• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I find nothing wrong with liking things that aren't meant for you/your age group. Pokemon, for one, isn't directed at such a wide age variety.

As for the topic, I don't really watch cartoons unless you count anime. I'm a pretty big otaku and I'll pretty much watch any anime you throw at me. Same with J/K dramas and such.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Family Guy, American Dad! and The Cleveland show are practically the same thing; especially the characters. Don't get me started on Brian in Family Guy, he's pathetic. That being said, I enjoy American Dad!, as I love, LOVE Roger. Without Roger, I wouldn't even look at American Dad! Family Guy is just a mess. I especially can't stand the unrelated gags and skits. Small doses.

When it comes to anime, I'm not really picky, and I will watch at least a few episodes before deciding to drop it. There are some genuinely bad anime, like Lucky Star, that seems to get a cult following. Mars of Destruction is pretty bad too, but hilarously so. Lucky Star is just... bad.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like Family Guy until they take something and turn it into a five minute thing when it should have been 30 seconds. Like the commercials with "Mom, Mom, Mama, Mama, Moooom, Mom, Mom" over and over and over and over...that doesn't make me want to watch the show, that's the one thing I hate about the show condensed into one commercial. Same with the one where Brian's trying to get past Stewie on the stairs and Stewie's on steroids or something - I don't get how something is considered funny if it goes on that long.

I have the same complaint with Drawn Together though, lol.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I like Family Guy until they take something and turn it into a five minute thing when it should have been 30 seconds. Like the commercials with "Mom, Mom, Mama, Mama, Moooom, Mom, Mom" over and over and over and over...that doesn't make me want to watch the show, that's the one thing I hate about the show condensed into one commercial. Same with the one where Brian's trying to get past Stewie on the stairs and Stewie's on steroids or something - I don't get how something is considered funny if it goes on that long.

I guess that happens when they ran a little short on written content. I like how Simpsons handled it, by lengthening the couch gag in the intro.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I like Family Guy until they take something and turn it into a five minute thing when it should have been 30 seconds. Like the commercials with "Mom, Mom, Mama, Mama, Moooom, Mom, Mom" over and over and over and over...that doesn't make me want to watch the show, that's the one thing I hate about the show condensed into one commercial. Same with the one where Brian's trying to get past Stewie on the stairs and Stewie's on steroids or something - I don't get how something is considered funny if it goes on that long.

Actually that's exactly one of the few things I do like about FG lol, good example would probably be those parts where Peter fights that chicken which completely derails the whole episode and the story and it's just SO long and exaggerated that it's just hilarious to me lol, because of the fact that it's so ridiculous.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yeah that's kind of true, but those parts always get me cause they're just so stupid haha. But overall it's kind of an obnoxious show, and I never liked Simpsons either.

American Dad is funnier than FG imo. ALSO WHO REMEMBERS FAIRLY ODD PARENTS??
    The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • family guy has died in the crack, same as the simpsons it is run too long and they are running out of ideas

I still like Family Guy to be honest, but it is getting boring. Seriously...Quagmrie doing Meg? Get real!

The Fairly Oddparents is not funny anymore--it lost its funny when they introduced Poof.

Last edited:

Happy Azumarill

All society is one big pie
    Years
  • all cartoons even some animes are losing there buz, look at pokemon, every season of pokemon the same story is played out but with diffrent charictors. futurama won't come back because 2oth Centory Fox thought that it would use the same story. king of the hill the same thing happend, i am not saying the cartoons are not good but they need to think fresh new ideas to make it mor interesting. Clevland show best eva cartoon

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The Cleveland Show is alright, but it's just the African American version of Family Guy tbh. Yeah, The Pokemon anime lost its touch back when the advanced saga started.

Lara

<3
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    The Family Guy has its humorous moments, but like someone mentioned above, they tend to take the joke a little too far. Like the scenes where Peter randomly fights a guy wearing a chicken suit or something like that; the fight takes a few minutes which is rather vexing to be honest. It was funny after a couple of times. I only watched 6 seasons. The seventh season wasn't as good as the others according to some of my friends who still perpetuate the show.

Cartoons aren't as good as they were before. I used to love shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, I R Baboon, The Flinstones, The Jetsons etc..

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I throw up like... every day lol. Idk it doesn't seem so bad to me anymore!

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • Cartoons aren't as good as they were before. I used to love shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, I R Baboon, The Flinstones, The Jetsons etc..

whenever someone says something like 'cartoons aren't as good as they were before', i always think to myself 'isn't that just because we grew up?'
    imean, for example the little boy living across the street from me ADORES the current pokémon series.
    so maybe it's just us? we get older, we actually start to realize the pokémon anime is repetitive. seriously though, i'm pretty sure the old kanto/johto shows were at least as repetitive as the show now, if not more. heck, i'd say from the advanced saga, it got LESS repetitive; at least they got something new and exciting called 'contests'.

and i don't really know how we got to this subject, but.. i haven't thrown up in years. luckily.. throwing up is just.. horrible to me XD;
    i hope you feel well again soon though, livewire. c:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • That doesn't sound healthy, Razor... have you seen a doctor?

Yeah lol, we know what's causing it. It's hopefully only a temporary thing and should be gone in a few months. And there's no saying it won't get better before then anyway!

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I've had this incessant cough since Christmas time. I'd go hours without coughing, then sometimes have these flare-up coughing fits where I'd be coughing my head off.

I feel like I should see a doctor about this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back