• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Less than halfway into the game right now and Germany are wrecking Brazil 5-0, three goals within minutes of each other.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    This is right up there with the day Real Madrid lost 4-0 to 2nd division B Alcorcón.

Except Brazil are playing at home.

Sir Codin

I'm still going to root for them because of my bet, but I just have no clue how Netherlands are going to handle Argentina. I mean, they barely beat Costa Rica.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm still going to root for them because of my bet, but I just have no clue how Netherlands are going to handle Argentina. I mean, they barely beat Costa Rica.

Argentina barely beat all the teams they have faced so far, including massive rivals such as Iran. So yeah.

The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    I live in a neighborhood with a large Hispanic populous and 5 minutes ago, the streets were mayhem. Maybe I would live easier if I wasn't Part German or Part Dutch. The day when Mexico lost to Netherlands was also pretty bad. But however, Brazil, you still tried, even without your star player Neymar, so GG.

Sir Codin

Oh, man, get a load of the pictures taken after the match. You can just see the disappointment on every Brasilian's face as clear as day.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Oh well, Brazil's defense and midfield died today. Also congrats to Klose for reaching 16 goals in WC.

Sir Codin

I mean, I expected Germany to beat them at least 2-1, but 7-1? Wow.

Years
    Hot damn does Germany know how to turn on the afterburners! This is the second mauling they've handed out this tournament. And against both of the Portuguese speaking nations in the tournament, too. Wonder if they were utilizing any trash talk in Portuguese, haha. :P

Years
    Glad I wasn't near any Brazilian after the game today. I'll have to be with one for over six hours tomorrow though, and I can imagine the kind of mood he'll be in. With good reason, his country was abysmal today and were humiliated badly on the world stage with everyone watching. Germany showed no mercy. Ugly to watch, especially when they cut to that Brazilian kid bawling in the stands. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    GG PSG, 50 mil for David Luiz, transfer of the century!

Brazil had it coming really. They've been abysmal this entire tournament, pulling through on the individual class of Neymar and the defensive stability thanks to Silva. I absolutely loved it. 8D

Sir Codin

Whelp, Netherlands lost and I'm out $1 on a bet. Congrats, Argentina, for breaking my spirit.

Back