• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
  • I think it would be really cool if moves such as Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Hail were field moves. Then, if you used one, you would change the weather. That would be epic. XD

Totally agreed, I love rain in Pokemon games same with hail then it could snow and towns and cities cold start getting filled with snow = EPIC!

Man this is going to be FREAKIN EPIC!
    Today on serebii I saw these pics and I was like HOLY SH*T they are awesome I love the new battle look I wonder what Wifi/Wireless battle will look like?

These pics make HG/SS look like crap I got it 3 or so weeks ago and was like wow these are the best graphics ever then I looks at these and say "I stand corrected" these ruined HG/SS for me (good thing I beat it).

Even though I'm a guy I might choose the girl the guy looks ugly (but still better than that ugly B*tch Lucas) unless he turns up like that drawing someone drew before but right now I'm thinking the Girl is kind of cute but the guy is ugly.

I think they should add that thing they have in the anime your at a tournament with your friends and rivals and you have to be champ to battle the E4 that was be EPIC!

Last edited:

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    So they finally decided to implement a semi-3D battle system. :o Hopefully it will make for speedier gameplay, since Pokemon battles are a bit to slow paced - too much text scrolling and long battle animations.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I think this is what the guy will look like, just add a hat to it:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

So I'll just do my Fan Art for the girl :)
    Let me just quote myself so you guys can see what I said earlier.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I really hope the new battle system doesn't end up as one of those DS megaman game pieces of crap I played a while ago...Stupid Cards...the system could've been fun if they did it right!!!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Let me just quote myself so you guys can see what I said earlier.
    I would really like to see that to be more what the male character looks like. But judging from the scans, I don't see much of a resemblance part from the face and hair. And even then there's a hat in the way. I hate how they both have hats and they're more than likely both baseball hats than anything.

Years
  • I really hope the new battle system doesn't end up as one of those DS megaman game pieces of crap I played a while ago...Stupid Cards...the system could've been fun if they did it right!!!

I don't think they'll ever make a game based on Megaman's battle system. Megaman's battle system isn't completely RPG based since you'll have to be alert rather than taking your time and choosing your attack like Pokemon's battle system. I'd love to see the action in the new games though,battle animations and everything. ;D

darkpokemonfan

Dark Type Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Vehicles? Male protagonist having bushy hair? Retro computers? Black & White? Sounds like a Pokemon game cross bred with GTA in an 80s setting...

Wanna bet there will be an afro haired pokemon with disco shoes too? :laugh:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I would really like to see that to be more what the male character looks like. But judging from the scans, I don't see much of a resemblance part from the face and hair. And even then there's a hat in the way. I hate how they both have hats and they're more than likely both baseball hats than anything.
    I know, but in the scans the Male protagonists is wearing a blue jacket and has a dark bottom half. Also, it seems that his shoes are brown, in the shot with the House anyway.

otakulily

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I actually wouldn't mind a change of setting. I liked what they did with Advance Wars when Days of Ruin came out. It went from cartoony and whimsical to Post-apocalyptic.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    It seems this game (from the scans we've seen so far) takes place far away from the other regions (like way far) because did anyone ever notice that at the Pokemon Center the Nurse (Possibly Joy) has BROWN HAIR! Me no likey ;_;

(P.S. Does anyone know when Pokemon Sunday comes one?)

otakulily

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Pokemon TCG Card slashing? Just putting it out there.

:o They should stick a Pokemon TCG minigame. Then you could collect them all in Pokemon form and card form. Or they could just remake that other Pokemon TCG gameboy game.

Years
  • :o They should stick a Pokemon TCG minigame. Then you could collect them all in Pokemon form and card form. Or they could just remake that other Pokemon TCG gameboy game.

That'd take quite a long and extra time to implement into the game. But if they did,that's a big thing. I think people would rather explore the region and new Pokemon first than playing a TCG Minigame.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i'm actually taking a look at the clearer scans, and... did you notice the PC? i love it :)
    also, did you notice cycling road sorta just.... cuts off? or am i looking at it wrong?

otakulily

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    That'd take quite a long and extra time to implement into the game. But if they did,that's a big thing. I think people would rather explore the region and new Pokemon first than playing a TCG Minigame.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be like the actual card game. I spent countless hours on minigames before, most notably Final Fantasy 8 in which I spent more time on the card game than the actual game. @_@ As much as I hate to say this, I do get bored of battling sometimes. It would just be a interesting feature. It's really never going to happen though. :s

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back