• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I did enjoy Of Mice and Men, though I never did get to read Grapes of Wrath (Animal Farm was an interesting book, though).

animal farm is one of my favorite books of all time. orwell is a superb fiction writer. i'm reading 1984 right now and its pure brilliance

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I've never even heard of Of Mice And Men until you guys mentioned it :(
    I tried to read Grapes of Wrath, but it was just soo boring D;

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Animal Farm was so awesome, but I watched the movie 4 times and only read it once :/

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    We had a wide reading period and I didn't have a book, so to avoid reading the Collins English Dictionary, I nabbed an Animal Farm from the pile sitting on the desk. One of the best reads I've ever had. And it was only an hour!

I spent most of the first semester's wide reading periods of last year reading To Kill a Mockingbird. Most of it didn't make sense, to be honest, but I still loved it. xD

I found this meme thing on LJ which is a list of 100 noteable books or something like that. I've got 16 read, 4 in progress and my friends are trying to catch up - one's even making a pact to try and reach 50 in the next three years.

And Avatar...I watched it in 3D. I have to say, the epic moments were really epic for me. The characters where horrible, the plot was predictable and everything was just lame, but the epic-ness of it pretty much made up for most of it. HTTYD was so much better though. xP The plot was still just as predictable and lame, but the characters were so much better. Hiccup was so much cooler and funnier than...uhm...I can't even remember the name any more...Jake or something. And Astrid was a million times better than the Na'Vi girl. xD And dragons are so much better than demented birds. I mean, who won after all of it in the Deltora Quest books? The dragons, not the Ahk'Baba. Toothless' plasma beams are hella awesome. They're like Plasma Monkey's shots from BTD.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Of the books mentioned recently, I've had to read To Kill a Mockingbird, The Grapes of Wrath, and Of Mice and Men. I only vaguely remember any of them.

In any event, my favorite author remains the Internal Revenue Service. Their "Instructions for Filing Form 1040" is an especially gripping literary piece.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    I've had to read Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, of Mice and Men, The Oddsey, To kill a mocking bird and Romeo and Juliet.

We are going to be starting on 1984 next and then Julius Ceaser I believe

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    That's a lot to read at one time. Are they all due at the same time?

Yeah, I also have to read Animal Farm, I'm not even sure what its about, I think the government is what my teacher said.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Nearly any book I had to read in high school (or school at all) ends up being on my "do not want" list. That's solely because we over-interpret every little detail on the stories that I have trouble enjoying it either while I read it or when I go back and try to re-read it.
    The only exceptions are anything by Shakespeare and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Also, want a really really boring story/play? Read Our Town.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    My Junior year we read The Great Gatsby, and I only understood some of what was happening. Though after we read it we watched the movie of it so, they kind of helped.
    Personaly I don't like Romeo and Juliet.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back