• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    So, about both discussions:

1) Was Milotic accepted? I got a little bit confused after they mentioned Tyranitar and started the second discussion.

2) Is Tyranitar still considered a Dragon? I'm still against it and Lugia being considered Dragons (specially after tkallab convinced me that Lugia is not a bird) but I'm not the owner so I will have to accept that point of view.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Haha, ever heard of Phoenix Wright? I was totally imagining I was making a confession at the end of the final case! Like, the big climax of the whole game!

With my lists, I wanted people to be aware their choice. I don't want people to vote simply because they have a certain opinion with no arguments. I want people to always have a reason to do things. And if people don't have a reason to do something, I want them to realise that. I think that message got through to you, dragoniteuser.
    If you want to vote, make sure you are informed or don't vote. You don't vote someone for president simply because you feel like it. It would make elections random and meaningless. And Tyranitar is a serious issue, so be serious about your vote, too!

...Dang, I got carried away again.

Anyway, for the other topic, the only Pokémon I have in any of my teams right now is Garchomp in Platinum. I love that you're able to get a Gible so early in the game. All other games need you to either have, like, six badges or 9999 coins.
    I'm thinking of adding Crimgon or Kurimugan or whatever you want to call him to my Black team.

No votes have been made and/or counted as of yet, so Milotic is not added nor is Tyranitar removed. But, the discussion regarding Tyranitar has ended and a conclusion has been made. Milotic is now open for discussion again and I hope it can be done in the same fashion as the previous one.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    IMO milotic IS an aquatic dragon! Why?
    The Dragon's Den V.4

Nuff said!

tkallab

Years
    Okay, what traits about him her(?) are dragonlike? Because a serpentine body could also be a trait of snakes and eels.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Good point....that's some good arguing there boys! Keep the thread at the top! xD

I don't personally think Milotic is a dragon...I can see why people do.....but most dragons that aren't dragon-typed look ferocious, Milotic's too serene.....

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Tell me, what do you think, why is Gyarados an undisputed dragon?
    If you recall my statements for a while ago, about if dragons were real, IMO if they are still alive they would look a lot like Gyarados or even more like Milotic!

tkallab

Years
    Yes, serene. Milotic may be based on sirens, mermaids who attract seamen and lure them into the rocks, according to Greek mythology. This may be where the mermaid's tail and the somewhat seducive look comes from.
    That leaves the shape of the head, the horn, and the manes and strings coming from his head to be the dragon factor!
    Of course, considering the serpentine body doesn't come from a sea serpent.

If you're bringing up Gyarados, here's a nice Chinese myth for you. In China, there is a waterfall called the Dragon Gate. It is said that a carp who manages to swim up the waterfall will turn into a dragon. It is pretty much proven that Magikarp and Gyarados were based on that myth by episode 109 of the animé, The Wacky Watcher. I think the reason Gyarados is not Dragon-typed is that the makers of the original Pokémon games wanted the Dragon type to be exclusive to Dratini's evolutionary line.

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    That's not a merimaid tail, cause merimaids according to legends had a normal fish tail! But if you look at the grater picture, milotic definetly looks like a sea dragon! You can't deny that!

tkallab

Years
    A sea serpent is a extraordinarily big sea snake with a more dragonlike head. After some time of googling, I found no sea serpents with a head so beautiful as Milotic, but more vicious heads, perhaps most like Rayquaza or the basilisk from Harry Potter.
    I think the head is going to be what's going to decide my opinion, ifnot the whole discussion.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Well let's see, Milotic.....it is able to learn dragon type moves, but thats barely an argument, Milotic might be to beautifull to be a dragon and does bare a resembalence to sea snakes and eels, but if she was based on an Eel i think she'd be more...ugly doncha think?
    so that leaves Dragon or sea snake.....hmmmm...... y'know i think i'll leave it to you lot to put up good arguments.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    A sea serpent is a extraordinarily big sea snake with a more dragonlike head. After some time of googling, I found no sea serpents with a head so beautiful as Milotic, but more vicious heads, perhaps most like Rayquaza or the basilisk from Harry Potter.
    I think the head is going to be what's going to decide my opinion, ifnot the whole discussion.

You should also remember that GameFreak likes to make things pretty. A good example is Chinchou. Look at it and the animal it was based on:

Spoiler:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    And tell me if that snake-ish body, and a pretty head, and a serene apperance is what's making you think that Milotic isn't a Dragon, tell me please, what's Dragonair?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Cause some suits in Gamefreak say so?!?!
    Now that's a really intelligent arguement!
    Please name 3 greater differences in appearance between Dragonair and Milotic. just 3!

tkallab

Years
    The crystal under Dragonair's chin, the big black eyes and the wings on Dragonair's head. Yet, these features have nothing to do with dragons.

Does this remind you of Tyranitar and Ononokusu?

Owned.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    No not really.
    I could count Milotic as a dragon i think, lets see, i has no wings, but that's barely a factor, Milotic could be a sea dragon such as this one though:
    Pherhaps Gyrados AND Milotic are both based on this creature, if so, then Milotic is a dragon, i will try looking for a picture of a serene dragon such as Milotic to compare to.

Attachments

• The Dragon's Den V.4
      water_dragon[1].jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 3

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    tkallab, stop using that word. I don't see how Dragonair looks more like a dragon than Milotic. shininglatios217 has a good point. However, I'd say Milotic would maybe haver been a better evolution for Dragonair with a different colour pallette. They look more alike than Dragonair and Dragonite.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Yeah your right, but when dragonair was invented they hadn't even thought of Milotic yet, otherwise they probably would have used that design to evolve dragonair.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    The poit still remains, about 70% people here thinks that Tyranitar is a dinosaur, not a dragon, and only tkallab and a few more people think that Milotic is a sea serpent and nothing more!
    What else connects Milotic to dragons? Just look at how rare it is, and what you have to do to get one! Dragons are rare, if not one of the rarest Pokemon in each region. If that's not enough, just check it's stats!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back