• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Meh, the only reason our year is so messed up is so we get out in Summer and can have fun, instead of Winter.

It's actually because of our agricultural roots as a country, as the summer's when the most work with the farms needed to be done in the places where a majority of Americans lived when public school was first made mandatory.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I'd like to have enough snow to make a snowball for once in my life.

...Or go to Colorado during winter break.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It doesn't snow in Australia except in some mountains (rarely ever gets below zero degress C at night where I live), and compared to other countires they're small mountains. I've experianced snow before though a few times outside of Australia so I don't mind. XD A hot Christmas seems more normal to us than your white, cold ones (well, for those who live where it snows at any rate =P).

Years
  • Unfortunately my classes didn't get canceled on Wednesday, but it was because the county it's in wasn't in what's considered "blizzard conditions", which here basically means that it's so windy that it feels ridiculously cold and the snow's flying around (doesn't even have to be snowing to post a great risk). Though the county I live in qualified to be listed as such.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Frozen hair is such a pain. T_T

It happens to me all the time.

And it means I have to shower. Again. When I get back. e-e

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...right. Um, Mika, terrible things happen to your body often? D:

kay that didn't help. XD;

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BEAR TO LIVE SOMEWHERE COLD ENOUGH TO FREEZE YOUR HAIR? :O

I just don't get it. I am incredibly resistant to temperatures, but hair freezing.

Oh, and Mika. Try a blow-dryer. Works wonders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back