• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I seriously hope they get some cooler Pokemon this time... look at Bulbasaur, there is NO real world animal that he looks like...

but then look at Piplup, he's just a blue penguin...

Years
    I don't like the hat from the shown so far screenies. Well, technically its the hair, but...

I seriously hope they get some cooler Pokemon this time... look at Bulbasaur, there is NO real world animal that he looks like...

but then look at Piplup, he's just a blue penguin...

Toad + lily pad, more for Venusaur

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    i JUST thought of this randomly, but i think it would pwn if there was a halloween-like town/route with pumpkin pokemon in it- they owuld be grass/ghost and they would kick it

I think just yearly event would suffice. Like that would be one hella aweomse town/route but what about the other holidays? And a holiday based game is most likely a BAD idea. But if little Christmas tree and the Jewish Candal and spinning top thing (sorry I don't know the names) in December and etc. Lets get a yearly event!!

And I'm pretty convinced that Dunsparce will get an evolution now. I mean everywhere I go around the internet the consensus is that Dunsparce=evolution.

Also pokemon being based on animals is the point. Well not the entire point, but it stems from Bug cathing in real life, collecting. Pokemon just lets you catch all the cute fluffy animals you see everywhere, the awesome butt kicking ones and mythical creatures that the human imagination knows so well. It's a balance.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    We don't need any more evolutions for old Pokemon. Maybe a couple for those who don't have any, but only a COUPLE. We need to focus on new Pokemon, and originality, not frick it up like Gen IV.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    you mean Exeggutor right, I aready like it, I would love it if it could evolve into an uber strong Psychic type,I mean it has a stat total of 520, the same of flygon.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    We don't need any more evolutions for old Pokemon. Maybe a couple for those who don't have any, but only a COUPLE. We need to focus on new Pokemon, and originality, not frick it up like Gen IV.

So true. There was WAY too many pre-evolutions/evolutions of already existing Pokemon. I've heard a quote from Ken Sugimori and Satoshi Tagiri more then 2 times, stating "We have thousands of Pokemon Concepts". Well, then use them! Honestly, some of the evos and pre-evos were needed and are interesting, but they over did it a lot in IV.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

If anything 4th generation was alot more original than any other generation as a whole. Basically people judge it on Pokemon #399-402, 423, and 462-467. And the latter are definately original barring Lickilicky.

I hope that Generation 5 brings us more original Pokemon like Generation 4 and improves on the few others. Keeping the loveable simple ones, which is really what the first couple of generations have more of.

Years
    Seriously guys, it's pre/new evos that make us remember the good old days of Charizard and Dragonite.

I would love a Grass Quick Attack, or Steel.

Also: Dragon Fang. 30% chance of Flinching or Confusion.

Years
    So true. There was WAY too many pre-evolutions/evolutions of already existing Pokemon. I've heard a quote from Ken Sugimori and Satoshi Tagiri more then 2 times, stating "We have thousands of Pokemon Concepts". Well, then use them! Honestly, some of the evos and pre-evos were needed and are interesting, but they over did it a lot in IV.
    [FONT=&quot]I also agree, we didn't need chingling, we needed a chimecho evo:disappoin [/FONT]

Years
    I can't wait until generation 8 when people are asking for more pokemon like generation 4 cause generation 7 had "unoriginal" pokemon.
    lol, we would be in our 30's or 40's by then...I like the gen 4 pokemon too how are they bad, I mean I loved Electivile, Rhyperior, ect. and I bet alot more people did too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back