• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • It depends on the games really, I know it's difficult to find Boro games because I only get to watch 1 or 2 away ones per season. When I don't have my ST next year it'll be pretty annoying.

I think we get to see more matches here, than in England. Even 3 pm matches are telecast here.
    The Premier League is telecast by Star Sports, whereas the Championship and League one are on another network. The ones that cannot be shown live are shown immediately after the live games finish.
    I don't get all that time now but until a couple of seasons ago I could get to watch all the Premier League games of the week before Monday. (Unless there was a Monday night fixture)

Years
  • Hopefully I can catch some shady streams online from foreign broadcasts next season then.

Emre Can, in complete contrast to Lallana, looks like great business for Liverpool. This transfer window better spice up soon though, I'm not accepting Suarez as the only BIG transfer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    For Liverpool or in general? Costa's going to Chelsea, so that should be big. (in that it might show he probably isn't worth what was paid)

Years
  • For Liverpool or in general? Costa's going to Chelsea, so that should be big. (in that it might show he probably isn't worth what was paid)

In general, Liverpool are the last team I'd have a specific interest in. :P

Good point I'd forgotten Costa. Juventus signing someone big would be nice, it's about time we had a Italian team that can contend in the Champions League again.

Of the first half of the match between France and Germany, Germany scored one goal from a header by Mats Hummels. Said header that started from a free kick. Course Germany is seeking their fourth consecutive World Cup semifinal match. This match is quite interesting so far.

Not as interesting as the Colombia game has been so far, really good tempo and it's very open. It's a shame Brazil will probably win.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    Neymar has more lives than a cat.

Brazil plays some horrible football these days.

Years
  • Bad to see the most entertaining team leave the tournament at the expense of one that has flattered to deceive and has lived on refeering decisions up to now. It looks very much like we'll have the boring semis everyone expected before the tournament with Netherlands subbed in for Spain.

Hitsushiro

someone
    Years
  • Bad to see the most entertaining team leave the tournament at the expense of one that has flattered to deceive and has lived on refeering decisions up to now. It looks very much like we'll have the boring semis everyone expected before the tournament with Netherlands subbed in for Spain.

Oh you people here understand me. Brazil has so far been the worst ♥♥♥♥ing team in the tournament, and the most boring to watch. Initially during the game it was fun to see the ball going back and forth, but even by then the ref lost control of the game. Which went in Brazil's favour, because he was slightly biased and it suited Brazil's physical strategy.

I also felt bad for Colombia from the beginning. With so many enemy fans around you, all you could hear when you had the ball was boo's and whistling. It was so annoying.

I'm out.

Years
  • Hopefully Neymar isn't seriously injured, because he's what makes watching Brazil exciting. Also, it will severely hurt their chances of winning against Germany, who has looked like the strong team this entire World Cup. On the other side. I expect it to be a relatively simple, drama free ride to the final for Argentina.

Hitsushiro

someone
    Years
  • Hopefully Neymar isn't seriously injured, because he's what makes watching Brazil exciting. Also, it will severely hurt their chances of winning against Germany, who has looked like the strong team this entire World Cup. On the other side. I expect it to be a relatively simple, drama free ride to the final for Argentina.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28173132

I expect it the rest of the World Cup to be very difficult for Argentina.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    do your friends and family watch world cup??

Since this is an american website... i wondering
    if yes what team they root for?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • We did this year since it was hyped up. USA. Now that the US is kicked out, it's back to the NHL off season news.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm watching every game, so far have not missed any game - my uncle and I watch them and after games we talk about them for hours, our favorite moments, the controversies.

my three teams are already out, USA - Mexico -&- Uruguay - my uncle was devastated and even crying when Mexico was eliminated.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Mhm. They do.

We are pretty against each other xD. Some are with Brazil, Others with Germany and another ones with Argentina.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    We'll see about Argentina.

Won't be missing Neymar whatsoever. At least we won't be seeing any theatrical flip-flop dives everytime an opponent gets close. (Well, there's still Robben...) Though that was a very very very nasty challenge by Zuniga who could've/should've been off in the first half already.

Doubt we'll see that ref again this tournament...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My Ma and Da still do watch the world cup, as do I. We were rooting for Croatia, but since they are out, now it's Costa Rica.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It's hard to escape football in Europe, world cup or not.

Rooting for a Dutch win, obviously... I can't leave the house without being blinded with orange.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • My friends watch it, but my family doesn't. I actually don't really care who wins or not. I don't have a reason to, given I'm not one that watches football nor is my country in the games. I do like the official World Cup song though!

Years
  • Same, I really don't care for the World Cup even though my parents and brother have. My sister has been following it too, but I could give less of a carp about soccer myself.

Back