• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    My mom was actually proud. I guess she wasn't expecting me to graduate. She was okay with whatever I got, haha :(

or she just wasn't surprised. I've never been good in math. Ever.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Even if a particular subject isn't relevant to your future career, it's important as a human being to have a basic grasp of how the components of life--from atoms to galaxies, cells to civilizations--work. Knowledge is its own reward.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    That's precisely why I'm still trying my best in life, and in school - I'll need it in the future, no matter how insignificant.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The majority of kids in my school haven't grasped that school isn't about breaking the rules and having fun. I've already realized the importance these years are to me, and try my hardest to study.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Studying is to be taken seriously, after all. I never understand why some students like to break rules and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    My guess they have nothing better to do and they think the rules are unfair. Although, lots of the kids in my school have made great progress this year, some even better than me.

Cid

Years
    Studying in a science school, kids around me get sick of the advanced, science-oriented curriculum. This is probably why they act more fun-loving and rebellious than kids of the same age from other schools (in our country, that is)-- not caring about the difficulty of future subjects due to an early exposure to this level of academics.

Everyone fails to realize that we're studying all these things relatively early only to have the early skill and specialization expected from us, the same expectations that were slapped onto our faces (through contracts) upon entering.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    To be honest... when it comes to school, I don't think I'm really giving it all my best. But I can try, huh?

Cid

Years
    Of course. It's the thought of trying to give your best that counts, in my opinion. :3
    Ironically, I haven't been living my life like that up until now.
    I wish I would always remind myself of that and do my best in life everyday.

...I guess I'd better start today.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm getting rather sleepy at school, but I'm switching timetables in a week so I can get used to it. I'm quite burnt out, so the summer holiday will be needed.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    You guys are all so responsible, you make me feel like a bum. I've never studied in my life. But I make A's and B's, save for Math which is always low. I should think about studying that...

Cid, random but by the way, I like that ninety-fifth after eighty thousand thing in your signature. That's so creative l-lmfao.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    If you think it'll help, feel free to do it. It may help you in the long run.

Cid

Years
    You guys are all so responsible, you make me feel like a bum. I've never studied in my life. But I make A's and B's, save for Math which is always low. I should think about studying that...

Cid, random but by the way, I like that ninety-fifth after eighty thousand thing in your signature. That's so creative l-lmfao.
    Really? I didn't realize that, mainly because it was partially meant to fill space in my sig and to provide text that I can wrap title tags onto. xD; But thanks for that random comment! Made me feel happy. :3

And I think with regards to studying, maybe finding a study pal for Math would help in starting. Probably someone who goes through as much as you, who doesn't necessarily have to teach you. In fact, he/she would be better to have in company if he/she also has the same goals as you. Because just having someone doing the same thing as you could give you motivation. I know that helped me heaps. And I didn't have to have study skills-- just enough motivation and the right attitude.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I don't like studying. I have poor study habits to begin with, and asking me to study is like taking a horse to water.

You could get him there, but you can't always make him drink.

With me, you can get me to open my book or take my notes out, but you can't always make me study.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back