• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well let's look through our disscussion so far(feel free to add):
    You stated they look like a dragon -> I've proven they don't
    You said we don't know what dragons really look like -> I've proven we do
    You said that dinosaurs and dragons are the same thing -> i've proven they're not
    You said they're based on japanese mythological dragons -> I've proven that they're not(cause people or horses aren't dragons...)
    So IMO, I'm winning this argument! :D

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Well, apparently they can make something out of a horse and a horseman. And you should know creativity knows no boundries.
    And if you're saying you can't make dragons out of a horseman and a horse, then they're obviously not based on those two!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Also, I posted with quotations from Bulbapedia regarding their origins from dragons (Palkia's European, Dialga has no reference, but you don't actually know what a dragon looks like, as a drawing's accuracy cannot always be judged, and we have no photos, therefore it could be a dragon), and whilst people may or may not hate Bulbapedia, non-factual stuff gets removed, so there's obviously something out there somewhere...

Also, it's common knowledge/consensus that Tyranitar's based on a dinosaur, yet everyone considers him a dragon.....and both of them have hints of dinosaur about them (Dialga is an Amphicoelias, Palkia is a Plateosaurus), so therefore they're dragons.

Btw, stop being so naive Draggy. You say you've proven things, when you haven't. None of us have, because none of us have photographed, dissected and basically learned everything about every real life dragon ever to existed (in fact, although I don't want to go into it as you'll counterargument it, we have no proof they really exist).

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    And your logic baffels me once again...
    I think you're losing your touch tkallab!

What do you mean I haven't proven anything?!
    1- I've posted various pictures of dragons, and it clearly shows that Palkia, nor Dialga look like dragons
    2- I've posted old pictures that show what dragons looked like!
    3- Dinosaurs and dragons evolved from the same predeccesor, but that doesn't make them the same animal, or the same "thing" as you may call it
    4- I've proven that their designs are based on those myths, but they are't dragons!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How's he losing touch??

And explain how my logic baffles me, and I'll try and un-baffle you :D

tkallab

Years
    Yes, Amore is definitely better than me right now... I really can't help but feel everything's just opinions that need to be questioned.
    Actually, every argument, from both sides can be questioned, what makes everything so much harder... The only true fact we have is the Dragon type.

And I'm definitely losing my touch when it comes to not being ninja'd by Amore.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Okay, well....explain how tkallab's logic baffles you, then maybe he can elaborate upon it a bit to make it all clearer.

Btw, try to keep from the one-liners.....It sorta makes the thread look like it's descending into a messy argument full of posts that are written out so fast pc won't actually let us post because it's not been 60 seconds...

Also, if you've proven they're based on those myths, where's your interview with the pokémon creators telling us that? They could've just based them on a horse and a pink suit of armour for all we know....

And with old pictures, I don't know if you understand what I'm getting at with them.....basically, we don't know how accurate they are. It could've been some guy who got scared when his wife found out he was cheating on here, and imagined her looking like a dragon! Ok, bad example, but you should be able to understand what I'm saying

EDIT: @tkallab: yet there you are, ninja-posting me!

tkallab

Years
    Okay, I'll try to explain a bit better...

You said they can't make dragons out of a horse and a horseman. The only thing I'm asking you is why the hell not?

...Wait, that might have been a bit agressive. Consider this post ended with a smiley face.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

It was you who drew the Togekiss/dragon combination, right tkallab?

I think when words fail you, you should draw said human/horse dragon....because even if it turns out rubbish, it'd be funny :D
    After all, you have until November 30th to make people change their votes

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    About tkallab's logic: XD LOL
    he's making the same sentence twice, and it doesn't cleary say anything.

But you see, that's why I KNOW that dragons really existed!
    How on Earth would it be possible that both Europeans, Asians, Mayans, Egyptians, ect. would draw the same animal if it didn't exist, and if it didn't really look that way!

*sigh, ninja'd*
    How would you picture a dragon made out of a human?! A human with reptilian skin, wings, sharp teeth, and a long tail?! but then it's not a human anymore, nor does it resemble ie one bit!

tkallab

Years
    Well, okay, but that doesn't mean people who don't believe in dragons can't draw them however they want.

I'll just drop out of this conversation until I come up with some sense-making stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well....it could be a scaly fire-breathing human with wings....still the general body-shape of a human, but with dragon-like characteristics.

Likewise, a horse-dragon could be a horse with wings, scales and the ability to breathe fire.

But I'm going to leave before the quality of my posts dips too much not because my parent's demanded my laptop or anything...I'm my own person, nobody controls me!

tkallab

Years
    Well, I'm not saying they're based on the horse and the horseman, I say they're based on those two gods' story, not appearance. Any version of the myth you wish. I don't know where Amore got the fact that there are dragons in th myth from. But it sure is helpful.

But okay, let me draw you dragons out of a human and a horse. But also, please do tell what you think what Dialga and Palkia are and let me draw that out of a human and a horse.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Yeah, even if you could draw those, they would hardly be dragons...

*ninja'd, yet again*
    IMO, they're both some kind of aliens(Palkia some kind of warrior-thingy alien, and Dialga ciborg alien that looks like a horse) LOL

tkallab

Years
    Draggy, did you skip half my post?
    Tell me what you think Dialga and Palkia are. I'll try to make that out of a horse and a human too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back