• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Lolz it was quite funny because in the Summer Holidays back in January I entered one of those text the code on the coke bottle competitions just to give it a try and 2 weeks later Coke called me and said I won an Xbox 360 and Kinect, though only have Kinect games at the moment so it's gotten a bit boring

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I'm kind of sad to say I was (and probably still is) spoiled all my life until I started making my own money by working. I have almost everything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2011
    I need to find a job as quickly as I can. I'm going to need one so I have something to do on the days I won't have college during the Fall semester.

I'm also on the lookout for any job vacancies within my area, although I doubt I will find one with good pay, and I am in serious need of the money --college, rent, and general desiderata. I've applied to many jobs, all of which I got rejected due to my inexperience.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    More of a handheld / PC gamer myself, but there's a PS2, a GameCube, an Xbox, a Wii, and an Xbox 360 in my house.

As for Kaga infuriating Joe... haha, a noble work!

I'd love to be a dedicated DCCer, but I am far too busy. :U

And I am having a hard time choosing between a Visa prepaid or waiting for a 3DS card. :\

Dunno, how much do you want to buy? lol. You can use a Visa prepaid card on anything, but you have to pay ~$5 extra for them. If you just want to spend $10 on games and don't really want to spend $45+ (out of a $50 card + $5 fee) on anything else then just wait for a 3DS card.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I need to find a job as quickly as I can. I'm going to need one so I have something to do on the days I won't have college during the Fall semester.

Ugh. same here. But the best part of my college career is coming next month, though...I'll be on externship. :D

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I'm not much of a gamer in general nowadays. All I have are a first-gen PS2, a seven-year-old PC, and several GBCs. Needless to say, my gaming backlog is massive.

As for having a job at this point in time, forget it. I'm a full-time student, so my schedule couldn't accomodate a job even if I wanted one. Besides, my financial aid is adequate enough to pay for everything I want or need.

Years
    I'm also on the lookout for any job vacancies within my area, although I doubt I will find one with good pay, and I am in serious need of the money --college, rent, and general desiderata. I've applied to many jobs, all of which I got rejected due to my inexperience.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Connections can get you pretty far when experience can't.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I don't have connections or luck, and my degree is proving to be worth nothing in my job search. It's pushing me to my wit's end, and I don't know how much more rejection and being broke and living back home I can take :/

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I don't have connections or luck, and my degree is proving to be worth nothing in my job search. It's pushing me to my wit's end, and I don't know how much more rejection and being broke and living back home I can take :/
    Again, if you have a degree and nobody's hiring, go to Officer Candidate School and go career military all the way. It may be your only viable option if your job search is really going that badly.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Again, if you have a degree and nobody's hiring, go to Officer Candidate School and go career military all the way. It may be your only viable option if your job search is really going that badly.

Having a job is a good thing most of the time. By the way, I am wondering what's Officer Candidate School?

Though, you'll also need to determine whether you'll be liking the alternative job you'll be getting. There's no point in working in a profession you don't like, so... be careful.

Years
    If you have time you should volunteer somewhere. That helps you build connections and gives you more chances for lady luck to shine on you.

I have my current job because I came to a bookstore to help with a book donation event they were having and I learned from one of the people who worked there that they'd be hiring for some temporary workers soon, but that they hadn't gotten around to advertising yet. I don't know if they ever did. I got a job there and then through people there I got my current job.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    You know what the single most important quality for getting a job is?

Being born 1985 or before. If you weren't out of college before the fall of 2008, you were on the other side of that horrible line of demarcation that defined you as the excess, unwanted generation that was casually left to rot by everyone older than you in a cesspool of crushed ambitions. I hate to say things like this, but my extended unemployment is an enormous sore spot for me. Time is ticking and I have nothing to show for it.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Looking for a job.. is a job in its self, it seems like it's all about who you know rather than qualifications at this current time which is pointless ;/
    I'm having so much trouble finding a job it's so irritating.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    I still haven't found a job yet but I think have a pretty good reference for Panera Bread. As in, the owner of the plaza. He agreed to talk to the manager on my behalf, since he knows about my situation and my academics and everything. I might have a chance.

Still, juggling school, the gym, and a job isn't going to be easy. But the extra monies...

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I still haven't found a job yet but I think have a pretty good reference for Panera Bread. As in, the owner of the plaza. He agreed to talk to the manager on my behalf, since he knows about my situation and my academics and everything. I might have a chance.

Still, juggling school, the gym, and a job isn't going to be easy. But the extra monies...

Fffff! I love Panera Bread! They are sooo good. :3 Good luck on that job!

Their food actually makes me feel good too. Unlike fast food. :P

I start training at Taco Bell tomorrow. o: I hate Taco Bell's food. xD;

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Good luck with your training! I suppose not loving Taco Bell means you won't be standing there, mouth watering and giving your customers envious looks as you hand over their food, haha. XD; My friend works at a soft-serve ice cream parlour and I... I don't think I'd have the endurance... XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back