• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
Years
  • There really needs to be a Light-Type, and maybe (although improbably) a Space-Type. Also, some more original Legendaries. My friends and I have created a Legendary Trio based on the Three Fates, with the spider-themed one as the spinner, the scorpion-themed one as the weaver, and the mantis-themed one as the slicer. Also, there should NOT be a badass protagonist, like Wes from Colosseum. Those kinds of characters are just trying too hard to be cool... Besides, its tradition that the main characters look really dorky with obnoxiously-colored clothes.

The Red Chain

I wouldn't mind a change in tradition honestly.
    It would be nice to have two main characters for once that aren't 10 years old and have an appearance to match it.
    At least make them 14 or less dorky looking. x.x;

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • They should be badass in the Red kind of way, I mean. In Colosseum, it didn't really feel natural playing as such- an over-the-top character. I'm not saying we can't have them, Wes WAS definitely awesome, I'm just saying they shouldn't be the protagonists. Maybe you could be able to design your character.

The Red Chain

Maybe you could be able to design your character.
    Now THAT would be something.
    Though PBR kinda fails, I like that little feature it has.
    I would enjoy seeing something like that in the near future for Pokemon, and I'm sure a lot of other fans would too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.I'd dress up as Arceus, so i could do whatever i wanted and get away with it

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • It would be great if once you have defeated that reigon eliete four and everything then you should move to kanto, then johto, then heonn then sinnoh! That would be awesome!

The Red Chain

It's already been in every generation so far..
    I would be so pissed if they put it in generation 5 too. ]<

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    i could dig the idea of two items being held at once :) two type arceus anyone? although u can expect dark/ghost to be spammed like cray

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    What I want from new generation:
    Child form and evolution of Farfetch'd. Also I want child form of Torous and Miltank. I think they should have the same child form
    Some good BUG pokemon. Couse all this Butterfrees and Mothims are too weak by there starts. I want more bugs like Pinsir, Scyther, Shuckle.
    I want bug starter! For example fire/bug pokemon or a water/bug. Ok Grass/bug is ok too(lets close eyes on the paras problems)
    More snake pokemons! Maybe the evolution of Seviper
    NIDOQUEEN SHOULD CHANGE EGG GROUP! That stupid, that female Nidoran can have childrens, but her evolve forms - can't
    And I agreed that some pokemon should change there types. Pokemons like Charizard, Feraligator, Meganium, Ninetails
    I want more freedom in the game. I want to make some decisions at least in optional quests! I don't talking about ability to join evil team, but in some places there are should be different way to solve a problem
    It could be funny but I want to be able redress my characters. At least has 3-4 costumes that I can change by myself.
    I want to let my pokemons walk with me. Not how it is in HGSS(the first in the party), but the pokemon that I choose
    Do something whis magicarps. It's too easy to have gyarados))

What I don't want from the next generation
    Fire\fighting starter: We already have two! In neighbourhood generation! I think two is too much
    More legends: Well 3-5 legendary pokemons are ok, but not so many as in the 4 generation! almost a half of generation - is evolutions and legends! It's too much!
    No more friendly rivals! I want someone like Silver - cynical enemy, that so piss of the character, that you will really want to overcome him... or maybe her?

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Fire\fighting starter: We already have two! In neighbourhood generation! I think two is too much
    More legends: Well 3-5 legendary pokemons are ok, but not so many as in the 4 generation! almost a half of generation - is evolutions and legends! It's too much!
    No more friendly rivals! I want someone like Silver - cynical enemy, that so piss of the character, that you will really want to overcome him... or maybe her?

I think its time to go back to the pure grass, water, and fire starters (like the 2nd gen. starters) Im sick and tired of seeing the dual type starters. And I agree on the not-friendly rival idea. Too many of them! May/Brendan (ruby, sapphire) wasnt too challenging. Pearl was hooked on flintstone vitamins a little too much. Those 2 main legendaries is a tradition and I would like to keep it that way, and the legendary trio I would like to keep that concept as well, and also each legendary should have their own special battle theme (like they did with HG/SS). And yes that one legendary that you have to go to an event for and maybe unlock a special story in the game. It just makes it more valuable. (deoxys, arceus)

Please no more eevee evolutions! Dont get me wrong I love the eevee family, but its time for the original start approach. (like the 1st and 3rd gen pokemon). Im all for the more bug pokemon, but not like the weak and overused ones (like beautifly, beedrill) we need some beefed up bugs like Scizor and Vispaqueen. I wouldnt mind another bug pokemon gym, lol gives me more reason to pick the grass starter (over-leveling for the win!) Customizing your own trainer, well Im on the fence about it. I dont know why but for some reason I have a feeling that the feature of custom trainer might take away from the main story. Yeah I know its a crazy thought but thats my only concern about. Otherwise I think that it would be a great idea for that feature be in the game. New trainer classes please! I would like to see a female cop for once. xDD

I think that they should keep the contests and pokeatholon. But not the contests that was in DPPt, those were too complicated and move sets really didnt matter in those contests, I mean the ones that was in RSE. It took a lot of experience to get the perfect move sets right, and it was more enjoyable to participate in the contests. Double gym leader battle, tate and liza demonstrated that perfectly. It was challenging and it was fun. I want to see a couple gym leader in the 5th gen. (besides the remakes of hoenn). More detail of nature pleaseeeeeeeee. I loved how they put the snow feature in gen. IV, but put the desert somewhere that is actualy meant to have a desert, the one in the battle frontier didnt make no sense at all. Eyecatchers were fun to look at in FR/LG and HG/SS, I want more please :] escially for routes and cities. Returning characters from the original games, just for that nostalgic feeling. Red for example, should be unlockable in the 5th generation. I also would want them to put in Green and Blue, and possibly Yellow (even though she wasnt in the games) Maybe battle all 3 of them to unlock Red. Now that would be something. Dive needs to be brought back, but maybe not as a HM, though I didnt mind it as an HM. (that move was perfect for beauty contests) Cut needs to do more than just cut down trees. Like in all the other generations besides IV, cut was able to cut down grass, and doors if you played FR/LG. VS seeker needs to return. I dont want to have people call me and tell me that they're ready to battle. I want to battle them on the spot.

The evil team, hmm. Well they should be good criminals like team rocket was, have nice outfits like team magma/aqua did, and have a crazy leader and goal like team galatic did. Haha all 4 evil teams in one that sounds good :D

I hope that the gyms will special in these types
    dark (its overdue, even though karen was a dark user in the E4)
    bug (bugsy is just isnt enough)
    fire (sooo much fun to take down)
    normal (a challenge, maybe save it for the 8th gym?)
    dragon (another challenge, 7th gym?)
    psychic (meh...)
    poision (just stock up on full restores)
    If they do Introduce a new type (light, virus, ???) I want it to be this gym, if not then this gym could be steel. Or for a first, a gym that uses various types of pokemon. That would be intresting to see.

God forbbid that they put in a rock/ground gym in the 5th gen. Espically for the 1st gym. Ice and Water gyms are overused, which gives me more reason to think that its time for a new type.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    PBR kinda fails, I like that little feature it has.
    Loads of people LOVE PBR I havent got it (ive played it) and it was a great game... its realy just designed for 3D wi-fi battling... so its achived its goal!

I WANT A LEPRACON POKEMON!!! and in its sprite its holding a pot of gold XDXD oh!oh! it would have a move called...uh... rainbow! (i dunno XD)

Last edited:

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    SuperShuckle's gen IV wishlist...
    -An evolution for Shuckle: Shuckle feels like he's been punished for his through the roof defense. Not a single one of his other stats are even decent. So my idea is to evolve him into something bigger, thus giving him more HP. If you feel the need, cut his base speed stat even further, though there's not much there to cut in the first place. Give it good typing, (bug/steel anyone?) a nice design and it's a deal.
    -Ruby/Sapphire remakes: I know this is REALLY unlikely due to Pal Parking, but I'd like to have Hoenn with the newer pokemon, mostly so I can play through the region with Chatot and that Shuckle evo. Radiant Ruby and Sparkling Sapphire?
    -Continuation of Pal-Parking: Pal Park was a great idea, now, keep it. Maybe if the next console still uses DS carts we could insert our Diamonds or Pearls and save a copy of the pokemon onto the system, then put the gen 5 game in and download it to the cart? I dunno, but I really hate leaving my pokemon behind when I go to a new region.
    -Character customization: Self explanatory.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I wish it'd include EVERY SINGLE region.
    And every town.Very detailed =P
    And Tropius & Girafirig Pre-Evos would nice because most ppl don't like those 2,
    Plus,A New eeveelution!

pokefangunner

PokeGleek
    Years
  • Having one of your Pokemon follow you outside of their Poke Ball woudl be great!

And the reason they haven't made a game where you can visit all regions is because there's only so much memory you can fit on one little DS game. I completely agree with Trainer Customization, it would make things much more personal-feeling, I think.

There are a whole bunch of things I would change about the games, really. And I would actually rather they not make a 5th generation of new Pokemon (new evolutions would be great, though). I want to see a remake of G/S/C, please. I think we need a remake, seeing as Kanto has been already.

And, maybe (I'm about to be an Eevee fangirl), new evoltuions for Eevee? *Is slapped* I mean, c'mon, how cool would an Eevee with wings be? I'll shut up now xD

Your Pokemon follow you in heartgold and soulsilver.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years

• That post was posted in october... 2008. Note the fact that was a long time before Heartgold was annonced.

I believe he was referring the fact that it has already been done in HGSS, so adding it in a 5th gen wouldn't be something completely new.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back