• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I used to be all into forum-based animal RPGs way back when. I remember desperately trying to start my own but yeah.. it's difficult when you're like 12 and don't have a clue about marketing and a rudimentary-at-best grasp of HTML (frames, anyone?).

I do find it kinda interesting to watch good forums develop.

Years
    And so the thirst began.

SCREW THE TWENTY CHARACTER LIMIT

It's there for a reason, bud. :D

I used to admin a film/music forum with a friend called Niko (oni_flygon/Akinari in PC) and mod a different one where the creator was a friend called Cassie (girlgenius).

I also modded Mork's Nintendo Net for a while before disappearing. XD Good times. Of them all I think NN is the only one that seems to be growing a lot!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My sister wants me to make a website for her shop so she doesn't have to go through Etsy, but I keep trying to get her off it...I mean my job is already maintaining a website for my school, and I'm the webmaster of a new club this year, I don't have time to run a website for her too. Plus that involved carts and handling credit cards and stuff, and I wouldn't trust me with my credit card number on a website tbh, I don't know nearly enough about websites to make something like that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't really compare to you, the only important thing I've ever done in my school was probably help organize our Social Justice project.

Well the school thing is a job, I get paid for it in my work study xD great cushy job compared to the other jobs available, mostly food-related. The club is just because my bf volunteered me for it...but I wanted to do it, I was just too scared to volunteer myself (:

Years
    Oh. Well in that, hopefully you'll pull through it.

Heh, that reminds me, I have to get my act together for next year. I completely screwed up a couple of my classes, and I'm not the only one. At least I'm a Sophomore now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Aye, going through a rough semester can be pretty nasty. I had to deal with one of my own and it was pretty difficult to get out of, but I don't think I'm going to let myself fall back down there again. (and mostly because I want to join my school's soccer club/teamthing and need to maintain decent grades)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm dreading next school year. ACT, AP tests, grades, GPA, college plan, I'm going to die.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I survived a rough first week of summer school. 6 more weeks to go, and I already want a vacation. Sometimes I regret signing up for summer school, but I really want to graduate sooner.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

It's not as bad as it seems. Lists. Lots of lists.
    Seeing as I have to get a 32 or higher on the ACT, it is. I'm not the smartest in my family, but I'm sure as hell not going to be the dumbest getting anything lower than a 30 so I'll aim for 32.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Seeing as I have to get a 32 or higher on the ACT, it is. I'm not the smartest in my family, but I'm sure as hell not going to be the dumbest getting anything lower than a 30 so I'll aim for 32.

Honestly, I have no idea what that means xD Where I'm from it's all SAT, SAT, SAT. Bleh I was 10 points away from a scholarship but I had to raise my math cause I already had a perfect reading and I couldn't so I didn't get it ;_;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Honestly, I have no idea what that means xD Where I'm from it's all SAT, SAT, SAT. Bleh I was 10 points away from a scholarship but I had to raise my math cause I already had a perfect reading and I couldn't so I didn't get it ;_;
    The highest you could get is a 36, the average person gets around 19-24 (?) and most major schools only accept 30+. And the one I plan on going to only accepts SAT scores so it'll have to convert..... :/

Years
    To be honest, I found the ACT to be a bit of a joke, as well as the OGT. (Ohio Graduation Tests) Then again, I heard we got an older version of the test, meh. You should be able to get a 30-32 Charizard. I royally bombed the math portion, but got 33's-34's in the other categories.

Years
    You mean get 0 wrong? That's impossible. I'll aim for it, but I'll bet my life I won't get that. Something about 1 in 1,000 kids get that score or something. Better start studying!

First, it's really hard, but not impossible. Second, yeah, aim for it! Maybe you can be sure you won't get it, but if you only aim for 32 you can be sure you won't get a 33.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

First, it's really hard, but not impossible. Second, yeah, aim for it! Maybe you can be sure you won't get it, but if you only aim for 32 you can be sure you won't get a 33.
    I meant impossible for me, that's true. I'll aim for it, I'll probably be taking it a couple of times just like my sister did so I can get the feel for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back