• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Garden of Life ~ Grass-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Garden of Life ~ Grass Type Fan Club
Owner: Denny Hamlin

Wmwa4ia.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to a quiet area of Pokemon Clubs, an area filled with trees, green grass, and many flowers of all kinds. This was once called The Leafy Forest, but it was converted to a large garden, where all grass Pokemon live in peace, and where fans gather to hang around with them. This club is for anyone who loves, cherishes, and adores any type of grass-type Pokemon. Whether you like to choose a grass-type starter, or a fan of certain types of moves or Pokemon in general, this is the club for you!

Bring your watering cans, and sunshine…you'll need a lot of that!​

Rules
1. All Global PokeCommunity Rules apply
2. Spam is 20% not cool, man.
3. Zero tolerance for flaming/trolling/baiting. Any of that will be reported to OzCake and Olli.
4. Of course, stay active!
5. Any member here is more than welcome to start a topic. However, don't start a new topic if the current one hasn't died down for more than 1 day.
6. As this is a garden, please refrain from bringing fire, or matches.
7. Have fun. That's more important!​

Partner Pokemon & Level Up System
aka the sign-up system

You are to choose two Pokemon when you join the club. One of your Pokemon MUST be a starter. Why? Your starter Pokemon grows and evolves based on experience. So, when you begin, you start off with an unevolved starter Pokemon. Then, after 10 posts, your starter will evolve into your stage 1 form (aka Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur, Treecko -> Grovyle, etc). Your starter Pokemon will evolve into their final forms (Meganium, Serperior, etc) if you prove your activity, and/or contributiveness. That is based upon the decision of the owner of the club. So, it is important to be active!

Starters to Choose:
bulbasaur.gif
chikorita.gif
treecko.gif
turtwig.gif
snivy.gif
chespin.gif

List of Grass-Type Pokemon
[Please do not choose evolved starters]​

Sign-Up ~
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
[In order to join, please keep up with the current discussion, or introduce yourself!]​

Group Members
Denny Hamlin ~ Chikorita & Leavanny
Hikamaru - Snivy & Roserade
Yet Another Logical Nerd - Turtwig & Leafeon
Venitardus - Bulbasaur & Gogoat
Sheep - Chespin & Whimsicott
Peitharchia - Treecko & Breloom
Synerjee - Treecko & Leafeon
Leijon - Chikorita & Bellossom
Nolafus - Snivy & Cradily
The Dark Avenger - Snivy & Lilligant
Musicality - Bulbasaur & Whimsicott​

Last edited:
Years
Wow it has been ages since Megan ran a Grass club so pretty cool to see her doing it again. Anyways, I guess I'm the first one to join... because Grass-types are so beautiful.

Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Snivy & Roserade

Snivy is my fave Grass starter, and it's from my fave generation so yeah why not? As for Roserade, its evolution line was often my go-to Grass-type in pretty much any game it was obtainable in, and it's a powerful special attacker.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yes I know, it's been forever. But now I got time! Yay time management!

Chose Chikorita for obvious reasons! Been choosing Chikorita since I played Silver for the first time. And just this past gen (6th), I was able to drag a Chikorita from Pokemon Bank and use a Meganium on my team. It was AWESOME. I felt so happy. :3

Leavanny was one of my powerhouse Pokemon in 5th gen. Dual-type bug/grass! Even though it has 4x weakness to fire, I don't care. I love this Pokemon so much. <3

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Even though I'm not a grass type lover, there are still some pokemon that I adore from there.

Name: Logical Cabbage
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig (obviously for being cute)
Leafeon (for being an eeveelution)

Turtwig is my favorite starter by far. His wicked attack sends foes to elsewhere. And when he goes as Torterra, Earthquake and Wood Hammer are some bad ass moves. Infernape and Empoleon won't stand a chance against him! Plus, Turtwig was my partner in PMD Sky.

Leafeon is awesome not only for being an eeveelution but has helped me a great number of times in Pokemon Conquest and Battle Frontier. Plus, that design is pretty cool, and like who can resist that?

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur & Gogoat.

Chose Bulbasaur because it can be very useful and has an awesome evolutionary line. Personally I like Ivysaur better out his line cause of design reasons but with Venasaur able to use powerful attacks like earthquake, an able to mega evolve, that is pretty awesome.

Gogoat is a unique one. Its able to use bulldozer, which is a decent ground-type attack, and it's able to use surf, one of the vital hm's to finish the game. And it has a cute pre-evolution.

Years
Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: Chespin & Whimsicott. If possible I'd like Chespin to remain unevolved. <3

It's hard to pick a favorite grass starter because they're all so cute aha. I think Turtwig is the only one I don't like as much but the rest are just ahhcute. Chikorita and Chespin especially, love them so much.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Endless.
Partner Pokemon: Treecko, and Breloom.

My favorite grass-type starter Pokémon will always be Treecko, It's from Hoenn, and since I'm a pretty huge fan of this region, my opinion might seem a little biased here, but it really isn't; if it were the starter of any other place, I'm more than sure that it still would have been my favorite.

Treecko's design is simply great; to me, it always seems as if it's laid-back and cool. Not only that, but it also evolves into Sceptile, which is one of my most favorite grass-type Pokémon in general. It might not be that great competitively, but it doesn't necessarily matter; I like it mostly because of the role that it had played in-anime.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Added everyone that just joined onto the list. <3 Welcome to all!

The majority of you that joined chose Treecko as well as 3rd Gen grass-types as their Partner Pokemon. Since ORAS is coming soon in November, this has prompted me to start off a club topic that's all about ORAS and grass-types in general! For that, I ask: Aside from Treecko, are you using any other 3rd Gen grass-types for your team? Other-Gen grass-types?

Years
Aside from Treecko, are you using any other 3rd Gen grass-types for your team? Other-Gen grass-types?

I remember when I had two Grass-types on my first Ruby team (a Roselia and Breloom) and yeah it was redundant but they both played different roles. As for what Grass-types I plan to use I may actually use Roserade this time because of how well it'll remind me of the Roselia I had in Ruby. Given there's so many Water-types in Hoenn, having a Grass-type is well recommended.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Since I don't like Treeko, I picked Torchic for the type. But in order to beat up a Swampert, I needed serious back up, and then came Breloom, at first a Shroomish actually. It really helped kick the first and the third gym, although by then my greatest weakness was birds. But still, Breloom helped beat up that Swampert like nothing.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Aside from Treecko, are you using any other 3rd Gen grass-types for your team? Other-Gen grass-types?

I might use the lotad line in one of my play throughs. If I use a grass type from another gen, it would probably be the tangela line.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've used Roselia for a while, but wasn't too fond of it, sadly, as it didn't seem to be powerful enough to take down a decent amount of opponents and whatnot. It did have its positives, but for my team, this Pokémon just didn't go along that well.

Eventually, I've captured Shroomish, and had it evolve into Breloom, and soon fell in love. Breloom, on this hand, was actually quite easy to utilize, and was also able to defeat foes on its own, without having to rely on any other team member. Later, I gave it up, and had the Pokémon replaced with another Breloom, but this time, an IV-bred one.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: Autumn Reverie.

Partner Pokemon: Leafeon and Treecko.

I'm actually not one to use Grass-types in my teams, but if I had to use them, I might choose Lilligant because of the Own Tempo + Petal Dance combo and its high special attack and speed, Whimsicott with Prankster because it looks like it would be fun to use, or Breloom because of its hidden ability Technician + Mach Punch.

Years

I actually do want to try Roselia now that she can be evolved. Last time I used her she was really fun but extremely fragile so she didn't make it very far - Roserade should do wonders to counter that. I'm also hoping to make Sceptile my mega evolution. Go grasses! :D

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
You know I'm gonna join this Megan ;3

Username: Leijon
Partner Pokemon: Chikorita and Bellossom ^^

Chikorita is my favorite grass starter and Bellossom is my overall favorite Pokemon. The are just too cute for me to handle <3

And with the topic, I would probably see myself using a Roserade or a Cacturne but I have set my sights on Bellossom :x

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to those that joined, guys! I'm so glad you're joining this great club. :3

I have a Shiny Sceptile that was gifted from a PC member who no longer goes here anymore. But I still cherish it no matter what. <3 I might use it for my new ORAS game but probably in post game as I don't want to "cheat" ya know what I mean?

I've been meaning to use Roselia or Shroomish/Breloom just like my RSE game, but it depends on new moves, abilites and such. Breloom is too cute, so I might end up using that. :3 (I tend to go for the mose cute and adorable grass-types!).

Here's a shiny new topic for the shinies! What are your favorite Shiny grass-type Pokemon? Do you have any shiny grass-type Pokemon?

Salzorrah

Years
I don't know much about the shiny Pokemon's colors, but what I do still remember is Bellossom's since it's purple and pink <3 I could still remember that the it's GSC Shiny sprite is the same coloration as a Vileplume, but they got changed, to just purple and pink :3 Sadly I do not own and shiny Pokemon so I don't have any Shiny Grass types to be relevant :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Meganium and Leavanny has brownish gold colors as their skin/leaves which greatly represent herbs and autumn like creatures. It's great to see that they represent my favorite season!

Also pink and purple bellossom is so pretty, it represents other colors of many flowers :3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
My favorite grass type is Sceptile. It just looks so awesome. As for me having any, that would be a big no. I've been trying to get a shiny treeko for alpha sapphire.

Salzorrah

Years
I should really get a shiny Grass type for ORAS. Maybe I could breed my Bellossom in XY and hope for the best? Haha ;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back