• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Only got Pearl. I wasn't even planning on getting Pearl anyway, but then I just... ended up getting it. I forgot how or why, but I remember January 2008 was when I played Pearl and I got annoyed because it didn't seem like Pokemon and I disliked basically everything about it. At least the areas in Gen 5 actually look good.

And I plan on not getting Platinum either, btw.

And Ninja Caterpie, old information. :(
    I don't really care where it's based on as long as the game is still fun so...

omg you need to get it ;;
    That probably explains why you didn't like Generation IV. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really don't want to revisit the Sinnoh region. D: It just looks unappealing as a whole.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Geographically, I'd say it looks like New York.

Well, it wasn't insufferable... but it was very, very, very bland in the sense that it didn't feel like you were going off on an adventure.
    Can't say I know what you're talking about.
    I really don't want to revisit the Sinnoh region. D: It just looks unappealing as a whole.
    OMG you're being skeptical against a game you never played :(
    I guess you have a point though, games are really expensive in Australia aren't they?
    I agree Kanto's music is best by FAR. But the region's map lacked appealing content...

The map of Kanto is supposed to be better, but they screwed up by adding no diversity of location. The game just feels too bland.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But I've played Pearl and unless the games change dramatically - as in appearance and Pokemon, then sadly I'm not interested in Platinum.

Aaand expensive? Um. HG cost about $40, or somewhere around there, idk, but games usually cost about $68... so yeah.

Years
    It just doesn't sound like invigorating adventure music, Luck. :(

The Sinnoh region really isn't that bad if you actually give it a chance, Nica.

Well, you also have to consider when it was released, Luck. The game was quite the ambitious one for a Game Boy cartridge.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Didn't you say you got HG on a deal Nica? I think you showed me that a while back when HG still wasn't released in AU.

It just doesn't sound like invigorating adventure music, Luck. :(
    I always thought of Sinnoh as being one of the darker games, not just because they added Day/Night again, but because Cyrus had the most bleak outlook on existence and…well, Cyrus was the character with the most backstory.
    Well, you also have to consider when it was released, Luck. The game was quite the ambitious one for a Game Boy cartridge.

It was also extremely glitchy, but I guess it's only logical to assume most games before the 32 bit era are full of them. I need to see how much memory was taken up in the Red/Blue cartridge.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On a deal... hmm I dunno. I know I got it at the cheaper store. XD;

Fun stuff.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I see. I remember seeing a logo that had HG on a deal for prices more expensive than normal here(I don't remember a single DS game above $35 apart from HG/SS iirc).

Well, you're not supposed to know about him until you actually meet him. D;

But once you figure out his plans, it's pretty creepy stuff. I don't like how Gamefreak doesn't improve their own series even though they did it so well with Cyrus, and they can probably do it better with everyone else too.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Everyone says the story in DPPt was lame, but Cyrus was trying to destroy the world, for goodness sake. And he nearly succeeds. :|

I remember someone was complaining about how expensive the Japanese Black and White pre-order was. That's about the price of a normal game in Australia, a bit more. 50-60AUD for a normal new DS game, 70 for Pokemon. NSMBWii was 100AUD, that's like $80-90 American.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Everyone says the story in DPPt was lame, but Cyrus was trying to destroy the world, for goodness sake. And he nearly succeeds. :|

I remember someone was complaining about how expensive the Japanese Black and White pre-order was. That's about the price of a normal game in Australia, a bit more. 50-60AUD for a normal new DS game, 70 for Pokemon. NSMBWii was 100AUD, that's like $80-90 American.

I actually never heard that, and most people who say it deserve to be beaten with a 2x4. Unless your name is Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon and Story do not go well together.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like Giovanni. Mainly because he was the first bad leader we've ever known, but oh well!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Then that would be following Hoenn's criminals.

People need to literally poach Pokemon, instead of do whatever Team Rocket/other teams do, and go back to the originals. idk, wasn't there something about that in the anime? Though I don't see that happening in B/W, but maybe the next generation. And I like how the ying/yang thing is setup in B/W anyways - or will most likely be.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh but I meant actually steal YOUR Pokemon, have something to fight for.

Years
    I dont even think there is an evil team in B/W...which is a welcome change. I dont get why for all these years people thought it was okay for old adults to be trying to hurt and steal from 10 year olds =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back