline and get further with new abilities, etc. If anyone's played Zelda:PH, they'll know what Bad-Backtracking is...

Ugh. Forum Politics, don't you guys hate putting up with it. Not here, but it just annoys me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You see, the distribution at the event is done with a card in a hidden DS and sometimes people decide to rip the ROM from the card and put it on the net. Then you can essentially host your own events.

Because Nintendo is so slack with events, I think it's perfectly reasonable, although I've never done it myself.

I know. The reason why I asked is because of my own history with the event:

Read the second and third paragraphs.

Ugh. Forum Politics, don't you guys hate putting up with it. Not here, but it just annoys me.

Politics in general tend to invoke that sort of response in a lot of people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back