• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race V.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years

The problem with changing the core mechanics is much of the fan base dislikes that and quits. I know one can't appease everyone, but when most fans dont even buy the next game, that is not good.

For example, Diablo 3 apparently changed the looks of the main character, and had a scene that mocked the players with a wig for like 5 seconds. That was not a good move.

And look at COD. They had jetpacks and super suits (which changed the whole multiplayer setting), and the player base already hates all of that after just game.

I haven't played the two games, but this is from what I have read and stuff.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I'd say look at the core of a game every year or so and see what aspects of that core needs modifying or reverting, even small changes are a boon if they are applied in the right areas.

Gonna be honest about CoD as far as nitpicking goes, Advanced Warfare was a step in the right direction gameplay wise if you ask me. Before the jetpacks and exo abilities, the gameplay felt slow at best at times, especially in the multiplayer aspects. The sniper rifles are still crap but hey, at least that gives the developers something to work on when getting the next installment ready for launch.

Also, hello and Gen 3 for the win lol.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I was talking about in general as far as control cores in gaming went, even so I was talking about minor improvements at least if they were needed. Talking in general here.

Pokemon? Honestly, I can't say that I dislike the core too much. Nowadays, it's the environments that feel stale if anything if you ask me. Personal preference there though so I can't stand behind that too much now.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years

I would like to see an older protagonist, and a different purpose. Maybe I want to join the evil team, and rise up in the ranks to because the leader of said team and complete missions to do bad stuff. Maybe I dont want to be a champion, but would rather explore more and focus on discovering new pokemon. Maybe I want to join a pokemon civil war between regions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

After seeing OR/AS, I'm sure that it can be a possibility for any future games in the series, at least I'd like to hope that at the very least.

Years

There is literally a less than 1% of a female body even being in this thread because all females clearly know they suck at this game. Yeah, even I admit that I'm not as perfect as many were hoping I'd be.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019

Just helping out the boys here, also having my kitty wanting to be on my lap even when I try to shake him off 5 times in a row lol.

Years

I surrender because the females will never win. This section just caters too much towards men for some weird reason.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016

...Very interesting(?) message choice, Pokecommunity. Very interesting indeed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back