• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I didn't even know Bournemouth were a L2 side six years ago. I'm now even more sure they'll go up just to complete the fairytale.

Honestly I really want Watford to miss out and not just because that would make us PC members happy, I enjoy those sides who are always 'thereabouts' but never 'there' in the Championship.
    And the year before that we survived on the final day of the L2 season having started on -17 points alongside Luton Town

Years
    Okay yeah it's fate for Bournemouth to go up then.

Good news for all Norwich fans, Dimi (our gk) is a doubt which means Connor 'butterfingers' Ripley might boost your GD a little.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I didn't even know Bournemouth were a L2 side six years ago. I'm now even more sure they'll go up just to complete the fairytale.
    Noooo! The dreaded superstitions. I can't take that stuff this year. I know it may seem like I'm whining to you guys but honestly Liverpool are making me nervous given that the F.A cup is on his birthday on the last year of his Liverpool career.

All superstitions must be avoided until September.

Years
    Superstitions would probably be on your side in that case, last ever game against United he gets sent off. Last chance at the title he slips and throws it away. In that situation based on past record he should logically do a JT in the penalty shootout to gift you the trophy.

It's not just superstition I'm basing my prediction on anyway. Coming up from L2 means some of their squad (and Eddie Howe) have experience in securing promotion.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Superstitions would probably be on your side in that case, last ever game against United he gets sent off. Last chance at the title he slips and throws it away. In that situation based on past record he should logically do a JT in the penalty shootout to gift you the trophy.

It's not just superstition I'm basing my prediction on anyway. Coming up from L2 means some of their squad (and Eddie Howe) have experience in securing promotion.
    I think this is tied for the best thing I've read on this site.
    Class. {XD}
    Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Consensus around Norwich is that Bournemouth aren't going to slip. You do face a couple of stubborn sides though in Wednesday and Charlton though so hopefully one of those can hold you and we can have the title.

I wonder why he doesn't go by his last name.

Not exactly surprising news but we almost certainly won't be starting Grabban, he pulled of his position on the bench in the previous game due to some discomfort relating to his recent injury. Johnson is back from his suspension though so that's pretty great.

Ruddy, Martin and Wessi were all promoted from the Championship with Norwich last time. Not sure how much it is worth mentally but I guess it can't hurt. Although maybe Watford's bad memories from last season will push them on this.

If Watford aren't promoted I could see a few members of that squad moving on. Expect it would be as harmful to them as it would us.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Never thought people would be more worried about the Championship than the Champions league lmao. Bruh. Anyways, anyways, whoever saw the matches here are the score if you wanna know.
    Porto 3-1 Bayern
    PSG 1-3 Barcelona

YNWA.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Considering all 3 of our clubs are involved in the Championship it shouldn't really be too surprising.

I saw the Porto vs Bayern highlights. Those Bayern defenders, I wonder if they're still having 7 - 1 related PTSD.

Years
    It's just a bizarre coincidence that three of the main posters happen to support promotion contending Championship sides.

Watford would definitely have to lose Deeney at the very least.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I think Angella has pretty much said he'd be off in the summer if they aren't promoted. Deeney has hit the 20 mark 3 seasons in a row, would certainly be surprised if they managed to keep him.

Guess they'll just get replaced with more Udinese offcuts.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Never thought people would be more worried about the Championship than the Champions league lmao. Bruh. Anyways, anyways, whoever saw the matches here are the score if you wanna know.
    Porto 3-1 Bayern
    PSG 1-3 Barcelona

YNWA.

Yh, kinda stopped caring about champions league when we lost to Monaco. I admit that I was fooled into thinking we could do it when we were winning 2-0 and were on top of them. But tbh, we were on top of them in the first leg, one deflected goal from 25 yards and a counter attack goal scored by the worlds coolest tortoise and its all over. Most interesting thing that happened in this years champions league for me was Danny Welbeck's hattrick. :(
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I think Angella has pretty much said he'd be off in the summer if they aren't promoted. Deeney has hit the 20 mark 3 seasons in a row, would certainly be surprised if they managed to keep him.

Guess they'll just get replaced with more Udinese offcuts.
    Wouldnt it just be irony if we drew against Charlton but still went up.... and Grabban to score in the 93rd min to make Norwich champions

... we have only ever won 1 division title in our history and thats it

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Surprised you don't have a few regional titles from 100 years ago or something like that.

5 divisional titles here, I've seen 2 of them. Hope I live to see us win a league or FA Cup.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Surprised you don't have a few regional titles from 100 years ago or something like that.

5 divisional titles here, I've seen 2 of them. Hope I live to see us win a league or FA Cup.
    We always lose title in unreal situation like we lost the L1 title because of that Brentford vs Doncaster game where Brentford missed a 92nd min penalty for Doncaster to right up the other end and score 20 seconds after

Years
    We have had 4 real division titles which were all in what is now the Championship (last in 1995). We have some phoney ones from the 9th division back in the 19th century as well.

It's hard to deal with the ups and downs of just this promotion battle, I have no idea how mid 90s Boro fans survived two promotions, relegation and three failed cup finals.

Years
    Indeed, quite a lot of likeable players in that little era for the club.

Based on the lineup, the only real worries are Kalas at RB and Ayala getting injured. We might actually do okay.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I'm no expert on the Boro squad but that looks like a rather attacking lineup to me. Not too many sides have come to Carra with that mentality.

Our lineup pretty much picks itself atm. Johnson back in for Redmond as expected.

Years
    Well we don't have much to lose so I suppose it makes sense. It isn't really much different to usual except Tomlin will do something unlike Reach who would simply be a passenger.

Back