• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Maybe Zorua can only evolve after a certain amount of battles? Maybe it's possible that it gets the ability to evolve after you've owned it fora certain amount of time...

Um.
    When you design 493(right?) creatures that you made solely by yourself, you'll see that it's hard to be creative.(does Ken Sugimori do it all by himself? Eh?)
    i mean, I've made at least 20 fakes and I'm dying. XD
    COUGHCOUGH 493 is quite something if people are still buying the games.
    Two pokemon and people already think the region sucks.
    Well anyways, it wouldn't hurt for them to get some more designers, eh? (but then the pokemon wouldn't look so.. pokemony)
    Ever since Gen III there's been a large design team, and Ken is currently the head.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe Zorua can only evolve after a certain amount of battles? Maybe it's possible that it gets the ability to evolve after you've owned it fora certain amount of time...

That sounds good, though for the evolution... I wouldn't be surprised if it was an item that made it evolve. An item + at night?

Years
  • That sounds good, though for the evolution... I wouldn't be surprised if it was an item that made it evolve. An item + at night?
    The scan apparently talks about some new evolution method, and I believe Gliscor and Weavile already use that. I'm just interested in what they could possibly do... Or are you talking about Zoroak's evolution? It certainly would be a surprise to see Zoroak evolve!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The scan apparently talks about some new evolution method, and I believe Gliscor and Weavile already use that. I'm just interested in what the could possibly do...

Oh? haha, well nevermind then. XD Guess it wouldn't be a new gen without a new evolution method. I just hope it has nothing to do with WiFi... that's always a pain in the ass.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Maybe Zorua can only evolve after a certain amount of battles? Maybe it's possible that it gets the ability to evolve after you've owned it fora certain amount of time...

Ever since Gen III there's been a large design team, and Ken is currently the head.

Ah, I see.. Thanks.
    Well then it's obvious the whole team is running out of ideas.. i think. X|
    Though, I can't blame them.. Making these things for the kiddies. XD And either way, that's still alot.

Years
  • Oh? haha, well nevermind then. XD Guess it wouldn't be a new gen without a new evolution method. I just hope it has nothing to do with WiFi... that's always a pain in the ass.
    I would hate to see a "have Zorua partake in a wi-fi battle!" type evolution. It would clog up message boards with "plz help me evo my zorua!!!!1111!!!" , and a lot of people would simply be screwed. :/

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would hate to see a "battle Zorua in a wi-fi battle!" type evolution. It would clog up message boards with "plz help me evo my zorua!!!!1111!!!" , and a lot of people would simply be screwed. :/

Exactly. I already struggle as it is to get the trading-evolutions, the WiFi would just suck even more lol.

The only thing I'm wondering about for the whole "evolve after so many battles" is what exactly that consists of? Like does the Pokemon simply have to make an appearance during the battle? or does he have to win a match? See where I'm getting at here? lol

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I Got it,

Zorua needs to use Bite on Serebii(Celebi) until it faints... haha

Years
  • ^lol

The only thing I'm wondering about for the whole "evolve after so many battles" is what exactly that consists of? Like does the Pokemon simply have to make an appearance during the battle? or does he have to win a match? See where I'm getting at here? lol
    The idea I had was for it to only appear in the battle.

I actuall expect something absurd like...

"Zorua needs to be trade 5 times during the night at level 30 while holding _______ in the ______ Town Pokemon Center while knowing Dark Pulse."

That sounds like one of those fake cheats in RB. .-.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    ^lol

The idea I had was for it to only appear in the battle.

I actuall expect something absurd like...

"Zorua needs to be trade 5 times during the night at level 30 while holding _______ in the ______ Town Pokemon Center while knowing Dark Pulse."

That sounds like one of those fake cheats in RB. .-.

haha, that sounds too complicated. :P XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Maybe it will have something to do with a future event...

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

That's why.

Lol, try doing one, without following any Pokémon's (493) characteristics.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • hey you gotta admit that the pre-evo is pretty cute. I showed it to my mom and she fell in love with it. Im really excited about the 5th generation. Wonder what they'll think of next lol

Years
  • Stop hating this thing. OMG, it's just like Lucario...

I hope they make over 120 this Gen...and have 2 Pseudo-Legendaries that will Pawn Garchomp.

And that they make Flygon a good Dragon Pokemon. I loved that thing in Jirachi Wish Maker, but it sucked in battle.

Fire/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, Electric/Dark anyone? Any other unique combinations you wanna see?

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Stop hating this thing. OMG, it's just like Lucario...

I hope they make over 120 this Gen...and have 2 Pseudo-Legendaries that will Pawn Garchomp.

And that they make Flygon a good Dragon Pokemon. I loved that thing in Jirachi Wish Maker, but it sucked in battle.

Fire/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, Electric/Dark anyone? Any other unique combinations you wanna see?
    When I first saw it, it also reminded me of the Lucario. I mean, it has a whole movie named after it as well and has an evolution line consistiong of two pokemon. Though, I do wonder how it'll evolve. Maybe they'll go opposite and make zorua hate you for it to evolve instead of happiness like with riolu.
    A 5th generation, right? I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last one because of the lack of ideas, and it just seems nice ending on the number 5. Well, I can't wait to see the remaining 5th genereation pokemon (as long as they're more unique than 4th gen.)

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • But seven of them and Firestar from Teen Titans is a little too much, don't you think?

Eh. Dude.
    493 is a lot to design. I mean, Plusle's paw marks being the same really isn't even something to count. You barely even notice it. :/

7/493.
    Meh.
    Why, we should make a band of designers and try making more than 493 creatures. XD
    Just because Firestar has some eyebrow marks that look like that *coughcoughnocoughtomentioncoughthatsomerealanimalscoughhaveeybrowmarkscoughcoughlikethattoocough*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back