• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The first anime episode you EVER watched?

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    The first episode of the anime I can remember seeing was that one with meowth making noodles. I was like "woah, pokemon is on TV?"

What was the first anime episode you watched?

pkmin3033

The very first episode, when it first aired on SMTV Live. This was only a few days after I'd learned that Pokemon actually existed, and before I had a copy of Red. I quite liked it, because I liked anything animated back then; I didn't become obsessed until I realised just how big a craze Pokemon was.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Mystery on Mount Moon! I think I was just watching tv one day and it came on and from that day on my life was ruined.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Pokemon I Choose You. One morning before school, there was nothing else good on TV and the first ever episode happened to be on Sky One so I watched that and that's how I got into the Pokemon franchise.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    Most probably, it was the second episode from Hoenn, the one in which Ash meets Birch and May. I was four years old then, and i don't remember much since i couldn't understand a lot of things back then.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    Uuum, the second episode of the Kanto anime, but it was in Japanese and my friend had to explain what they were saying, cause I didn't know a single word of Japanese when I was that young. It still hooked me, though, apparently. xD

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    The first episode of the first season of the anime :) My cousins insisted me to watch the anime from the very start since I was very young lol

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Very first episode of Battle Frontier. You know, that one where May was scared of ghosts. Ah... yeah. Fear Factor Phony. That was it. That may have been the name of it. But it was definitely a tiny bit before Diamon/Pearl aired~.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Challenge of the Samurai. And it was around three-to-three thirty PM, and the channel was UPN 69, right before Duck Tales at three-thirty to four, and then Hercules after that and then Doug after that, followed by two airings of Sister Sister for the 5 PM slot and back to back episodes of Frasier for the Six PM slot.

While I was aware there had been a comic thanks to Pokémon Power, I didn't even know there was a TV show until that day. And it was around Summer 1999.

Last edited:
    Years
    This is one of the few things I don't remember from my experience with Pokemon, I know for sure it was one of the original series episodes, I just wish I knew which one it was...

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    My first episode was when I was 4/5; "Ash catch's a Pokemon!" Wow, 11/12 years ago since I first became hooked on Pokemon. Seeing Caterpie and Pidgeotto is what set me off on my rise to win the REAL Pokemon World Championship

Guest123_x1

I can't remember exactly which Pokémon episode was the first I ever watched since I started watching over 16 years ago, but I believe it was a Indigo-based episode being rerun on Kids' WB. (I'm pretty sure first-run dub episodes were already in the Orange Islands by the time I started watching, though.)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Like most people are saying, I can't really remember. I don't even remember how I first started watching pokemon. I think maybe my first episode was when Ash caught Caterpie. It wasn't until years later when I finally got to watch the first episode on Boomerang and that was within the last 10 years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I actually picked up an episode of Pokemon by complete accident.

My mom bought an entire box of VHS tapes from a garage sale one day, and one box for something completely different (like Con Air or something) had the Ditto episode of Season 1.
    I was hooked after that, and even convinced my mom to get basic cable to see what channel Pokemon was on.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    Mine was the LT Surge gym battle I had red already so I found it cool that there was a cartoon for it hooked ever since

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    My first ever encounter with the world of Pokemon anime was actually through the 4th movie, Pokemon 2002, which I watched at a relative's house. I remember feeling really cool back then, because we were watching it through an ancient-styled video tape, yet it was a relatively modern animation movie. Immediately after, I started watching the anime. My kid-mind could not take the coolness of the ever-so-incredible anime adaptation of my favourite video game series.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    The ninth episode (The School of Hard Knocks) and the fourth wall breaking joke is what comes to mind. I remember seeing the St. Anne "arc" a whole bunch (think my cousins had a VHS of it).

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    My first episode was the very first episode, when it started to air here in September 2000. For some reason, I decided to give it a chance and was hooked ever since.

Back