• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Even I'm starting to feel sorry for CME, SwampertTrainer. xD; I'd just suggest that if you don't want to rate CME's stuff, stop posting after her, okay? Otherwise I'm just going to change the rule so that you have to rate something above you if it's there no matter what.

And I'll say it again, though this time it's just to your SwampertTrainer: This. Is. Not. A. Discussion. Thread.

Honestly, you people make me want to turn on post moderation in this thread. :|

And SwampertTrainer, CME did rate your banner. She not only rated it, she replied to your revision. <_< I'd say that counts for something. Just take some time to rate, jesus christ. xD; Next time this becomes a problem, rating will become mandatory if there's a piece in the post above yours. /walks off grumbling about how much trouble this thread is.

CME: Wireframes. |D Reminds me of the prettiful theme you made me so long ago. However, I honestly hate how they look in this LP. D: It just doesn't really... mesh, in my opinion. :| Maybe if you got rid of the wireframe... and the yellow background... I would safely say that I adore it. :D The vector job is amazingly clean; colors are great, and the lotus flowers are amazing. Those purple dotty-things are really cute too.

So pretty much, everything in the far background, I don't like at all, but everything in front, I adore to pieces. <3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ... I see so many people other than you and CME on this page. :| Patience. Patience. They're coming. This thread is just a little slower than it used to be is all.

In the meantime, for the third time, this isn't a discussion thread.

Which means you don't need to inform me to your new course of action; and you don't need to reply to my post unless you are rating one of the banners or LP's above.

~
    This an old piece, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Even though I gave CME such a terrible rate. Dx *apologies for the crapped out comments, CME*

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

• The quality of the c4d in the background is awful in comparison to Toon Link. The colors are easy on the eyes, but the large dot next to Link is a bit too plain for it's size. Overall, nice composure.

I have absolutely NO idea what the render is. Maybe it's supposed to be like that...
    A bit too dark on the edges, but good effects. The text looks nice half-hidden in the murk.

And here's another one by me:

Last edited:

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Loki - That's okay, Loki. xD I appreciate any and all crit. : D I wasn't so sure on the wireframes myself. I was looking more for a bubbly kinda wireframe but I couldn't find any so I used what I had. D: I just need something to put in my portfolio. xD Anyways!

The tag's got a great feel to it, it reminds me of the airships from Final Fantasy. :o The only things that bug me are the render on the right that sticks straight up. Smudge that out and it will look a lot better. The other thing that bothers me is how quick the negative space in the top left corner randomly transfers from the blue/green. A bit more blue green blending into the black would make it look a lot nicer. The whole thing, with the text, kinda reminds me of Halo. :o

@Swampert - Thanks for your ever-so-thoughtful 2 sentenced crit. I didn't count the last one. Anyways... There's absolutely no sense of flow in this at all. Tags with eyes never work out usually. The coloring of the eye is a bit sloppy. The color of the brushes don't match the tag at all. I gave you a link to a color palette site and I didn't post it to fill space. Colors are usually a problem for you and I posted it so it would help you. If you want something with a flowly, swirly feel, there's a bunch of brushes on deviantArt that you can use and you can easily create a "creation" tag without the use of an eye. Text isn't so bad and the outer glow kind of works.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I have absolutely NO idea what the render is. Maybe it's supposed to be like that...
    A bit too dark on the edges, but good effects. The text looks nice half-hidden in the murk.

And here's another one by me:

It's a c4d, so yeah, it is supposed to be like that. xD; Thank you for the comments though. :D

As for your banner, what I don't like the most is the flower on the far left. It's so out of place, and it doesn't match with your stock. And whoever too that photo forgot to airbrush out that creepy vein in the eye. xD;

I like whatever it is on the right; looks like a stock to me, but I don't think you blended it well. The biggest problem with this is the canvas-stock ratio. Your eye doesn't take up enough space, so it gets kind of buried under everything else. Or should I say it more like, I tend to look at everything else; and not the eye.

Your text is okay, but I'd suggest maybe picking a stock-picture with both eyes in it next time; and putting both eyes in it, if you're going to do a wide canvas banner like this one.

CME: Ah yeah, everyone's jumped me on the color transition on the upper left. xD! And wow, didn't even notice those straight things. o_o I'll smudge it out next time I get the chance. <3

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Once you get used to a big canvas it's hard to go back to a smaller one. Although the link lp is ehhh…the flowers need more detail, also maybe blurred the c4d too much. xX
    Loved the concert one though.
    The effects on the sig don't seem to flow with the sprite. Too blurry near the focal and sharp away. .o.'

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • That's why I didn't even to bother to save the PSD. xD I know it sucks.

At any rate, here's the Link vector. I'll probably never use it again so y'all can abuse it to death. Just credit me when you use it. ;o;

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    @.Kai
    There are some mistakes that you need to address. I'm not sure what you were trying to spell with "Feaursome." Shouldn't it be "Fearsome"? The W on Waterman needs to be a couple of pixels higher so it works with the others. Try to center every character with their names so it looks cleaner.

@/.*Ooka.*/
    Looks pretty cool but I would try blending it more so you can't really tell that you used a sort of low-quality render. I like the whole look overall but it would be better if you blended it and made it flow a little better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    .Kai- the huge versions of the charectors looks..erm...too wierd/pixely to me, the color doesn't go very well with everything else, the text stands out wayy too much,noticeable errors as Utami pointed above and altogether it doesnt looks very good, try to fix it up a bit.

anyhow,here's my 2nd photoshop creation so far,dont be too hard on me X_X

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Feerce - For your second, it's not bad at all. However, it's lacking some basic aspects. The background sharply transitions from pink to black with no warning. You need to add some depth in there, and the colors look great. I won't get too specific cause I don't want to kill you with PS speek. xD

Another LP .-.

Comments please, another LP that is portfolio-bound. : P

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    CME:
    Oh....wow! This is amazing! :) The text matches with basically everything, the random balls of light actually sorta blend in O_O everything you added is pretty much amazing, the effects and everything are awesome...ooh and I also like hwo it gets lighter from the top left to the bottom right! Nice job 10/10

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I guess I get a free rate!
    First banner in a very long time. I tried something new practising using C4D's and whatnot. Rate please!

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years

• It's ok, but the colors to me aren't smooth enough. Seems like some colors like green and yellow/gold appear in only one small spot. That was the main thing that threw me off. But that wasn't it, it could some more depth and better overall construction.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1

My newest tag of Laharl from Disgea series. It's similar to my Wanted sig in some ways, but I didn't follow the same steps or anything.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Kuggles - I agree with Conman, take out those yellow/green blots. They clash with the colors you already have. It's also lacking flow and a light source. Well you have lots of light sources, but they're all over the place. Flow is going every direction and depth is lacking as well. Instead of setting a purple blob to lighten, I found that hot pink works best.
    @Conman - At first glance it looks good, but you're missing some stuff. The light source you have, for one, is waay out to the right side of the tag, while the stock indicates the light is coming from just above his head and moving in a / (down left) direction. The splatter you have in front of him that has the stripy things are throwing me off too. It looks like they cut off while the splatter keeps on going. Soft brush eraser ftw! The whiter smudging in front of him also contradicts with your light source but that can easily be fixed (burn tool, new smudging etc).

Reposting cause I want more rates. ;o;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back