• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
Years
  • Yea, thats the only problem. When you're young, they think your stupid and people look down on you. (Both literally and figuratively.)
    True. Like my parents, they think I can't speak English, at all. And I have tried telling them I'm not as stupid as they think I am, but they just won't listen to anything I say >.>

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Each time my uncle or cousins said something to me when I was from 3-6 they said it slowly so I can understand, but I could have understood them perfectly. >>

Years
  • My 18th wasn't anything special with my friends, I think. I'm pretty sure I hosted a gaming Get-Together for my 17th birthday, though.

True. Like my parents, they think I can't speak English, at all. And I have tried telling them I'm not as stupid as they think I am, but they just won't listen to anything I say >.>

Have you told them to actually listen to you speak some English?

Though you probably are more naive than you think you are. It's not so much stupidity as it is naivete that makes people think young teens are "stupid".

O.o

Weird.....XD

The only thing about being younger I miss is not caring about anything XD

It's pretty much the truth, though. Time-travel wouldn't do diddly-squat for the age issue. XD;

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
  • Each time my uncle or cousins said something to me when I was from 3-6 they said it slowly so I can understand, but I could have understood them perfectly. >>
    Oh, God. I know that feeling >w< but with me it is with French. - I think you all know that everyone in Belgium is forced motivated to learn French, and sometimes even German, too -
    I mean, it's not because I suck at speaking it, that I can't write or understand it xd.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Oh, God. I know that feeling >w< but with me it is with French. - I think you all know that everyone in Belgium is forced motivated to learn French, and sometimes even German, too -
    I mean, it's not because I suck at speaking it, that I can't write or understand it xd.
    I'm Indian (Not Native American) and my parents tried teaching to speak Gujarati and I wasn't motivated enough to learn it. I can understand it perfectly tho XD

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • i hated my 18th, my freinds threw me a party and i really hated it.

That made me laugh, why did you hate it?

Mine involved a lot of drinking. I was pretty drunk already then a group of people brought me over one of those huge pint glasses (one that holds 5 pints). Yeah... that pretty much finished me off.

I don't really drink now, I have the odd cider here and there. 18's your experiment/learning year I'd say.

Though I technically grew up at 16, I was hanging around with all the chavs etc. then when they began doing drugs I took a step back and just thought "Woah... is this really what I want to associate myself with?". So then I ditched my whole social group. For the time after that I didn't really have many friends, so at the time it sucked though I hear of them being drug dealers/junkies now and just think ....wow.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I hate when people drink in front of. When they are underage of course. I mean I don't like being near kids who drink at all. I feel like I'm part of the reason that they're drinking o.o

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
  • Though I technically grew up at 16, I was hanging around with all the chavs etc. then when they began doing drugs I took a step back and just thought "Woah... is this really what I want to associate myself with?". So then I ditched my whole social group. For the time after that I didn't really have many friends, so at the time it sucked though I hear of them being drug dealers/junkies now and just think ....wow.

Yeah. Some of my former friends smoked. I dumped them a year ago. Which means they were 11-12 when they were already addiced to smoking. And sometimes, especially at my age, when everyone is highly influenceable, drugs is the next step. I haven't really heared of them, now. So I'm wondering what happened to them...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    You feel you're the reason they drink? Why would you say that?

The main reason teenagers drink underage is to look/act cool.
    Because I could be the one that could stop them but I don't.
    I hate when people try to act/look cool. I mean seriously, this one kid started smoking because it was school and he was showing off. I means eriously I was going to say "Congratulations, you are going to die early! Or develop lung cancer!"

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    As mentioned earlier, sometimes it's best for people to learn the hard way. You can tell people to stop and the reasons why but they won't listen, they'll say you're exaggerating etc. . As if something does happen to them, they'll then realise and (hopefully) learn from their mistake(s).
    Well, I still feel kinda bad.

Random note;
    Two blocks from here someone got shot and killed last night -.-
    And I thought my community was "striving" to be a lot safer.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    A community can strive all it wants to be safer, but it won't get there if it's citizens aren't doing their part and staying clean. :(
    Like that could happen where I live XD
    You can get shot for not giving 5 dollars to someone you owe D:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I love the smell of cigarette smoke but I don't want cancer, emphysema, death, etc.

I keep my drinking to a minimum. Gosh I feel like Kanade is still around because were talking about this stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back