• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My true-blue-wish is for a new Genration with only Babies and New Evolutions (where legendaries would be all related to previous Pokémon, having a Manaphy-Phione connection). "I have a dream..."

So, the new starter could be a common baby of these three Pokémon:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Tropius has low stats, I know. But three new evolutions for these Pokémon could give them equal stats. Perhaps, Lapras can be the final stage (Lapras' base stats and Swampert's are the same) and Torkoal and Tropius would only need a new evo to make them as strong as final starters. You would still have to choose for a Grass, Fire or Water starter, they would only have the same name. They gave a common baby to Hitmons, why not try it once again?

I'm a speculation freako! You don't like it? I feel sorry for you.
    The funny thing about this post is that Tropius, Torkoal, and Spheal were originally planned to be the starters/starter evolutions in RSE. :O

I too can't get enough of new evolutions. I hope we get a lot more, but I also hope we get some better designs.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I think there should be mostly new evolution lines in the next generation, but it would not hurt at all to have a lot more evolutions of old Pokemon. I think it would not feel different enough to have all the new Pokemon related to previous Pokemon, so for the majority of the game you would be playing with old Pokemon. That's one of the major criticisms of the Pokemon franchise, isn't it? All the games are basically the same gameplay and story, just with different areas and Pokemon. The more new stuff, the better.

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
  • Hmm...many speculations. I've only gone through six pages and got tired of reading the same responses, so I want to post my own.

As far as I've read, there seem to be a few main speculations for this new 5th Gen Pokemon: Lucario, Mightyena, Eevee. I am going to highlight these Pokemon in order of the least reasonable to most reasonable in my opinion: Eevee, Mightyena, Lucario.

EEVEE
    An Eeveelution is highly plausible seeing as new ones have been introduced in nearly every generation save for Gen. 3. This would mean that, since an Eeveelution hasn't been introduced in a Generation, one is overdue, hence a Gen. 5 Eeveelution. However, Eevee already has status in the games due to its very complex nature of evolving so its importance is pretty much set; creating an Eeveelution to star in a movie would simply increase the already-high status of a Pokemon which is actually not important. Yes, Dragon is the only Special Eeveelution left, but we may see that in the games, not the movie.

MIGHTYENA
    This seems as plausible as a Lucario/Riolu evo, though on a lesser degree. Mightyena is based on a hyena, but the Pokemon looks like a werewolf. So, it would make sense for it to be Lucario, correct? Unfortuantely, Lucario is in the same situation: it's a jackal, not a wolf. Anyway, lycanthropy affects all species, giving them characteristics of a wolf in the process. Lycanthropy in a hyena would give it rather intense canine appearances, which is what the Pokemon looks like. Also, Mightyena doesn't have much status, therefore giving it a lead role would be a sudden turn on the Pokemon community and be rather interesting and intriguing. Another thing to note is that in the movies, Pokemon from the same number-class generation (even, odd) have been featured in the same movie. In the DPPt Movies, we saw many Gen. 2 Pokemon, an even number like 4; in Manaphy and the Prince of the Sea, we saw many Gen. 1 Pokemon, an odd number like 3. Therefore, in Gen. 5, we would see many Gen. 1 or 3 Pokemon, such as Mightyena.

LUCARIO
    This seems the most plausible. Since Riolu evolves into Lucario during the day, what happens at night? Lycanthropy happens and, this time, it would affect a jackal. The form seems most plausible because there are many things highlighting to that fact: the paws, the tail, the slim torso. Another thing to note is the excess fur, which could hide the metal spikes portruding from the chest and hands. Also, Lucario also has status in Gen. 4 as an OU Pokemon, so an alternate evo could raise it to Uber status. Now you might be wondering "Didn't you say raising high status was bad?". Yes, it is, but only if you've had such status for 4 generations, like Eevee. Lucario has played a major role before, so it would seem like a likely candidate.

These are simply my observations. I purposefully did not include the notion of it being a completely new Pokemon because that's pretty damn obvious. If it were a new Pokemon, it would be related to Ash in a sense, somehow. Maybe. However, in my opinion, this new Pokemon is most likely to be a Riolu evo at night. Lucario is already connected to Ash because of their use of aura and Ash's resemblance to Sir Aaron. A dark Lucario? For me, highly plausible. :/

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Geez, go to school for day, come back to three new pages.

Well, I hope the starters keep the line of Grass-Water-Fire, with an alternate set later on of different types, like Waffle-San. I've thought of a list of the most I can possibly find. Some include grass, water, and fire though unofrtunately.

Dark-Fighting-Psychic
    Fighting-Rock-Flying
    Steel-Ice-Ground
    Ground-Water-Electric
    Poison-Grass-Ground
    Bug-Grass-Rock

Thats all I can dig up now, theres porbably more.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Mightyena is based on a hyena, but the Pokemon looks like a werewolf. So, it would make sense for it to be Lucario, correct? Unfortuantely, Lucario is in the same situation: it's a jackal, not a wolf. Anyway, lycanthropy affects all species, giving them characteristics of a wolf in the process. Lycanthropy in a hyena would give it rather intense canine appearances, which is what the Pokemon looks like.
    He's right, you know. The silhouette clearly shows this pokémon to be a werewolf, and the Pokémon franchise would never be crazy enough to stray so far from that design that it being related to a hyena/jackal would be feasible. That would be as crazy as, say, having a seagull evolve into a pelican, or a piranha evolve into a shark, or a fish evolve into an octopus, or some eggs evolve into a palm tree, or...

I didn't mean to sound that patronising. Sorry.

On a different note, if it is a "Riolu evolved at night", it would almost certainly require a new held item that will be introduced in Gen 5. The franchise seems stuck on continuity, which is why we have all this Incense for breeding (apparently to avoid people asking why they couldn't get Munchlax in Gen 2, and so forth) and all these hold items for new evolutions of old pokémon (same reason). They care about continuity more than sensibility (I mean, c'mon, Magmarizer? What is that even supposed to be?).

And don't be funny by pointing out Piloswine/Lickitung. Those are very much the exception.

Years
  • ...I think for the Gen 3 Remakes, the following titles should come:

VolcanicRuby & OceanSapphire
    EruptionRuby & TsunamiSapphire
    DryRuby & StormySapphire
    DesertRuby & RainySapphire
    LandRuby & SeaSapphire

Got anymore suggestions?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    On a different note, if it is a "Riolu evolved at night", it would almost certainly require a new held item that will be introduced in Gen 5. The franchise seems stuck on continuity, which is why we have all this Incense for breeding (apparently to avoid people asking why they couldn't get Munchlax in Gen 2, and so forth) and all these hold items for new evolutions of old pokémon (same reason). They care about continuity more than sensibility (I mean, c'mon, Magmarizer? What is that even supposed to be?).

If they really are taking the series as an "inventive rebirth", the item breeding/evolution requirements would be dropped. And if they do that, I can see that they would have licenses to change around some evolutionary requirements, and from that they could go as far as changing Pokemon designs and type combinations. Heck, I'm sure Pokemon fans would be pleased if they changed around a few types and designs for the item-induced breeding and evolution to halt.

Also, for the member above, how about LandRuby and SeaSapphire?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • About this, it isn't real. I thought that was obvious...

It doesn't matter how good your script is, you can't just create pixels out of nowhere. You can't change this
    into that.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • About this, it isn't real. I thought that was obvious...

It doesn't matter how good your script is, you can't just create pixels out of nowhere. You can't change this
    into that.

if youve noticed on the 4th pic the "z" pokemon picture is over the slide where it is kept, sorry this is hard to explain just look at the 4th pic and look it goes of the "slot"

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • To be honest, if by chance it's an Eeveelution, the most logical one, in my opinion would be Normal type. >_>

We know Eevee's DNA is messed up, so, what happens if they add a hateful evolution. (I.E. Have to get Frustration powered up, etc), the opposite of happiness evolutions.

Could be an evil Eevee evolution, still retaining the normal type.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • There's a rumour on Serebii that the silouhette has been revealed along with a pre-evo. Check it out. https://www.serebii.net/

Btw, another name for a R/S remake could be Terra Ruby and Aqua Sapphire.
    Whoa, that looks pretty cool, I wouldn't mind if it actually was like that~ Of course it can be fake, but it looks kinda convincing. The pre-evolution looks okay as well, and it seems to follow the new type of design that we had in 4th Gen.

I'm really excited about the 5th Gen, since there's always going to be at least a couple of great Pokemon, even if I wouldn't like most of them. This is also the first time for me to take part in the "new generation hype" since I wasn't on any Pokemon forums during the arrival of 2nd Gen and wasn't that much into Pokemon during the others. I can't wait to see what the new Generation has to offer!

EDIT: I just realized something: in that scan, the little pointy thing near the silhouette's waist is explained to be a point of a claw. Most people that have done fanart of the silhouette assumed (including me) it to be a part of some sort of fur at the waistline. To me, it makes it it even more believable that this photo is real. But I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If that scan is real, I hate the big one but the pre evo is perfection...

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • I'd definetly want to see more baby Pokémon like Pichu.

Though i wouldn't know what i would want for the 5th generation.
    Is it even confirmed?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • There's a rumour on Serebii that the silouhette has been revealed along with a pre-evo. Check it out. https://www.serebii.net/

Currently, I do not trust it, but it does look pretty good for a fake, in fact, it looks too good to be a fake, after all, a ot of artists I have seen have drawn fakemon pretty good, like as if they were official. Just look at fangames like Acanthite, or the hack Pokemon Torzach, don't you admit that the fakemon look almost official? We can only be sure on February 15th, when the next CoroCoro comes out.......

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023

Serebii.net said:
    These two pictures seen on the right have been posted in the Japanese image boards and they seem to be believing it also. If these scans are legitimate, it reveals the sihlouetted Pokémon and its apparent pre-evolution. With thanks to yaminokame for translations, we have the details posted in the scan.
    First, the pre-evolution Pokémon is called Zoroa (ゾロア) and is a Dark-type Pokémon. Its classification is Evil Fox Pokémon, it is 0.7m tall and 12.5kg
    Secondly, the Pokémon in the sihlouette is said to be called Zoroaaku (ゾロアーク)and is also a Dark-type Pokémon. Its classification is Monster Fox Pokémon, it is 1.6m tall and 81.1kg
    Remember, this is possible to be a fake, albeit a very convincing one but fakes are becoming that good as of late, and it is a bit early for leaks, so don't take it as fact yet.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I do like the pre-evolution. If it's real (and that's a pretty big 'if'), I sure hope it's a basic > stage 1 relationship and not a baby.

if youve noticed on the 4th pic the "z" pokemon picture is over the slide where it is kept, sorry this is hard to explain just look at the 4th pic and look it goes of the "slot"

Yes, I know. But that's not real. The actual focus in of the slot is what I posted. While it is possible to increase the quality of something (particularly with videos, rather than images), it isn't possible for anything even close to that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back