• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    The Sevii Islands are based on the Izu Islands south of Tokyo; they're not Okinawa.

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

^Those islands.

I want to see China actually... I wonder how Shanghai and Hong Kong will appear in a Pokemon game... that'd be cool. :) The jungle in Brazil would be interesting too!

If they're going for 1000+ pokemon, they'd definitely have to expand out of Japan. I hope they don't goto some lame place like Taiwan or South Korea .... :< Although those are likely thanks to their proximity to Japan.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure. I think they could add wind as a weather effect. Whether it does anything or not doesn't really matter to me. But say X pokemon (weather pokemon? :P) is angry and all of sudden it's crazy windy everywhere. And yes, I'll fully admit that Emerald was by far my favourite plot out of all pokemon games.

I'm happy with 2.5D for now, it worked well enough for DPPt.

I'm also hoping for customizable characters. As far as legendaries go, I'm happy with 6-8 so RSE doesn't bug me but DPPt had too many. I don't think there was really anything wrong with the legendaries in DPPt just that they should of saved some (like Heatran) for another game.

Nintengod

Elite Battler &amp; Contest Master
    Years
    Okay thanks, I wasn't sure. I think they could add wind as a weather effect. Whether it does anything or not doesn't really matter to me. But say X pokemon (weather pokemon? :P) is angry and all of sudden it's crazy windy everywhere. And yes, I'll fully admit that Emerald was by far my favourite plot out of all pokemon games.

I'm happy with 2.5D for now, it worked well enough for DPPt.

I'm also hoping for customizable characters. As far as legendaries go, I'm happy with 6-8 so RSE doesn't bug me but DPPt had too many. I don't think there was really anything wrong with the legendaries in DPPt just that they should of saved some (like Heatran) for another game.

Seriously though, most legends in d/p/pt aren't even legendary. In movie 11 it is revealed that there are tons of shaymin. It's a common pokemon in flower areas...

There's also several darkrai(2 at least)/cresselia(2 at least)/phione(tons)/heatran(many, 10?)/regigigas(2 at least), so they're not one of a kind either.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    In the anime there are multiple Mew, birds, Lugia, etc. too. I think Mewtwo is the only confirmed one-of-a-kind in the anime.

In Japan they're classed into three seperate categories, legendaries, myths and... I can't remember the other. But anyway the point still stands: they're not legendary, they're mythic. Us English folk just seem to like to group them all together and come up with some definition of what a legendary is.

Personally, in Gen V, I'd like to see a reasonable amount more legendary/mythic/etc. Pokemon. For sidequests, otherwise you're not left with much to do.

Years
    ^Isn't it Mirage?

Seriously though, most legends in d/p/pt aren't even legendary. In movie 11 it is revealed that there are tons of shaymin. It's a common pokemon in flower areas...

There's also several darkrai(2 at least)/cresselia(2 at least)/phione(tons)/heatran(many, 10?)/regigigas(2 at least), so they're not one of a kind either.
    How does Legendary=One of a Kind? Legendary just means that the Pokemon has many powerful legends associated with it.

Legendaries aren't even suppose to be one of a kind. Most are just as rare as Salamence and Dragontie. The only one of kind ones are Mewtwo, the Dragon Trio and Arceus. It can still be argued that those Pokemon aren't one of a kind.

Personally, in Gen V, I'd like to see a reasonable amount more legendary/mythic/etc. Pokemon. For sidequests, otherwise you're not left with much to do.
    You don't need legends for side-quests. I've always wanted some anime-esque side-quests myself.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years

I guess what the posters above me have said. The movies suggest there are two Mews and what not. I try and keep the anime and games sepperate anyways. Shaymin I agree with you for sure though, it's one of the few legendaries, and pokemon for that matter, that I think weren't really needed. =/

Either way though I don't think the concept were that bad. Like a Guardian of the Mountain Pokemon (Heatran) wasn't a bad idea at all. It's just we already climbed Mt. Coronet to find Palkia/Dialga/Giratina, we didn't want to climb another one. If Heatran was in Hoenn it wouldn't of been as bad.

I would have put Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Cresselia and Arceus. Save the others for another game. Regigigas could replace Darkrai and Cresselia.

5-8 is an ideal number for me in legendaries as long as they make sense and vary. It gives room for 3 "beings" (Birds, Dogs, Regi's, Elves) 3 Cover Pokemon (Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza. Though 3 aren't needed) and 2 or 3 side quest/money grab pokemon. (I don't condone the events cause they annoy the crap out of me living in Canada but whatever. =/) Preferably 2 but if 3 makes sense than I'm all for it, anything more is a little overkill though.

^ True you don't need legends for sidequest but I kind of enjoy them. :P You're right though and if the sidequest is awesome and doesn't need a legend I'm all for it!!

Years
    No they were not, im sure of it! The Gameboy colour and gameboy are two different consoles. Gold and silver were made for the gameboy colour, the sprites, features etc would not work for the gameboy :\ Its like saying platinum can work on a gba :\ The carts are different as well!

You need to get your facts straight man.

On topic,they should make a bigfoot pokemon.

Years
    That would be pretty interesting if the made pokemon of bigfoot and other un-proven creatures.

JACKALOPE!!! Japanese dust balls! Pikablu!

Vulpix baby with one tail and that Kangaskhan baby should be stand alones.

And Gold/Silver were not Game Boy Color. They were color, yes. Buta GB Pocket/Original could still play them. As could a Super Game Boy for SNES.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Bigfoot? They've already done Yeti (Abomasnow), aren't those basicly the same thing? Except for Bigfoot being American and Yeti Asian? Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

I'd hate if the main series went full 3D. It just wouldn't be the same.
    And to the one who talked about the anime proving blah blah blah about legendaries... The anime showed a mother Lugia. The anime showed Red and his friends. You can't quote the anime when it comes to the games. You just can't.

Years
    Pfft, please, all of you listen to this.

What we need:

MOAR CREATIVE POKEMON

MOAR DARK/FIRE/BUG/DRAGON-TYPES

MOAR COMPETITIVE BUG POKEMON

MOAR LOCATIONS

MOAR INTERESTING STORYLINE

A FIRE/DRAGON

NO MOAR HMS

HARDER CHALLENGE IN TEH GAME

CHANGE TEH CLOTHING

Does that clear up what we want? But, since Tajiri-sensei has probably made the Pokemon (or at least half, he plans ahead of time) already, which means GF only needs to make the games. I'm not saying we should petition or spam this message to them, but sort of tell them what we want, or give them some ideas....if they make a worser game, then I'll give up on Pokemon games.

Also, we need a Legendary that is actually evil. I'm really tired of this kiddy stuff. And a villain as well.

I know Pokemon was made for kids, but come on, even the kids want true villains like Cyrus. No, Cyrus was a crackpot, I mean someone who is actually evil, does not have mental/emotional problems, just. plain. evil. Okay?

I'll put up more later, I have to go get Soul Silver. Ciao~

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Erm Inferno Tsunami, since you want a harder challenge, won't HMs be helpful making the game tougher?
    Here is my want list btw: I want a Steel/Ghost with Levitate, one weakness in Fire is cool. Not to forget a fast Water/Ground, so it can sweep the Grass types with Ice Beam before they strike with their STAB. Swampert, Quagsire and Gastrodon all are terribly slow. Also I want a Bug/Dragon evo of Yanmega. A Water/Dragon Gyarados evo would not be bad as well (probably will be uber though). A Psychic/Bug is another thing I'd like.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'd like to see two new weather conditions - Wind and Night-time. Wind would increase the power of Flying-type moves, Night-time would increase the power of Dark and Ghost moves and decrease the power of Grass-type moves.

One the subject of weather conditions - can we please get rid of the "It is still raining" messages? It can't be that hard to make the raining animation stay on screen permanently until the rain stops, right? Then we have a little message saying "The rain stopped". Then it's still very clear to see when weather effects are active, but it doesn't slow the battle down on every single turn.

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012

If they ever do this to the main Pokemon games I will leave the franchise (Like that matters >.>). I've always wanted MD to go real-time, but the main games should remain turn-based IMO.

To be honnest, I'd hate it if they turned real-time as well. I only posted this idea as it would truly change the game, something they said they will do. Customization of the character sounds really nice as well, but I don't think they'll do that in one step. The step inbetween would be giving us more default characters to choose from, like two males and two females, with the other three baing used in the game as rivals.

I'd really want bigger regions, Shinnoh is a great start, but I want there to be more towns, more diverse routes, give us our rain forrest, desertss, rocky mountains, ice plains, grassy meadows, swamps, savannah and whatever. (I know, Shinnoh had allmost all these things, I'm just hoping that they will return in the next game)

We really need more fire types, especially some fast ones. The only fast fire types we've seen in the last two generations were the starters. I don't see why they always make them this slow, a wild, uncontroled fire can spread really fast.

Esmas

General
    Years
    I agree with everything you've said there, インフェルノの津波, but I'd still like it for Nintendo to include HMs in their games. I never had a problem with them, and they've included them in all of their main series. Why would they remove something after four generations of using it?

Yeah, I'd really like to see new Dark-types, Fire-types, Bug-types and Dragon-types. The 4th Generation sort of missed those guys, who are like the best imo.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Some real good brainstorming in this thread. Keep it up y'all.
    It's too bad the creators of Pokemon can't read this thread back in their offices in Japan.

I, personally, would like to see more creativity included in the legends. This, in my mind, makes them more like what they're supposed to be - deities, legends and ultimate Pokemon. Also, I would like to see a limit of five legendary Pokemon in the fifth generation - three being catchable in game and two being events.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back