• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "The first Pokemon I caught in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire was"....

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Poochyenna, lvl 5 with the move Thunder fang. Now a mighteyenna and still a member of my team in Alpha Sapphire.

yet another poochyena, but with fire fang, that was boxed in OR

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like several others, a Poochyena with Ice Fang. Funny how that works! I later wonder traded him away because I wasn't interested in having a Mightyena on my team.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • Poochyena with Fire Fang was the first pokemon i caught. I obtained Beldum before that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Can't remember if it was the Zigzagoon or the Poochyena with Thunder Fang that you catch as part of the tutorial and I kept in my party.

Years
  • And my current run with Omega Ruby that I have (on my second copy) had my first catch being a Poochyena with Ice Fang. I did keep it in my party for a little while but didn't care for it as much after around the third badge. I did evolve it though, and keep it in my party as death fodder/Intimidate fodder for a while until I got my final team member, which was after the fifth gym.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • My first pokemon I caught was obviously a Wurmple. Now that Wurmple became a strong Dustox. It's actually in my main team. I just loved its Gust. I named it Rhino because of its horn as a Wurmple. :D

Years
  • And I got a Wurmple as my first catch in my newest adventure. It evolved into a Beautifly, and i'll be able to get Struggle Bug when I arrive in Slateport. God only knows how long it'll last, but it might do me well.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • If I remember correctly:

Wurmple because it had to be the first encounter in my first adventure. I was thinking of starting over in a copy of Omega Ruby and I'd probably get another Wurmple as well. Hoenn intensified.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    a shiny zigzagoon... with adament nature.... always moves first... did not even have any attack moves.... just wow

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Mine was a Male Adamant Poochyena that knew Play Rough (without the tutorial) I named it Kiba for the sake of a reference.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't think I caught a Pokemon until I caught that Poochyena with one of the fang moves (which I believe for me it was Thunder Fang?) so I'll go with that for my answer.

Years
  • As most of you: Poochyena in both OR and AS.
    But in OR it stayed in my team till the very end, while in AS it got replaced by a Zigzagoon~ XDD

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Ralts, I'm pretty sure. I didn't really bother with pokédex completion until I beat the game and had access to pretty much anything, so I had no real reason to catch anything else.

Back