• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    Well that was the most boring game I have been to in a long time / ever. I don't think I have ever seen a game that deserved to be 0-0 as much as that game and I would say Brighton's self deprecating fans were probably more entertaining than the match. It was a bit frustrating that Watford slipped because it means if we kept up our end of the bargain in these last two games, we would be up now.

Now we play Brentford which seems good on paper, but they're coming in on good form and we obviously aren't. I still think we'll slip by 1-0 on aggregate because our full defence will be back though.

On the plus side, I'm sure the other semi final will take up most of the media coverage which will relieve some pressure.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    CHAMPIONS!!!! for the 2nd time in our history we have won a league title........ THANK YOU Sheffield Wednesday all if forgiven after we dropped points to you a couple of weeks ago it is so much a better feeling to win the title the way we did it......

Complete reverse from losing the League One title to Doncaster 2 seasons ago when they got a 93rd min winner after Brentford had missed a penalty 30 seconds beforehand.

I am so looking forward to watching Ipswich vs Norwich on Friday knowing we have already gone up, I can not imagine what it is like currently supporting either of those sides....

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, the Championship has been a good scenario.... not for Blackburn obviously, lol. But yeah, Bournemouth making it into the premier league for the first time, and hopefully Ipswich or Brentford to join them and Watford. At the other end, I was pleased that Rotherham won which sent Millwall and Wigan down.

Oh, could Newcastle end up like Blackpool if they are not careful?

Years
    Great result and delivered in a sweet fashion. Very confident about keeping them out at the Riverside. Away support unbelievable as usual.

We'll probably screw it all up at Wembley, but oh well.

Years
    On the contrary, I enjoyed it ending that way, but then I don't like Liverpool so I would say that. He can still go out with a bang next week anyway.

Tickets booked after a long wait for Wembley. Semi-final was amazing, lets hope we can top it by going up. Either way I think it's fair to say the best teams won in the semis.

Years
    It looks like we have reverted our usual silence on mind games with Woodgate saying you're the bigger team (which is too obvious in my opinion). Amazingly he also isn't confirming his retirement even though it would make no sense for him to carry on next season.

Will you be popping down to Wembley for the day?

edit - Mega cringe.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I haven't been able to get a ticket through the club, not been a season ticket holder for a couple of years and didn't know about the priority membership cheat. A lot of fans signed up to that a week before the tickets went on sale and got tickets despite not attending any games during the season. I went to about 5 or 6, including the Ipswich semi. A real shame that no tickets went on general sale here.

It's the first time we've been to Wembley in 30 years so I'm pretty desperate to go. If I do go I'll almost certainly end up paying double or triple the official prices. More than likely end up in a pub though.

lol that was terrible. Boro should have gotten Maximo Park to do something.

Years
    I suppose your scheme for letting ST holders buy a second ticket must have made it pretty difficult. We had a little priority membership thing that everyone neglected as well. I was lucky to get them on general sale (typically this is probably the only season I won't have a ST holder).

The resale prices are pretty shocking, I know I wouldn't pay them because I simply couldn't afford it.

Some of the Maximo members may have been in earlier #believe videos, but I'm not too sure.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Yup, resale might even be fine if it wasn't on top of transport and beer/food costs. I'd imagine those designated pubs aren't reducing prices for the day. Just one of those things. Our CEO has stated that given an unlimited number of tickets we could have sold 60k.

Game should be a good one, not buying into either side saying they are the underdog. It really will just come down to who performs on the day.

I reckon the winner of this game will be the promoted side most well equipped to do well in the Premier League next season.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Southend were very lucky last night. A last minute goal in extra time... and they win on penalties. I really wanted Wycombe to go up, but oh well. Southend just might stay up.

Hull or Newcastle to go down? I would say Newcastle. I think Man United will field a weakened side against Hull, and try to do Hull a favour. Newcastle are in a mess since Pardew's leaving, and I really cannot see them beating West Ham. Even a draw from Newcastle won't be good enough. If they do get relegated I can see them going down again.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Southend were the better team and should have had a pen at 0 - 0. Would have been unlucky to lose. Great shootout.

I see Gerrard is getting a fitting send off. Wondeful.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    {D:} What a finale.
    Typical of this to happen in games that don't matter.
    Why couldn't we pull this shit in the cup final
    And Gerrard...well...a whole other story I guess. Much as I love to laugh at Liverpool, this is just cruel

Years
    I can't tell whether I am glad that Newcastle stayed up or not. I suppose if we're a Premier League side this time tomorrow then it's a good thing they stayed up for some derbies. Very good day for Jonas Gutierrez I'm sure.

Garth Crooks seemed to think we were the best equipped and better sides of the league this season.

Just some quick side comments unrelated to the playoffs which is all I can really focus on - wow <3 u stoke, walcott is a striker, West Ham to get relegated next year and realise Sam was doing an okay job.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    So Norwich are back in the Premier league, nifty.

The final day had a lot of interesting things going on, not least of which was, holy crap, Stoke, they went to town on Liverpool. Those were some terrible final games for Gerrard's sendoff.

(and as much as I'm upset that Southampton failed to secure a spot in Europe, Lampard had a wonderful final game)

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    So Norwich are back in the Premier league, nifty.

The final day had a lot of interesting things going on, not least of which was, holy crap, Stoke, they went to town on Liverpool. Those were some terrible final games for Gerrard's sendoff.

(and as much as I'm upset that Southampton failed to secure a spot in Europe, Lampard had a wonderful final game)
    Southampton will still be in Europe IF Villa fail to win the FA Cup on Saturday, Norwich played quite well today but Boro never turned up. I think its proven if you go at them like we and Watford did they crumble and fall apart.

I sense Boro are going to be in a struggle for play-offs next season with Bamford gone, would of prefered them up instead of Norwich for our sakes next season.

Years
    Well we certainly did not turn up today. Just awful in every aspect, Gorgeous George and Adomah were the only ones who looked interested. Unforunately my prediction of us bottling at Wembley was very right, but I suppose it was an okay day out. Some miserable supporters from both sides considering the occasion though.

Unless Kike hits the weights and becomes a magic 20 goal striker, we will be needing a new striker next season. God knows which other players will leave.

Bad day, but at least we're not ending our seasons with dead rubbers against Yeovil I suppose.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, I've seen reports of some scraps breaking out. Weekends of drinking and idiots don't mix too well.

Game itself had similarities to when you guys visited Carrow Road the other month. Much like us on that night I'm not sure you would have scored in another 90 minutes. Was honestly expecting an end to end game, and thought that was what we were getting when both teams hit the bar within that same 30 seconds. Honestly haven't seen us control a game like we did in that first half for a long time.

I obviously don't know the contract status if players like Friend and Adomah but I could certainly see other clubs showing some interest. Then there will be quite a few gaps due to all of the loans. Well, after what he's done so far I'd certainly trust Karanka's judgment.

Think I read that all of the ticket money would be going to the defeated side, so there's that as well.

Back