• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    That's probably correct. I'm just trying to say that Dragonite looks nothing at all like Dragonair.

Exactly, acctually way back when i was 9 and i started with Pokemon, it was a little hard for me to accept that Dragonite evolved from dragonair i kept trying to find explanations, it might have made more sense if dragonair evolved into dragonite in some kind of special way, like....LVL up while theres a dragon typed pokemon in your party or something, just sayin.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I don't see how Dragonair looks more like a dragon than Milotic.

Yes, that is what I'm trying to say!
    Read this post:

Ononokusu and Tyranitar have many similarities, but also many differences. But none of those differences have anything to do with the question at hand. Except one.

Ononokusu is Dragon-typed.

When it comes to differences between Ononokusu and Tyranitar that are related to dragons, this is the only one that stands out (read: the only one I could find). So if Tyranitar was Dragon-typed, he would be the same as Ononokusu in terms of being a dragon. But Tyranitar isn't Dragon-typed.

Therefor Tyranitar is not a dragon.
    Now read the version that I just edited:

Dragonair and Milotic have many similarities, but also many differences. But none of those differences have anything to do with the question at hand. Except one.

Dragonair is Dragon-typed.

When it comes to differences between Dragonair and Milotic that are related to dragons, this is the only one that stands out (read: the only one I could find). So if Milotic was Dragon-typed, he would be the same as Dragonair in terms of being a dragon. But Milotic isn't Dragon-typed.

Therefor Milotic is not a dragon.
    Also, Milotic may be based on a sea serpent, but it could also be a snake, oarfish or eel. Whereas Gyarados is pretty much confirmed to be based on the legend of the Carp and the Dragon Gate. This:
    The Dragon's Den V.4

Wait a second, I just got multi-ninja'd. Draggy, everyone who thinks Milotic is a dragon should be thinking he's a sea serpent. A sea serpent is a sea dragon. I just think he's an oarfish or an eel.

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    That's just twisting your own and other people's words!
    Sure, Gyarados is based on legendary Japanese sea dragon!
    Who sais that Milotic isn't?
    Sereously besides that serene head of it's you don't have a single reason to deny Milotic as a dragon! And not all POKEMON DRAGONS have ferocious head!

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Name atleast one of your favorite Dragon type pokemon, why you like it, and what position it has on your team.

Salamennnnce. xD
    Because he is such a powerhouse, he is unbelievable cool and his colour scheme is magnificent <33
    I usually lead out with Salamence (when I get him xD) as he can knock out any Pokemon with just a couple of dragon dances :)

tkallab

Years
    I didn't say that the serene head makes Milotic not a dragon. What makes Milotic not a dragon is, in my opinion, the same thing what makes Tyranitar not a dragon.

And Xilfer, there will be a vote about Milotic later, if I'm not mistaken. This is just a discussion, a way to try and convince others of your opinion.

tkallab

Years
    ...Later, people are gonna pm Amore whether they think Tyranitar and Milotic are dragons. The majority will get their way.

Draggy, what exactly about Milotic do you think makes him a dragon? Is it mostly the snake-like body, or the head with all its decorations?

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Draggy, what exactly about Milotic do you think makes him a dragon? Is it mostly the snake-like body, or the head with all its decorations?

My argumentation and reasons for Milotic being a dragon are in a post a couple of pages back, and i'm sure draggy would feel the same.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Wouldn't it be funny if we could just ask the pokemon making....team....people.....
    "Eats Halloween candy"

tkallab

Years
    Dooonerz;6257951[B said:
    ][/B]
    First of all, let's compare designs to other dragons:

The Dragon's Den V.4

The Dragon's Den V.4

Rayquaza and Gyarados; two very respectable dragons.

Now let's look at Milotic:

The Dragon's Den V.4

Do you guy's see the resemblance in the body? It is a long serpent body that coils, closely mimicking a dragon's (Gyarados + Rayquaza) body.

Really? Except for the fact that they both have long bodies with no arms, Milotic looks nothing like Gyarados. And the limbless pare doesn't even matter, because Rayquaza has arms. I believe Milotic might as well be a snake then, because Ekans, Arbok and Seviver also have long bodies! Heck, Milotic may even be made out of stone or steel, because Onix and Steelix also have long bodies!
    Dooonerz;6257951[B said:
    ][/B]Now let's move on the moves it can learn:

Twister (Lv. 19)
    Dragon Pulse (TM)
    Dragon Breath (Egg Move)

Now it may be that only one move can be learnt by level up; but it doesn't take away the fact that this non dragon can learn three dragon moves.

I believe we've already established moves are no arguments. Pidgey also learns Twister, Kangaskhan learns Outrage and Lapras learns Dragonbreath.
    Dooonerz;6257951[B said:
    ][/B]Milotic could also be counted as a dragon because of it's rareness; like most dragons in Pokemon are.

Well, uhm... Just because he's rare, you call him a dragon? Ever tried catching a Munchlax? Or Entei?

Dooonerz;6257951[B said:
    ][/B]EDIT: Thought of another reason; Milotic also breeds with the dragon group. Charizard and Gyarados do as well, and they are considered dragons, so why not Milotic? :)

So are Ekans and Treecko. And Zuruggu.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Now you're splitting hairs!
    All theese Doonerz's statements are correct when put together, as they should be! Once you split them, you can write whatever you want!
    But tell me, if Milotic is a Sea Serpent, name 2 reptilian asspects on Milotic. And don't even try to say that that blue/pink scales are teptilian scales, cause they're COMPLETLY different!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Perhaps sea serpents are kind of dragons, but I'm not quite sure about that!
    But you kept saying that Milotic is a sea serpent and not a dragon. So if it isn't a sea serpent, what IS Milotic to you?

tkallab

Years
    Didn't you believe surviving dragons might kind of look like that?

I think Milotic is either a sea snake (this is something completely different than a sea serpent), an eel or an oarfish. Oarfish seems the most likely, because it has those funky thingies on its head.

tkallab

Years
    Okay, maybe not a snake. But how about an oarfish?
    First of all, an oarfish is a really long fish that lives in the water. This is portrayed by Milotic at least evolving from a fish, having a long body and being a Water type.

Here's an oarfish.
    The Dragon's Den V.4

Imagine the strings under his head starting right above its eyes. Now also imagine that funky hairdo starting at the place where its fin is.

Owned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back