• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    We have not had fox based Pokemon since Generation 1, those being our beloved firefoxes Vulpix and Ninetales. I hate to admit, but Zoroark looks kinda like Ganondorf around the head, though his pre-evo is pretty damn cute.....

I like the design, I like that they're evil foxes (anybody familiar with Japanese mythology know if there's any specific myths they're based on?)

We already have a kitsune Pokemon, her name is Ninetales, but there are actually many mythological foxes in Japan (the Kitsune is the most well known), for example, there is a creature called the Kudagitsune, which is a fox (if you ever seen Kudamon form Digimon Savers, that's what he is based on), I'm sure there are others too....

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey guys, let's not get overboard here...let's wait till late 2010, okay? I won't be having any pure dark type on my team. Only Absol/Mightyena has that right. I wanna see what this Zoroark can do...

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    At first looks it seems like a Dark/Fire type to me, that would have been a more interesting typing. Well, it doesn't appeal to me an awful lot, not to the extent that I would capture one for reasons other than 'Dexing, but I can imagine it'll have a fanbase nonetheless.

But let's face it, it does seem to me leeching off of Lucario's popularity, with the added "evil" twist. Kinda like how Plusle and Minum are just Pikachus that work in sync. The prevolution looks ridiculously familiar as well.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    What is this huge similarity between Lucario and Zoroark that everyone keeps talking about? I... just don't see it.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I like these new Pokémon (what's were the names...) Zorua and Zoroark.
    Just as I saw them in Serebii after my school I already knew these were the real ones. (It wasn't confirmed back then) It just seems like real Pokémon and Sugimori's artwork.
    Now I'm waiting for more Pokémon to show up.

EDIT:
    Myles: For myself it's their silhouette and that they both appeared in their own movies before the generation came. And both have also pre-evolution.
    I myself also think they're somehow same kind, but definitely two different Pokémon.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    This took me all day but here we go, a clear picture of Zorua(done in flash)The Generation Five Speculation Thread Sorry for the spots with no colour, you can't save in png in flash so it had to be copied over to photoshop and that screwed it up a bit

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I like it :D
    Also, I told you that it wasn't a Mightyena evo, and guess what I did, found the Gen5 game names.

https://pokemonopal.com and https://pokemonamethyst.com

They both redirect to Nintendo.com, and the whois shows they are owned by Nintendo.
    Think it's fake? Possible, but improbable.

hey, i remember www.pokemonopal.com was discovered long ago in the pokemon forums so i guess its a bit outdated to be the name of the new pokemon game, as well, www.pokemonwhitegold.com is owned by nintendo but the pokemon gold remake ended up wirth the name HeartGold and not WhiteGold, so if nintendo owns a certain domain, its not nessesary that a game should be named the same as well.

Years
    hey, i remember www.pokemonopal.com was discovered long ago in the pokemon forums so i guess its a bit outdated to be the name of the new pokemon game, as well, www.pokemonwhitegold.com is owned by nintendo but the pokemon gold remake ended up wirth the name HeartGold and not WhiteGold, so if nintendo owns a certain domain, its not nessesary that a game should be named the same as well.

Wow, did not know that. I thought i actually found something D:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Wow, did not know that. I thought i actually found something D:

sorry didnt mean to get ur hopes down :), anyway nintendo could own the domain i remember ruby and sapphire being first discovered in this way, but i guess a domain nintendo owns shouldnt nessecarily lead to nintendo.com, otherwise it would be easy to find out the names XD, although all current existing pokemon games do lead either to the pokemon site or the nintendo site.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Also, I told you that it wasn't a Mightyena evo, and guess what I did, found the Gen5 game names.

They both redirect to Nintendo.com, and the whois shows they are owned by Nintendo.

Yeah, Nintendo buys out a lot of possible pokemon game name domains so that they can use them later if they want. Doesn't necessarily mean those will be they names, but they might.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    D: omgg, I think I have a new favorite Pokemon. xD

The awesomeness of those two, makes me think there's some hope for the new generation. >w>
    Here's to hoping that's not the best one they came up with, and that the rest aren't creepy looking.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    SRSLY?
    They look like disgusting rodents that emerged from the deepest pits of Hell.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014

You know. there were also pokemondusksilver.com and pokemondawngold.com but those were latter caled heartgold and soulsilver.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    bu...but thats what we like about 'em XD
    :(

I had higher hopes for humanity.
    But I guess that explains how people are attracted to the likes of Charizard and mew.

They look much better without that pose.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I think it looks kinda cool, not too far off from what I imagined it looking like.

The only thing that bothers me though is the red markings on Zoroark's face :| Zorua's head tuff/scruff(or whatever it's technically called) doesn't look like it should even be there either.

Kinda disappointed it didn't end up being a fire type though (or another dark/fire would be cool too), but then again we do need more dark types anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back