• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grass starter should be changed to a Thunder type.

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
    Years
    How does Fire>Thunder?
    Fire has no great effect on Electric types.
    Also Thunder, when it strikes on trees, can produce Fire.

Fire
    ^/ \v
    Water -<- Grass​

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    It's fine as it is. Electric and Fire are normal effective against each other. Fire consumes Grass. Grass absorbs Water, and Water douses Fire. It's been mentioned before. Electric just seems a bit random.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I disagree. First of all, if you played the games, you would have realized that there is no need for an electric type to replace the grass type. Because I always choose the grass types, dang it! Because of what everyone here mentioned. The three starters were chosen for a reason.

Years
    You see, the starter types work in a rock-paper-scissors pattern, which means that they will all be balanced by being effective against one type, but weak to the other.

Electric will break that balance and breaks the game overall.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    To be honest, I'd rather see a dark type starter for once. Maybe a new Fire/dark, instead of the typical fire/fight that's been faithful for the last three gens, now.

I would personally like to see a set of types that has nothing to do with Grass/Water/Fire, for example, maybe a trio of Electric, Ground, and Flying, or Fighting, Psychic, and Dark. However I don't think there's a trio that balances as well as the traditional one, so they'll probably stick with it.

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
    I hope that in the future we can choose one starter out of the 18(?) types. Like, I would choose dragon or psychic or dark.. =D that would be so awesome.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would personally like to see a set of types that has nothing to do with Grass/Water/Fire, for example, maybe a trio of Electric, Ground, and Flying, or Fighting, Psychic, and Dark. However I don't think there's a trio that balances as well as the traditional one, so they'll probably stick with it.

Plus the idea is nice, but Fire, Water, and Grass are really easy to understand. They start you off with Pokemon with easy types, for kids that would probably be confused by a triangle of types that doesn't make much sense to them.

Years
    This is just a stupid idea...
    It makes no sense.
    Water isn't even not very effective against electric (not thunder!) as it's just normally effective.
    And fire isn't super effective against electric.
    So it wouldn't work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    honesty dude you need to learn what your talking about. electric is not weak to fire its weak to ground.Electric is only strong against water and flying making it not a relyable pokemon to start out with.Now the reason why it may seem that fire is strong against an electric is because of the STAB damage(fire pokemon+80 damage fire type attack=120 fire type attack) and electric pokemons general high speed and attacking power but low defences.

Years
    How does Fire>Thunder?
    Fire has no great effect on Electric types.
    Also Thunder, when it strikes on trees, can produce Fire.

To add to this, wildfires have minimal direct effect at stopping lightning strikes in an area. They only stop electricity by burning/melting natural conductors of electricity such as metals.

Electricity's only weakness in-game is to ground and is due to the fact that "grounding" a wire that handles electricity keeps surges of electricity in check.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    To be honest, I'd rather see a dark type starter for once. Maybe a new Fire/dark, instead of the typical fire/fight that's been faithful for the last three gens, now.

Grass/Ghost

Fire/Dark

Water/Fight for Gen 6.

Sound good to anyone?

Pretty wicked, there is nothing wrong with adding another type to the famous triangle that we grew up to learn and love

As for thinking of changing the famous triangle replacing Grass for Electric....I say nay

:t354:TG

Back