• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
  • Presuming they don't bring in a new type, and that they do give us around 150 new pokemon...
    Has anyone tried to predict the type distribution yet?

For example, gen 4 had heaps of Ghost, Ground and Steel types (comparatively speaking), with very few Psychic, Fire and Waters. I think in the fifth gen, they'll definitely focus on Dark and Psychic. Anyway, I've made a list of my predictions (note I have not included Legendaries!):

Grass: 4 families - they've been giving us lots of Grass lately, they may have decided on a slowdown after Leafeon
    Bug: 6 families - slightly fewer than ever because we have a lot of them already
    Poison: 12 families - a huge increase, they haven't given us more than 4 families at a time since RBY, plus I'm hoping they'll do sth to make Psn more workable :D
    Fire: 7 families - I want more! That's roughly what they gave us in RBY
    Water: 13 families - an average number for the prolific waters, because they really stinged in gen 4
    Ice: 5 families - very few of them, only starting to increase the number since gen 4
    Normal: 10 families - I predict a long-needed decrease in Normals and Flying types
    Flying: 8 families - See above - there are always so many Pkmn with Flying as 2nd typing!
    Dragon: 1 family - there'll be perhaps 1 more as a legend, but they'll want to keep the type rare (I hope)
    Electric: 5 families - no change here, though I think they'll at least be quite good (RSE brought us only disappointment)
    Ground: 6 families - an average number, neither a dip nor a rise
    Rock: 7 families - hello rock types! RBY gave us 6, while gen 4 gave us 4; it's time for another rise
    Fighting: 6 families - to offset the Dark types
    Psychic: 9 families - a strong focus on a rare type, plus gen 4 gave us a massive TWO non-legend non-baby psychics
    Ghost: 2 families - keep it rare, people, we've seen a 500% increase in their number since Johto
    Dark: 8 families - a strong focus on a rare type
    Steel: 4 families - a much-needed slowdown here as well, their number has been accelerating fast

Note that with overlap (double-typing), that translates to about the number of pkmn RBY had : )

Anyone else got some ideas?

Aztekia

As happy as a pig in sugar
    Years
  • On wi-fi we should be able to do the same thing that Gym Leaders do in-game. We could set a couple of phrases that would be displayed when we're losing, like notable trainers in the 4th gen.

I think this is a good idea, it means more personalization and is an added touch that would just improve the gloss on the game, since they don't seem to make any big changes.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think this is a good idea, it means more personalization and is an added touch that would just improve the gloss on the game, since they don't seem to make any big changes.

Agreed. It'd let us all be a bit more unique. Another thing is, if we don't have customizable characters for in-game (which I really doubt we will), why not let us customize our Wifi sprite? I think that'd be rather awesome.

Aztekia

As happy as a pig in sugar
    Years
  • Agreed. It'd let us all be a bit more unique. Another thing is, if we don't have customizable characters for in-game (which I really doubt we will), why not let us customize our Wifi sprite? I think that'd be rather awesome.
    I haven't really thought of customizable characters, but that would be a really good feature to include. Obviously they will stick to the generic boy/girl sprites, but some form of customizability would be an idea.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think we should have a giant squirrel pokemon( yes they do exist) that's ground/electric type or just a huge size pachrisu evolution insted. I also want a dolphin, I love dolphin, they are just so playful.

Years
  • I haven't really thought of customizable characters, but that would be a really good feature to include. Obviously they will stick to the generic boy/girl sprites, but some from of customizability would be an idea.
    I hope we get a little more uniqueness to each Pokemon, like the gender differences.

I saw this theory somewhere regarding Spiky-eared Pichu. If a Pikachu is bred with a Pokemon from the ground egg-group, the baby will have a spiky ear. If Pikachu is bred with A Pokemon from the fairy group, the Pichu could have something like bigger eyes. If Pikachu is bred with another Pikachu or Ditto, it's just a normal Pichu.

Years
  • I hope we get a little more uniqueness to each Pokemon, like the gender differences.

I saw this theory somewhere regarding Spiky-eared Pichu. If a Pikachu is bred with a Pokemon from the ground egg-group, the baby will have a spiky ear. If Pikachu is bred with A Pokemon from the fairy group, the Pichu could have something like bigger eyes. If Pikachu is bred with another Pikachu or Ditto, it's just a normal Pichu.
    Actually it's notch was caused due to it's time travel. How many spin-off games do you think gen 5 will have, I mean gen 4 surpassed gen 3 in spin-offs which surpassed both gen 2 and 1 so gen 5 should have as much as gen 4 or even more, I bet more, man nintendo must love all the money there getting from the spin-off and the main series.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • I saw this theory somewhere regarding Spiky-eared Pichu. If a Pikachu is bred with a Pokemon from the ground egg-group, the baby will have a spiky ear. If Pikachu is bred with A Pokemon from the fairy group, the Pichu could have something like bigger eyes. If Pikachu is bred with another Pikachu or Ditto, it's just a normal Pichu.

That sounds pretty cool, but it'd take up mountains of space if they wanted to do it for every pkmn.

How about an evo for BOTH Plusle and Minun - two different sprite versions of the same pokemon as an evo for two separate pokemon?
    Also, it could have an ability that let it piggyback NFE electrics in double battles. The partner would get maxed out defenses but could not attack, while PlusleMinunEvo (Neutrino? Pluminate?) got a permanent Charge effect on Electric attacks :D

Years
  • OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Years
  • what if they had a legendary pokemon with sucky stats like those of sunkern( the weakest pokemon stat wise (no it's not magikarp)) but then it's stats increase by 1.05 expenetially per turn , it will eventually surpass Arceus after a while.

Last edited:

DarkJ

HOUNDOOM FTW! :D
    Years
  • what if they had a legendary pokemon with sucky stats like those of sunkern( the weakest pokemon stat wise (no it's not magikarp)) but then it's stats increase by 1.05 expenetially per turn , it will eventually surpass Arceus after a while.
    the problem with that is you'd spend more time defending that pokemon than actually attacking or setting up... meaning you'd lose pokemon for the sake of raising it's stats. it'd be pointless. seems more like a yu-gi-oh thing :S

Years
  • the problem with that is you'd spend more time defending that pokemon than actually attacking or setting up... meaning you'd lose pokemon for the sake of raising it's stats. it'd be pointless. seems more like a yu-gi-oh thing :S
    Ok maybe stronger like a pokemon that's never used or overused, then.

I heard people talking about red,blue,green,and yellow remakes, if they do remake gen1 again (which I hope they don't, enough of Kanto, it's Hoenn's turn for the remake spotlight) I hope they only make one version called pokemon Lightningyellow (not thunder yellow because in real life thunder is a sound caused by lightning in the sky, while lightning is the actual bolt).

Last edited:

DarkJ

HOUNDOOM FTW! :D
    Years
  • I'm really hoping for an Emerald remake. There were hints in HG/SS and Platinum (eg in HG/SS the green pokeball on the pokemon centre floor and the green pokegear background)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I hope the gym leaders in this game (if there are any, which there still probably will be) have some more stranger designs, more varied in some way, Hoenns were varied due to the environment. and some proper back stories to all of em'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back