• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eon Gliders Club: Latias and Latios

Which is better in your opinion- Latias or Latios?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Yay! anyway, new topic?

What would you nickname Lati@s?

For Latios, I would nickname him Mach (which is my Latios' nickname in PO)

miltankRancher

Years
  • I know now why it sounded familiar. It's been mentioned several times in the Arhurian Legends!

anyway, the userbar. the image failed to load as I see.

miltankRancher

Years
  • Could I post a new topic?

Since we had the topic regarding Lati@s most powerful move, Luster Purge and Mist Ball where overlooked, seeing as there are far more better choices for the duo. However, we cannot dismiss the fact that the two are signature moves, and therefore must have a certain grabdeur on its own. So, the topic.

Which among the two do you like better? Mist Ball or Luster Purge?

i would personally go with Luster Purge since it and its effect complements very well. Luster Purge is a Special attacks, which could lower a foe's Special Defense, therefore, ensuring a greater damage the next time Luster Purge is used. Mist Ball, on the other hand, lowers a foe's Special Attack, which would do nothing if the opponent is a Physically-inclined battler with absolutely no need for Special Attack, and will not notice even if the SpA is at it's lowest point possible.

DualBlade

The Umbreon Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Cool Prize Shop Dude.

Ima make a Userbar.

Edit:Im Done:
    o0o-1.png

Could I post a new topic?

Since we had the topic regarding Lati@s most powerful move, Luster Purge and Mist Ball where overlooked, seeing as there are far more better choices for the duo. However, we cannot dismiss the fact that the two are signature moves, and therefore must have a certain grabdeur on its own. So, the topic.

Which among the two do you like better? Mist Ball or Luster Purge?

i would personally go with Luster Purge since it and its effect complements very well. Luster Purge is a Special attacks, which could lower a foe's Special Defense, therefore, ensuring a greater damage the next time Luster Purge is used. Mist Ball, on the other hand, lowers a foe's Special Attack, which would do nothing if the opponent is a Physically-inclined battler with absolutely no need for Special Attack, and will not notice even if the SpA is at it's lowest point possible.

I'd say Luster Purge.Haha.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Mist Ball
    psychic.gif
    special.png
    70Power100Accuracy5PPA mistlike flurry of down envelops and damages the target. It may also lower the target's Sp. Atk.
    Luster Purge
    psychic.gif
    special.png
    70Power100Accuracy5PPThe user lets loose a damaging burst of light. It may also reduce the target's Sp. Def stat.

That's straight off of Serebii. I think Luster Purge is better for reasons already explained. Luster Purge has a cooler animation too. Click here to see it.

miltankRancher

Years
  • And Luster Purge's description is way more better than Mist Balls. Mist Ball sounds like... something from Spheal's moveset.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Out of Mist Ball and Luster Purge... I reckon they're both about equally as good as moves because they both compliment the Pokemon using it perfectly :3 So I'm not sure one really can be better than the other... However animation wise, I personally love Mist Ball! It's simply done but effective nonetheless ^^

miltankRancher

Years
  • Out of Mist Ball and Luster Purge... I reckon they're both about equally as good as moves because they both compliment the Pokemon using it perfectly :3 So I'm not sure one really can be better than the other... However animation wise, I personally love Mist Ball! It's simply done but effective nonetheless ^^

Mist Ball looks very much like Mud Bomb, with that spherical blob. LOL. Animation-wise, I still prefer Luster Purge. It is... blinding.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Out of Mist Ball and Luster Purge... I reckon they're both about equally as good as moves because they both compliment the Pokemon using it perfectly :3 So I'm not sure one really can be better than the other... However animation wise, I personally love Mist Ball! It's simply done but effective nonetheless ^^
    I'd end up using Psychic Attack anyway instead, but Mist Ball too! Exactly what AlexOzzyCake here said. Latias does it right! ;)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • More BIGnews! There will be an event taking place in the club, starting February 5th, in which you will display your own artwork of Latias or Latios or both. The prize will be 50 points and a customized VS. Sprite to your liking. (If you are wondering what that is, check my avatar) All entries must be in by the 15th, when I will judge them. If you have any questions, just ask.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
  • Yey! Events! even though it is a drawing event

So, we can start drawing right now, and have it submitted by the fifth of february?

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Yey! Events! even though it is a drawing event

So, we can start drawing right now, and have it submitted by the fifth of february?
    Starts- February 5th

Ends- February 15th

I'm a terrible drawer so this would be a terrible thing for me to do :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back