• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Get-Together Working Combee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    Buy them? o____O;

You don't buy the prizes. XD;; In the first post it is stated that there's an emblem or supporter token thingie.
    Well these are extra prizes, as like, you know. prizes. whats a 4 day speedrun streaming without some nifty prizes? Nothing, 0, zilch.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well these are extra prizes, as like, you know. prizes. whats a 4 day speedrun streaming without some nifty prizes? Nothing, 0, zilch.

Yeah, me and Manipulation were talking about it in the Emblem Discussion thread. Winners get prizes. (And I get Syobon Action contest, hands down... on the keyboard or Wiimote)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Just to clear things up, Manipulation signed up to be the staff supervisor of the Pokémon Game Map-Off. That means that there's still room for a non-staff organizer, correct?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    I was inches on hosting "The 4 nights of trivia" but have no idea to host, and plus the topic sound easy, just to make easy and hard questions. Anyone wants to help?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, I can see other people wanting to host the Map-off contest.
    What are you guys going to do if we're both non-staff and about of the same "PC Value" ? Who are you going to choose as non-staff host/co-host ?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Just to clear things up, Manipulation signed up to be the staff supervisor of the Pokémon Game Map-Off. That means that there's still room for a non-staff organizer, correct?
    I think... But Harry said that he, Spherical Ice, and Zeffy are judges, if they agree, that is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oi~ I just noticed this one, but I wouldn't mind helping Abnegation with the Trainer Creating contest, either as a co-host, or simply a judge. :3 /has may a lot of trainers back in her day, along with being able to depict between Mary-sue and such.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I was inches on hosting "The 4 nights of trivia" but have no idea to host, and plus the topic sound easy, just to make easy and hard questions. Anyone wants to help?

Well Myself, Ares10, Gardenia101, AdvancedK47 and Hiidoran as the Staff member are hosting it and now Fire Wolf wants to help as well. I don't think we'll need any other hosts we have waaay to many for this event already

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well Myself, Ares10, Gardenia101, AdvancedK47 and Hiidoran as the Staff member are hosting it and now Fire Wolf wants to help as well. I don't think we'll need any other hosts we have waaay to many for this event already

Actually I only (tried) to mention this to Klippy, but If I get host for MW2 I'll knock off from the Trivia event.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I'll act as back up host && supervisor of the small writing, sign me up!

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years

Damn, I guess this is what I get for not being on for the last few days.
    I wanted to host it like last year but if it's full, then I could just find something else.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

I think I get first priority, why? I'm not really that sure, though. :P

I hope you don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I find it a little strange that someone who hasn't written fanfiction (that's been posted to PC) or gotten involved with the fanfiction community here wants to host an event geared towards it. O_o I mean, I would think that someone who's done a lot with fic would know what kinds of challenges were workable for fic authors. (You know. Like they would avoid making the challenge overly specific or make restrictions that would render the challenge unworkable for authors -- like obscene word count limits combined with time limits. They'd also probably know what kinds of challenges would be too easy for authors, and they'd know what the judges should be looking for in order to standardize scoring.)

Not to mention isn't it one of the requirements for hosts that you have to be knowledgeable in the field of the challenge you're trying to host? I'm looking at the people who are volunteering, and out of the names, I think Sabre and Bay are pretty much the best picks for hosting, just because they're prominent members of the fanfiction community on PC and because they're known to be excellent fic authors -- as in, they know what they're doing. Not saying that you don't. Just saying that I really do think that someone who has been a part of the fanfiction community on PC should get priority for hosting over someone who hasn't, even if you did suggest it.

(Unless I'm replying to an alt of a face who's been around the fic comm. I can never keep track of those.)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Damn, I guess this is what I get for not being on for the last few days.
    I wanted to host it like last year but if it's full, then I could just find something else.

Wait didn't say you wanted to host it on the other thread, cause it would be nice getting all the original hosts from last year.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I find it a little strange that someone who hasn't written fanfiction (that's been posted to PC) or gotten involved with the fanfiction community here wants to host an event geared towards it. O_o I mean, I would think that someone who's done a lot with fic would know what kinds of challenges were workable for fic authors. (You know. Like they would avoid making the challenge overly specific or make restrictions that would render the challenge unworkable for authors -- like obscene word count limits combined with time limits. They'd also probably know what kinds of challenges would be too easy for authors, and they'd know what the judges should be looking for in order to standardize scoring.)

Not to mention isn't it one of the requirements for hosts that you have to be knowledgeable in the field of the challenge you're trying to host? I'm looking at the people who are volunteering, and out of the names, I think Sabre and Bay are pretty much the best picks for hosting, just because they're prominent members of the fanfiction community on PC and because they're known to be excellent fic authors -- as in, they know what they're doing. Not saying that you don't. Just saying that I really do think that someone who has been a part of the fanfiction community on PC should get priority for hosting over someone who hasn't, even if you did suggest it.

(Unless I'm replying to an alt of a face who's been around the fic comm. I can never keep track of those.)
    Not just because I haven't posted anything in the fanfiction means that I'm a complete noob at fanfics. I never really did posted any fics/novels/poems of mine in the writing section, as I tend to lurk in that section than actually post in it. I also lost my writings on my other computer, that being another reason why I haven't posted anything. Although it may not look much, writing is one of my major priorities in life. If you don't believe that then don't. I'm not asking you to believe it, but I know that what I said is real.

Its OK if I don't get to host it. If I can't host it, then I can join it. :P

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    you missed a bit.
    Pokémon speedrun challenge
    Racing against the clock to complete 8 games in 96 hours.Can we do it?
    Hosted by: Mr.Silver,Sora's Nobody,myrrhman,(staffmember needed)
    just pointing that out
    ~mya.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aww the scavenger hunt hasn't got anyone? Imma volunteer but not sure if anyone else will host or supervise. XD;

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    No scriptwriting contest host? I could volunteer as one, if you're allowed to host 2 events. ^____________^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back