• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DARKEST DUNGEON II

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • Two people who concern me a bit so far are Abby, NightKrow and Zehn.
    That's three people lol
    Also the rest of your post wtf?
    I pointed out the similarities between my old role and the wiki to show that the antiquarian is likly a healer
    I haven't even mentioned NightKrow on this game whatsoever so I am really confused as to how I'm implying he's healer.
    And again I've got no clue how you believe im scum from a post brainstorming about a role

Mana's post either shows bad reading or confusion as far as I'm concerned

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I haven't even mentioned NightKrow on this game whatsoever so I am really confused as to how I'm implying he's healer.

The previous conversation was all about low HP roles, of which NightKrow said they were one of them.

You then came along and said you were a low HP role the last game...

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Yeah ok that clears that up
    To be fair I'm below average this game as well but not as low as in the last game

Also maybe we should attack the people not talking? Just an idea

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • EVENT ONE
    OP | GAMEPLAY
    NZ | D1 - E1
    As the travelers discussed the events of that evening, a slow tottering cart drawn by horse edged its way down the windy path to the Hamlet. Atop the cart sat a feeble and cloaked figure, hunched over with face hidden deep in the shadows from the trees. As the cart wound its way into the Hamlet's square, the wheezing of the figure grew stronger as wisps of breath could be seen coming from under the cloak's hood.

The cart stopped just ahead of the travelers and the figure slowly climbed down from atop the cart. When it reached the cobbles, it drew back its hood to reveal a wizened and disfigured man. He unlatched the side of the cart and opened what appeared to be a display case. As the case opened, inside sat three items.

Skeleton_Key_zpsfgnxhdv2.png
    Torch_zpsszsv1sh7.png
    Inv_quest_item-ancestors_crate_zps3ge0nh9i.png

The disfigured man stepped up onto the cart and announced loudly, "Welcome to the Auction! Today we have three items up for bid, but only one can be won! Today's choices are... a Key to unlock any Treasure Chest, a Torch to light any dark alley, or...a Treasure Chest itself! If you win the auction, you can take home any single prize seen here!

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, folks, so the bidding will begin at 10 GOLD! Let's begin!"

RULES OF THE AUCTION:
    - When placing a bid, you must say [BID] x GOLD
    - Bids must be in at least 10 GOLD increments, but can be higher (i.e. 10, 20, 50, 60, 100, etc.). No 22, 25, 39, etc.
    - The auction will last as long as the day phase, which is roughly 12 hours from this point in time. Get your bids AND your attacks in.

Spoiler:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • except I disagree with the assumptions that the Jester did a stress relief on the Jester.

First of all, it was stated in the OP that we start at 0 stress and we go up to 100 before triggering an event then dying. The info panel at the bottom said "+15" not "-15" so I'm inclined to believe that the Grave Robber's stress had gone up. Additionally, the flavour text mentioned that the Jester relieved the Man-at-arms from whatever happened, and not the Grave Robber. Furthermore, going by the Jester's flavour text in that section, it seemed he negated whatever happened - rather than relieving stress specifically?

Wrong.

First off, I assume you meant to say Grave Robber the second time you said Jester.

Secondly, the phase post gives no indication as to who the Jester targeted, if he even did target a specific player. We see that the Man-at-Arms walks into the building where the Jester is, indicating that he performed an action, but not necessarily on the Man-at-Arms.

Thirdly, I do believe whatever happened to the Man-at-Arms could have been the Collector, or some similar ability. There's no other ability that would feel like the Man-at-Arm's "sould being ripped from him," and it's not something the Jester, or any hero, could counter.

Fourthly, basing the Jester on his actual TDD abilities, he has three songs he can play---Battle Ballad, which buffs his allies' strength; Inspiring Tune, which heals stress (and is the most reliable stress heal in the game); and Solo, which debuffs the Jester's enemies. Now, I'm certain that the "soothing" tune he played would be the Inspiring Tune.

On another note, Zehn isn't wrong about the Antiquarian having low stats. That did cross my mind. But I highly doubt she'd be a healer, as her Fortifying Vapors heal less than five HP at max level, which is honestly terrible, but enough to keep a character off of Death's Door. She is good at self preservation, by increasing her dodge, protection, and having the ability to force an ally to guard her. The Antiquarian's primary function, however, comes from her ability to find rare valuables and increase how much gold the party can carry. She's a very lucrative hero, and has good skills when around the Campfire, but is otherwise not a great hero in battle. Her HP, however, does grow at an incredible rate as you upgrade her armor, compared to the other heroes.

Additionally, the role that Zehn was in the first TDD game---The Nurse---is an NPC from the Hamlet that Klippy implemented as a role, and therefore can't very well be compared to the other heroes. However, the same can be said of the Cannibal, Stranger and Fortune Teller roles in this game: they are not actual characters in The Darkest Dungeon. The only one of their pictures that Klippy has assigned them that I recognize is the Stranger, who appears to be the Ancestor. I have not completed the game itself, but from the ending of the first TDD mafia, I can only assume that the Ancestor is actually the final boss. . . .

And what do you know, I got ninja'd by an event. I suppose I'll start with a Bid of 20 Gold

Killua

Btw klippy does villains have the power to divide itens bc if they have we shouldeep keep an eye on who wins.
    Ninjad by a ton of ppl

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • [Attack] Who's Kiyo? since I don't think I've really seen him around here a lot and I don't really get any real scum vibes coming from anybody yet.

Also, [Bid] 70gp because having stuff is cool. :D

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Gdi wiz

tumblr_miuip9Q0i81qf5do9o1_500.gif

EDIT~Wait could multiple people combine money to outbid Wiz

Last edited:
    Years
  • HI did you know there was another page and I thought I was the first to see the auction, guess not whoops ignore this post for now I'll edit it into something later ahahahaha

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Ew what a terrible waste of your whole budget lol. How does it feel wasting all your gold and probably being night killed cuz you'll be an item ahead of everyone else? xD

But there's also a chance you know that's not happening cuz you're a bad guy yourself.
    In which case, I'll [Attack] Ethereal Wizard.

Even if you're a good guy, attacking you means the mafia will have less value from night killing you, and we can also avoid randomly damaging anyone else.

So, congratulations on making yourself a scapegoat.

Years
  • Everyone be like
    tumblr_inline_n67lfibu691s8fa1r.gif

EDIT:

Ew what a terrible waste of your whole budget lol. How does it feel wasting all your gold and probably being night killed cuz you'll be an item ahead of everyone else? xD

But there's also a chance you know that's not happening cuz you're a bad guy yourself.
    In which case, I'll [Attack] Ethereal Wizard.

Even if you're a good guy, attacking you means the mafia will have less value from night killing you, and we can also avoid randomly damaging anyone else.

So, congratulations on making yourself a scapegoat.

This is the scummiest thing I've ever read. "You have an item so let's kill you before a monster has the chance to"

Years
  • Ok people posted so I guess I won't edit the last one.

Mana's post either shows bad reading or confusion as far as I'm concerned

That's his secret. He's always confused.
    No seriously, in every game I've been in he's always been confused.

Back