• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
So their crazy home goalscoring form continues. Them putting 7 past us is looking better every week.

Time to watch a boring 0 - 0 draw involving Newcastle and Saints.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Just had to wait for the Hull game to finish before posting, almost perfect set of results for Norwich today. A win against Swansea tomorrow could see them jump into the the top half of the table. Hughton out.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
A fair point in a game where neither side were very good. Great goal Hooper though.
AomXFBI.gif

Years
A fair point in a game where neither side were very good. Great goal Hooper though.
AomXFBI.gif

Wow, what a volley!

I got to see the last few minutes of that game, because obviously NBCSN would show the Man U/Aston Villa game. Although the Tottenham/Liverpool game will be on in a bit. ^_^

Years
They should have let him stay will the end of the season. The only propblem with Spuds whas that they weren't scoring any goals but be could have bought a couple of strikers and rectified that.

Yesterday's result might make it seem very bad, but they were down to 10 men against a team that already pounding them when they had 11.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
City - Barcelona: Salivating already.
Arsenal - Bayern: Oh boy.
Olympiakos - United: If that's not being lucky, I don't know what it is.
Leverkusen - PSG: Shouldn't be too hard for the petroteam.
Shalke - Madrid: Easy enough for Madrid, except they have only ever won one single match in Germany ever. Let's see how the first leg goes.
Zenit - Dortmund: No contest unless Dortmund keep their poor form of late.
Milan - Atlético: Muntari said they wanted this draw because the current co-leader of the Spanish league seemed like the weakest rival for him. Let's see what they say afterwards.
Galatasaray - Chelsea: Hi Drogba.

Ivysaur

Years
Well, the first draw is always rigged. There are so many teams that can't be drawn together that guessing is easier than it should.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Liverpool topping the table. Finally; after several years of mediocrity, we have a decent enough team (which boils down to the brilliance of Suarez) to challenge for the title. I hope we keep this consistency, and with the City game coming up, hopefully we don't derail too much if we happen to lose. I'm optimistic over our chances there, but the Etihad is a difficult place to get a result.

With Suarez renewing his contract recently (assuming he renewed for the sake of commuting to the club and not to up his value if Madrid comes knocking), we look great. Just have to improve squad depth (especially in defense).

Your predictions for the City v Liverpool game?

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
I am really hoping for a Liverpool win on boxing day. There are so many factors going against us though. Man city are killer at home. They score a ton of goals, and our defense isn't really the best, as we havn't really kept many lean sheets and always seem to give up a goal. If we can play as a team like we did against Spurs, then I think we can pull it off and surprise the leauge.

If everything goes right I can see us winning 3-2, or 3-1

but my actual speculation is a 4-2 City win.

I really hope Liverpool prove me wrong. I still have some hope.

Years
There will be a different back 4 (or 5) in the Boxing day match. Johnson might play leftback and Kelly rightback. There may be a back 3 of Agger, Sakho and Skrtel.
The crucial player will bs Lucas. If he has a good game, he'll ensure that Yaya doesn't.

Ivysaur

Years
If the two European teams I support end up leading their respective leagues by mid-season, I'll probably spend a few days out of my mind.

City - Liverpool and Atlético - Barça. Come on guys.

Years
Once again I've been neglecting PC as I simply forget to check up on it for a good few weeks. To sum up Boro in that period, crap as usual until the last week when Mr. Ledesma decided he wants to be Messi and led us to two victories. Hopefully another victory tomorrow.

In other news, Hull - Fulham. Wow, just wow.

Back