• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The heights of the human cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
Years
  • Just wondering, how tall do you think the humans are from main cast are?

Its shown Ash never grows up physically and while the pokemon themselves could be a refference for height its obvious the anime team dont pay attention to the official pokedex for drawing the sizes of various pocket monsters.

So how tall do people estimate the human cast to be:

Ash
    Brock
    Misty
    May
    Dawn
    Jessie
    James
    Nurse Joy
    Officer Jenny
    Cynthia
    Flint
    Volkner
    etc.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If you notice how much shorter they seem to have gotten in comparison with other adult characters, the main cast is disgracefully made to look much more like 10 year olds...

Basically, no more than 5'6" each.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
  • So Brock being the tallest of the group would be 5'6"?

How about Jessie and James? Theyre meant to be 20 years old or something like that right?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Dawn's height is given as 4'6 in the games, really short, I know! So Ash should be about the same and other characters his height like Iris and May. Brock should be at least 5'6, 5'7... Jessie and James 5'7...

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I've always considered Jessie and James to be pretty tall, referring to the first season 'cause now all the characters are turning chibi-er :P. To me, James measures around 6' and Jessie's 2 inches less or so (I think it makes sense without her heels and high hair, even though she became taller in BW Oo). She's always talking about her long legs and about being a model (at least in English) so she must be tall imo. Moreover, I think they were both significantly taller than Brock in the first season. I've never considered them as Asians though =P.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
  • Yeah, if you see Brock next to jessie or james he seems just to reach their shoulder or neck. Thats at least 20cm taller than Brock and his spikey hair.

Though I did notice Nurse Joy to be shorter than Brock. By Asian standards she seems to fit the average height of a woman.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I don't know. How tall are 17 year olds? (that's how old Jessie and James are supposably).
    Then there's Lt. Surge.

Well let's see; I'm about 5'2 and is 17. Most 17 year olds are maybe around 5'4 or 5'6 in my guess? Satoshi seems to be a bit taller then Iris by maybe a few inches so those two height might be the same. I don't remember how tall Dawn was but I think she was close to Satoshi's as well. Barry is almost as tall as Brock but not as much. Dento might be the same height as Brock if I can think about it. Don't have a exact height guess yet though.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Height decides age now...

Ever since May, breast development hasn't really been a reliable teller...

If we assume that Dawn is 4'6", then we can assume Ash, Iris, May, and other people are about the same height. Brock and Cilan are about a foot taller, 5'6". Adult women are a tad taller than Brock, 5'8-10". Considering I'm 5'10" and my 11 year old brother is 5'0" and we are both well above average for our groups, and the fact our main characters are 10 >__>, The 4'6 to 4'11" range makes perfect sense for Ash and others.

This supports my theory that everyone in Pokemon is Mexican, because our guys at Monterrey are pretty damn short.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Some girls start having breasts at 10... It's early, but possible. Weird for a kid cartoon if you ask me though ^^".

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Volkner is 5'11" and Flint is 5"8'.
    Skyla, Byron, Elesa are 5'7.
    That's a nice bit of information, but not worth reviving a topic that hasn't been posted in since last year. So in the future please refrain from bumping old topics. If you wish to discussion the subject then create a new topic on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back