• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Update 6.0. A pretty significant update tidying up the prologue and early game, adding some new stuff, and fixing a Red's Journey West significant bug, among others.
    Changelog:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    What i gonna say gonna mean nothing to you, so yeah i just gonna said it.
    I love how the red journey to the west like answering many lore questions that every fan's on what happening to red and honestly i love more red journey more than the original journey, of course i still like the first journey but maybe because i have more personal attachment on red rather than oak

Thank you for this masterpiece and once again i know what i said will mean nothing but yeah thank you

I hope someone's will make video about red journey to the west because it need more exposure

Ps. I know the red journey still not finished and you have plan for it but maybe I hope you made some post game content when the red journey finish you know maybe some new challenges or something for red maybe he go to other region and continue to grow so we know what happening to him before sun and moon. Once again thank you for this amazing thing

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    What i gonna say gonna mean nothing to you, so yeah i just gonna said it.
    I love how the red journey to the west like answering many lore questions that every fan's on what happening to red and honestly i love more red journey more than the original journey, of course i still like the first journey but maybe because i have more personal attachment on red rather than oak

Thank you for this masterpiece and once again i know what i said will mean nothing but yeah thank you

I hope someone's will make video about red journey to the west because it need more exposure

Ps. I know the red journey still not finished and you have plan for it but maybe I hope you made some post game content when the red journey finish you know maybe some new challenges or something for red maybe he go to other region and continue to grow so we know what happening to him before sun and moon. Once again thank you for this amazing thing

No, no, it means a lot to me. How could I have aimed for as meaningful of a story as I could, if it didn't? I just love the source material and are in the same shoes as all the players who had the same feelings playing the originals, and just wanted something more of an experience. I am not one of those fandevs that came from nowhere, and doesn't interact with the same people who made the game possible, the players, lol. I find that really snobby and particularly hypocritical. I am a fan first and foremost, and the feelings you see in the game come from being a player of the franchise for many years, and having gone through the usual discussions, etc.

That said, Red's Journey West is complete. Haven't you reached the credits, perhaps? The sequel called Fated Epistle (which is also the main game in the series) is out, and is in episodic format, but you will get to see Red there too.
    As for another side game like RJW, snuck inbetween RJW and FE, I guess that's possible. But I would like to see other devs tackling it too. Some people on the discord are interested in doing that. The biggest problem with these endeavors, is time, however.

As for postgame content for RJW itself, I don't think I'll have the time to add (well technically, RJW IS the postgame to TFJ). RJW took a toll on my health and I am exclusively focusing on FE now, and also have an additional project in the works.

Thanks a lot for your post!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    No, no, it means a lot to me. How could I have aimed for as meaningful of a story as I could, if it didn't? I just love the source material and are in the same shoes as all the players who had the same feelings playing the originals, and just wanted something more of an experience. I am not one of those fandevs that came from nowhere, and doesn't interact with the same people who made the game possible, the players, lol. I find that really snobby and particularly hypocritical. I am a fan first and foremost, and the feelings you see in the game come from being a player of the franchise for many years, and having gone through the usual discussions, etc.

That said, Red's Journey West is complete. Haven't you reached the credits, perhaps? The sequel called Fated Epistle (which is also the main game in the series) is out, and is in episodic format, but you will get to see Red there too.
    As for another side game like RJW, snuck inbetween RJW and FE, I guess that's possible. But I would like to see other devs tackling it too. Some people on the discord are interested in doing that. The biggest problem with these endeavors, is time, however.

As for postgame content for RJW itself, I don't think I'll have the time to add (well technically, RJW IS the postgame to TFJ). RJW took a toll on my health and I am exclusively focusing on FE now, and also have an additional project in the works.

Thanks a lot for your post!

Yes i still in the middle so i though it's not finished because honestly my skill suck, you know typical player who bash everything with damage move and not put any status debuff move in original game that type of player is me hehe, so yeah this game really eye opening on my lack of skill

Also please take some rest about your health because it's more important

Thank you for answering 🙏👍🥲

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yes i still in the middle so i though it's not finished because honestly my skill suck, you know typical player who bash everything with damage move and not put any status debuff move in original game that type of player is me hehe, so yeah this game really eye opening on my lack of skill

Also please take some rest about your health because it's more important

Thank you for answering 🙏👍🥲

Well, I've also been playing the official games that way, just high attack mons and sweep. Don't worry, as the game has been designed with getting players familiar with all the other strategies. You can do it, it's just training and looking up strategies.

Thank you for playing!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    7.0 , a pretty big update is out, with lots of improvements across the board.

Changes:
    Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hi, there is a section titled "Download" in the thread. It's right after "screenshots".

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    I really loved the first part of the game. However upon starting Red's journey west the game became quickly way too much to the point I had to alter the Shuckle to beat the second gym...then it was quite enjoyable until the Miror B part where you do the dance competition I dont get it at all ... how long are you supposed to click the buttons it just seems stuck on going for minutes with no results or finish whatsoever... I would appreciate some advice on this

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I really loved the first part of the game. However upon starting Red's journey west the game became quickly way too much to the point I had to alter the Shuckle to beat the second gym...then it was quite enjoyable until the Miror B part where you do the dance competition I dont get it at all ... how long are you supposed to click the buttons it just seems stuck on going for minutes with no results or finish whatsoever... I would appreciate some advice on this

Oh... sorry to hear that! The 2nd gym can be dealt with easily if you use the rod to catch a Water mon. Or a Magnemite, too.
    You can't lose in the dancing minigame, that's why it keeps going. Just make sure you hit the appropriate button in the middle, or a bit to the right (I think that's what the event says) of the corresponding sprite.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Version 7.1

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    TFJ 8.0:

On a technical level this is the most significant update thus far. The crashing has been finally taken care of, and the portraits now use PNGs to animate, making sure not to do any fun stuff to v18s memory. If you get ANY weird effect (usually music stopping randomly) please report it! More bugfixing and QoL updates coming in the next weeks.

What does that mean besides fixing the dreaded crashing bug?
    On MKXPs side, even though on the oldest version, it means much more stable 60fps, native controller support, faster loading, better audio.

However, if you are gaming on older hardware or on mobile, please read the instructions on how to use the non-MKXP version.

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

TFJ 8.1

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2023
    Hi, I was wondering how you could evolve Farfetch'd in this game? I battled and beat the guy with the Farfetcher, and my Farfetch'd is level 80 at the moment. I already gave it the stick and tried the three crits in a single battle method and that didn't cause it to evolve. Is there another method here?

Back