• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years

In PC my name was icy_storm. :D

And yeah, I probably will read the posts from TC. It's pretty nice to go back that far.

By the way, you should go back to your old Dr. Octopus avatar. I've always pictured you as Alfred Molina. XD And a question, were you the creator of the Bring Misty Back club? I remember loving that club!

For some reason people loved the Doc Ock avatar. I think I can honestly attribute a lot of my sudden rise in popularity at PC back then just to that. I was always like "ehhh it was just what came up on google image search" but people just really loved it for some reason, hahah.

I wasn't the creator of the club (I believe that would be Amy), but I was certainly the high priest of Misty fandom back then. Still could be, if any kind of Misty club still exists. I'm a lapsed Pokemon fan when it comes to the games but I still care for the characters like I always did, but it's been so long ago now that it's probably just a product of raging nostalgia :p

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know who Amy is, nor have any of my friends that have been around that time talk about her, but I have an Amy! Her name is Molly, and she randomly dropped from the internet like four years ago and I haven't heard from her since. She stopped logging on social networking sites, Xbox Live, etc. and I can't help, being the worrylord that I am, that something happened to her. I miss her just as much as I did when she first left. If not more! :[

Years
    I don't know who Amy is, nor have any of my friends that have been around that time talk about her, but I have an Amy! Her name is Molly, and she randomly dropped from the internet like four years ago and I haven't heard from her since. She stopped logging on social networking sites, Xbox Live, etc. and I can't help, being the worrylord that I am, that something happened to her. I miss her just as much as I did when she first left. If not more! :[

The lack of certainty about what happens to people when they just disappear from the internet is the worst. :P But when you know nothing, you can assume nothing. So you just wish them the best life they could be living. :s

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years

Amy's PC name was ~*Silent Tattsu*~. She was just an incredibly sweet girl who could carry on the greatest conversations and shared a lot of PC-related interests with me and a few others. She mostly ran the Misty club, and was one of the few to walk away from PC with me during the T-Dome incident. Anyone who knew her from back then still misses her terribly.

I was everyone's Amy for five years, of course :p In retrospect I obviously regret that whole "dropping off of the face of the internet" stunt I pulled, heh.

The lack of certainty about what happens to people when they just disappear from the internet is the worst. :P But when you know nothing, you can assume nothing. So you just wish them the best life they could be living. :s

Like me when I disappeared, I think she might have been having some emotional or family problems and a little downtime from the internet turned to a permanent downtime when her problems didn't immediately clear up. This is just speculation from me, but she was a gentle soul and the slightest thing was liable to hurt her deeply.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years

Specially when one of the last messages said person wrote was kinda of "hey guys, I miiiight end up being killed, leaving for a while".

But yeah, I guess all of us know people like that. I'll always remember another PCmite, zel in this case. He popped up last Christmas to say hello, I'm glad he's okay.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    This is one of the most meaningful conversations I've come across in any DCC..
    Members disappearing and old ones coming back online to reminisce. Sweet; really is.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I sometimes think when a highly respected member of a forum just simply leaves, I fear the worst.

But, most of the time, I just hope they're okay and would pop in time to time to tell the rest of the forum community; hello, and I'm still here, or something like that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yeah, there's a couple of my old PC friends who recently left without any warning, no farewell post, and you hope nothing bad's happened to them. I can always hope they'll find some reason to return to let me know they're still fine and just needed some away time.

Then again I left Sppf nearly two years ago and never bothered to return, but I'm just gonna let people there think I'm either dead or serving prison time for money laundering xD I grew to despise that place.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I just left a forum I was going to frequently, and left a note on my signature saying "Inactive. Please PM me." Boom, I left and never came back. It's been a week now, and I don't think I'll be coming back. There's nothing to talk about there anyways. lol

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I can relate to this. I used to be in guilds and clubs on other sites, I have seen good friends come and go almost all without saying goodbye or anything just drifting off. Kind of sad to see friends go but it was fun to enjoy their company while they were active at a place with you.

Serebii? I joined that forum about the same time I did here, I think. I posted for about a few months, but then, I grew tired of the slow server and just simply left.
    I get tired of forum lag here some times but never to the point of leaving xD.

Cid

Years
    I just bookmarked the last page~
    Yep, just to be able to read the old members reminiscing whenever I wanted to perhaps.
    And it made me miss a lot of friends that I don't see here nowadays. I hope they're all okay.

Anyways, regarding PC lag: Yeah, I haven't joined much forums besides PC...so I can't compare PC server lag to anything. But I don't think lag would ever make me get tired of PC.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I have my own forum. I am kinda active on this one.

Those are the only ones I go on now.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Well, mine only has 6 members. We have 12.23 posts per day. We have 535 post so, mine is still alive. But, not as active as any forums I am on. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm an administrator on a forum I created for my mom. Sometimes it's really a pain, especially that I'm a "site" admin, meaning I have to take care of both the main website and the forum since my lovely mother doesn't know anything about websites at all. >_>

PC is currently the forum I'm active on.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I had one forum I ran, and it about 2 months of solid activity, then for the next 2 months, it was me posting random threads in attempt to make the inevitable, which was the forum dying, not happen.

But, I lost interest in running the forum, and it quickly died off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back