• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    -A darker, grittier... <SNIP!>

Although I wouldn't mind a slightly more complex and original plot, we should all remember that Pokemon is a children's franchise first and foremost, and there is a limit to how "dark and gritty" we can go. Also remember that dark and gritty does not always equal a better game.

Also, we have had elements of a dark storyline - Cyrus was the insane villain you talked about in your post, wanting to create a new universe with him as God because he honestly thought he could do a better job.

-Have more variety for the gym leaders. I don't mind having mono-type gyms like we've had for the last 4 generations, just don't let them have two/three of the same Pokemon/Pokemon that are in the same evolutionary line. I mean, there are lots of different Pokemon with different type combinations - for example, in terms of grass Pokemon, there's Grass/Poison combos, Grass/Dark, Grass/Water... yet alot of gym leaders have just plain old "Grass" Pokemon. Spice things up a bit!

Agreed. In fact, I think that a few gym leaders/Elite Four members should have teams along a different theme to plain old types. Like one of the Elite Four could focus on "beautiful" Pokemon - Jynx, Roserade, Milotic, Lopunny, Gardevoir, and one could focus on Ancient Pokemon - Venasaur, Mamoswine, Aerodactyl, etc.

-After the Elite Four, let us beat the Elite Four of the previous regions. Or maybe, let's say, if you beat the first region, then beat a previous region in general ala G/S/C (Sinnoh or Hoenn are most likely), you can go to the remaining region's Elite Fours. How does that sound?

I wouldn't mind a past region ala GSC, but going to every Elite Four sounds a bit like overkill.

-The "skill spot" (reserve HMs for two extra move slots which can't be used in battle) is a good idea.

I'd prefer Key Items to replace HMs, skill slots would still limit which Pokemon you could have in your line-up.

-Customised trainer clothes and stuff, please. Also, perhaps as rewards for beating the Elite Four, you could unlock previous trainers' (like Red, Gold, Ruby, etc.) clothes, and maybe even Mario's or Link's clothes (would help Nintendo promote any Mario or Zelda game out within that time).
    -If you're gonna have the "normal/flying/bug" thing they do in terms of Pokemon you catch in the early routes in the beginning of the game, why not expand on that? Like you can catch a number of normal/flying/bug type Pokemon near the beginning of the game, so 1st gen fans could catch a Rattata/Pidgey/Caterpie for preference, and 3rd gen fans could catch Zigzagoone/Tailow/Wurmple for preference.

Agreed. The good thing about GSC was that you had the option of Rattata, Sentrent, Hoothoot, Pidgey, Spearow, Spinarak, Ledyba, Caterpie/Weedle - while in RSE you had the option of Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Taillow and Wurmple. (Though kudos one throwing in an early Dark-type)

ZephyrWind said:
    It was actually a typo, actually meant to say that there are waaayy too many physical based dragons

Actually, Lugia happens tobe a pure flying type tha's a legendary.

Actually, Lugia is Psychic/Flying. Though he really should be Water/Flying

A little unfair, but i guess that's the way it is...

I guess it's kinda like the Grass-type, which covers all plants, not just grass. And most metals have similar properties, so it makes sense to lump them all together. "Grass-type" and "Steel-type" just sound better than "Plant-type" and "Metal-type".

True, so i think that Nintendo should prune down Deoxys a bit.

Ubers are Uber for a reason.

Yeh i guess. Te strongest ghost and Drk ae both... what? 80 power?

And I think even then the most powerful Ghost move is exlusive to Giratina.

*Does Bulbapedia research*

The most powerful Ghost move is Shadow Force, exclusive to Giratina like I thought, but its power is 120 - the second most powerful Ghost move is Shadow Ball, available to most Ghost-types. As for Dark-types, their msot powerful moves full stop are Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse and Crunch, all at base power 80.

Also, I liked Garchomp. It's a dragon, crossed with a shark, crossed with a dinosaur, crossed with a jumbo jet! What's not to like?

CalumAJ99

Objection overruled.
    Years
  • Although I wouldn't mind a slightly more complex and original plot, we should all remember that Pokemon is a children's franchise first and foremost, and there is a limit to how "dark and gritty" we can go. Also remember that dark and gritty does not always equal a better game.
    I'm aware. I don't mean everything has to be overly dark and gritty and it should be an adult story line, I'd just like a few more towns/city to be more... run down, with a creepy atmosphere, ala Pyrite Town and The Deep in Colosseum/XD.

Also, we have had elements of a dark storyline - Cyrus was the insane villain you talked about in your post, wanting to create a new universe with him as God because he honestly thought he could do a better job.
    Cyrus was a step in the right direction, and I had him in mind when I was typing what I felt the next villain should be (speaking of which, when I said he'd be a mass murderer, they shouldn't out-right say it, he could just say "Oh, certain people had to be 'erased'... and I don't mind getting my hands dirty". There, it's said he's killed several people without saying he's killed several people). I mean, Cyrus' goal was to become GOD. That's pretty deep for a kids' game. The only problems I had with him were his organisation had a stupid name and stupid outfits.

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'm aware. I don't mean everything has to be overly dark and gritty and it should be an adult story line, I'd just like a few more towns/city to be more... run down, with a creepy atmosphere, ala Pyrite Town and The Deep in Colosseum/XD.

I haven't played Colluseum, so I couldn't possibly comment.

Cyrus was a step in the right direction, and I had him in mind when I was typing what I felt the next villain should be (speaking of which, when I said he'd be a mass murderer, they shouldn't out-right say it, he could just say "Oh, certain people had to be 'erased'... and I don't mind getting my hands dirty". There, it's said he's killed several people without saying he's killed several people). I mean, Cyrus' goal was to become GOD. That's pretty deep for a kids' game. The only problems I had with him were his organisation had a stupid name and stupid outfits.

Agreed, Cyrus was a great main villain but were a little let down by Team Galactic in general - the game would have been better off without another "Team X" - Cyrus could have had a private army or something instead of a load of Grunts.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i will agree that cyrus is the main reason i don't completely hate the games- his goals were so- adult- he was a great villain, and i hope they keep him in mind for the next game

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
  • Oooo I like the idea of "Dark, Psychic, Fighting."
    It's starting to get boring to always get "Fire, Grass, Water." But I understand why.
    Fire, Grass and Water are like elements. They're more easier to fight with than the non-elemantal, Dark Psychic Fighting.

I hope you know what I mean.n_n

Charmageddon

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Also Dark/Psychic/Fighting DOES NOT WORK as a type triangle! When will people get this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I would not like that as a triangle anyway . I like the standard ones all other are just extensions that dont work.
    btw grass pokemon are actually called plant pokemopn in german, and Steel pokemon are called metall pokemon at least in the TCG.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    i want an item that extents trick room to 8 turns :3
    also, a pinsor evolution that would still be pure bug, pure destruction

moruseabolbugpokeeeemens plz

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • As far as evolutions go... Farfetch'd really needs one. I practically forgot about this one.

Also, what part of Japan do you think they can model the 5th gen after?
    Okinawa and its surrounding islands seems ideal, and a huge contrast to that of Shinnoh/Hokkaido.

Last edited:

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
    Years
  • I would really like a pokemon laptop (poketop) and a pokemon internet. Also, a pre-evolution for miltank would be cool.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I'd like to see:

- Each and every legendary getting a plot attached to it. It's no longer the Game Boy, plots are needed. And I mean more than Cressalia's plot (it doesn't even really talk about it and it's only like five seconds long) or Giratina's in DP.
    - Babies to get retconned rather than this 'insence' stuff.
    - A Kanghaskan baby.

As for the region, northern Chuba would be good, so we can see what's above Kanto and Johto and we'd get another mainland game. As opposed to Okinawa (which was partly represented in Hoenn), which would really just be another Hoenn (a.k.a. water everywhere).

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Well, they avoided full 3D graphics on a 64-bit console, (while still improving on the graphics,) by making it 2.5D-ish, so they might make it a little more than that, I don't know.

...'Course, it looks like they might be getting into full 3D. (Making a Wii game & looking to hire a 3D graphic artist.)

-PM260

Years
  • first of all the fourth generation lost track of what pokemon are (few exceptions) second a 5th generation should be lure those kids uninterested and should be really good pokemon, i mean look at the first 251 they were all drawn by ken sugimori, and i think the fifth generation should also be drawn by him it would make the pokemon not look like jokes. and third a place that could connect to hoenn would also be great although hoenn is an island but a bridge (yes a bridge or a ferry would be great)

Pokepapi

Some guy :]
    Years
  • There should be a Freeze-move. Freeze is just as cheap as Sleep, so I think it's perfectly valid to make one.
    Also, they should make Parasite Pokemon. Like Fleas, Ticks, Mosquitos, stuff like that. And a Squid Pokemon would be nice. A Giant Squid Pokemon. =3

There already is one lol Tentacool and tentacruel

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Here are a few things that I would like to see in the next generation:

- A huger amount of new Pokémon. Honestly, I got extremely disappointed with the amount of Pokémon that they have created to go with Sinnoh - 106 Pokémon only? Bah. They had created about 134 new Pokés to go with Hoenn, and then they magically come with only 106 species for Sinnoh... that's just... eh.
    - A huger VARIETY of Pokémon. Sinnoh didn't feature much variety, as there is an extremely noticeable lack of Pokémon of certain types in such region (come on, fire-type Pokémon were pretty much the RAREST thing in Diamond/Pearl... if you really wanted to have a fire-type Poké in your team before beating the Pokémon League, you would rather go for picking Chimchar as your initial OR capturing a Ponyta/Rapidash... good thing that Game Freak noticed their mistake before launching Platinum, and thus they ended up scattering more fire-type Pokémon around Sinnoh to be caught before beating the Pokémon League, but still.).
    - As previously mentioned, I would like to see a dark-type gym leader. If I recall correctly, all the other types besides the dark-type have had gyms. Although there have been created two elite four members whose speciality is dark-type Pokémon so far, I would like to see a gym leader that specializes in dark-type Pokés this time.
    - I know this sounds like it would be hard to implement, but a system to customize your Pokémon trainer would be the bomb.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Oh wow well firstly please dont overrun the game with water types...we need MUCH more type variation. Give fires some love! Steel and Dark representation as well.

Make Ninetales part ghost hehe :P

Hmmm alot more dual types! I love mixing types together :P some of my pokemon likes are just for the interesting types.

Give pokemon proper evolutions and don't release them stand alone with no way of being a good pokemon (Pachirisu, Dunsparce)

Give alot of the weak pokemon that don't evolve more evolutions!

and as always, more eveelutions!!! : D

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • I really hope that they come out with a dolphin Pokemon. I've been waiting on that one for a long time now. They already have fish, crabs, sea horses, a shark, a whale, sting rays, and other marine life, but why no dolphins? Dolphins are probably among the most loved sea creatures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back