• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games [GAME OVER]

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    so i've taken the liberty of accumulating everything i think makes Klippy suspicious. i realise some if not most of this is from my own posts, but that's mostly because those are easier for me to find, haha.
    btw, the tl;dr version of Klippy incriminations is:
    • Pretend/s to be the Medic
    • Got ComicFanatic killed, who was from the same district as the Medic (and possibly the Medic himself, considering his violent response)
    • eros' hint from the third Sponsor Event (and possibly also the first one which Ninja Aiden got i think)
    • Showed his PM, granted with permission from eros, but it didn't match up with the Medic's role description in the OP at all
    • Defended both gimmepie and Juno, who were both confirmed Careers by their death afterwards
    Spoiler:

... ok sorry i meant to reply to all the things you both said so far too but then i had to go eat dinner and now you posted another bunch of posts so i'll have to read up on them again before responding ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ i'll just plop this down for now haha

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Regardless of what would happen after we kill Klippy, we have evidence to show he is extremey likely to be lying. If he is in fact lying, it is almost certain that he is a Career. I feel like targetting someone else is a bad idea when we've got such strong evidence against Klippy.

We don't have evidence this strong on anyone else at this point, so if we target someone else - Gunner for example (by the way, that's not really solid evidence) - we are picking an option to kill someone who we have less on over someone who just screams 'Career'.

We can't really "throw off the Careers" because they already know who's innocent and who's not. They can manipulate any situation, unless the Reaped start with targetting Careers before the Careers can get in to suggest.

Oh, I got ninja'd. You're right Nagi, I forgot about Klippy also defending GP. I'm like 99% sure Klippy is guilty with all this stacking up, but that's just me.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Exhibit A - Klippy's "PM" does not match role description:

Exhibit B - Klippy cannot legally share real PMs (and there is no proper reason he should get an exception from eros):

And now I'm suspicious of you for defending him. It doesn't matter for me, since I'm gonna die anyway, and you'll see I'm innocent. The evidence against Klippy looks pretty damning to me - you can't just brush it off.

There was an exception though. Eros' clues led people to believe I was a Career and he allowed me to share my Medic PM to prove my innocence to you all since he felt his clues unfairly led to me being called a Career. Nagi is the only one accusing me of something different because it benefits her (and possibly you) as Careers. :/

The role descriptions in the OP of the thread are a brief summary of the roles, not the entire description of the role - otherwise how would the secret roles know they can do more?

so i've taken the liberty of accumulating everything i think makes Klippy suspicious. i realise some if not most of this is from my own posts, but that's mostly because those are easier for me to find, haha.
    btw, the tl;dr version of Klippy incriminations is:
    • Pretend/s to be the Medic
    • Got ComicFanatic killed, who was from the same district as the Medic (and possibly the Medic himself, considering his violent response)
    • eros' hint from the third Sponsor Event (and possibly also the first one which Ninja Aiden got i think)
    • Showed his PM, granted with permission from eros, but it didn't match up with the Medic's role description in the OP at all
    • Defended both gimmepie and Juno, who were both confirmed Careers by their death afterwards

1) Didn't pretend to be the Medic - am definitely the Medic. Nobody's died in the River and that's because my Medic ability prevents any attack in the River, so the Careers can't even bother.
    2) He went after me first and also admitted to being a Career, so the group decided to lynch him. Not me.
    3) See above. Eros made an error.
    4) See above.
    5) I always trust them in these games. I'm friends with them and it's hard not to trust your friends.

I'm seeing the real picture here and it's that Nagi and GreenFlame are the Careers. They're desperate to get rid of someone in case GreenFlame dies which leads me to believe he's a roled Career and Nagi might be the leader of them.

[KILL] Nagi

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    okay, i've gotten tired of thinking of all these conspiracy theories, so for now i'll just say this, then go empty my mind for an hour, then maybe reply again, haha

i'm really convinced Klippy is a Career, and i hope you think so too based on all the evidence, albeit circumstantial ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ so i'd really want for us to lynch him today. you say we'd better not because all it'd lead to is retaliation and we'd lose another Reaped, but at the same time it would also mean we would have removed another (formidable!) Career from our midst. and besides, if it does turn out that Klippy is a Career, then i don't think that would need to lead to your lynch at all, because you've really made some great points that nearly threw me off too c:
    so, all in all, i think it's in our best interest to kill Klippy.

EDIT: i just noticed he's back! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ
    ahem.
    Klippy said:
    1) Didn't pretend to be the Medic - am definitely the Medic. Nobody's died in the River and that's because my Medic ability prevents any attack in the River, so the Careers can't even bother.
    2) He went after me first and also admitted to being a Career, so the group decided to lynch him. Not me.
    3) See above. Eros made an error.
    4) See above.
    5) I always trust them in these games. I'm friends with them and it's hard not to trust your friends.

1) There's no evidence you couldn't have been lying this whole time. of course if you're a Career they wouldn't target the river, because that would make everyone distrust you.
    2) I think he went after you because he knew you were not the medic, because he was. i explained this before; who would the group go with, an experienced and possible medic Klippy or angered rookie?
    3) How do we know eros made an error? you are the only one who ever claimed so. i think eros' only error was that he gave too much information by revealing you, Juno and gimmepie practically all at once, and this was set straight by the Purge. not once was it suggested that the information itself was wrong.
    4) Doesn't seem likely that eros was wrong, nor does your description of the Medic even seem to make sense. to me anyway. which is also part of the reason why i suspect you're lying about it.
    5) Subjective, but also not plausible. Juno has already been mafia in several games before this one, implying you still haven't learned the lesson that it doesn't matter who you are, you're still equally likely to be mafia.

phee ok i'm tired

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    There was an exception though. Eros' clues led people to believe I was a Career and he allowed me to share my Medic PM to prove my innocence to you all since he felt his clues unfairly led to me being called a Career.
    This makes zero sense to me, not only because it doesn't seem like a very good reason, but also Eros should have confirmed that if it was true, instead of giving exceptions to the rules but not saying about it.

Everything points to you being a Career, from my perspective.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    1) There's no evidence you couldn't have been lying this whole time. of course if you're a Career they wouldn't target the river, because that would make everyone distrust you.
    2) I think he went after you because he knew you were not the medic, because he was. i explained this before; who would the group go with, an experienced and possible medic Klippy or angered rookie?
    3) How do we know eros made an error? you are the only one who ever claimed so. i think eros' only error was that he gave too much information by revealing you, Juno and gimmepie practically all at once, and this was set straight by the Purge. not once was it suggested that the information itself was wrong.
    4) Doesn't seem likely that eros was wrong, nor does your description of the Medic even seem to make sense. to me anyway. which is also part of the reason why i suspect you're lying about it.
    5) Subjective, but also not plausible. Juno has already been mafia in several games before this one, implying you still haven't learned the lesson that it doesn't matter who you are, you're still equally likely to be mafia.

phee ok i'm tired

You seem to be purposefully ignoring the fact that I begged the group to vote for Kokoro, who turned out to be a Career. Seems like you're more upset with me that I almost got one of your friends than anything else.

1) There's still the fact that I'm here and protecting the River nightly. Nobody dies there because I'm protecting it.

2) I think he went after me because he didn't like monkeys. Not some part of the metagame.

3) Eros can confirm it it if he would, but I don't think he will. (like dis post eros). And wrong. Eros' error was incriminating me accidentally, which he then allowed me to post my role PM as a result of.

4) Once again, my PM was straight from my inbox from Eros. He can confirm if the PM I shared here was the accurate one if he wants to. I wouldnt falsify two PMs in two games.

5) And no, that just means I'm dumb and trust my friends.

Still thinking you're the most suspicious at this point. :/ trying to set me up to die so I can't save anyone.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    You seem to be purposefully ignoring the fact that I begged the group to vote for Kokoro, who turned out to be a Career. Seems like you're more upset with me that I almost got one of your friends than anything else.
    Still thinking you're the most suspicious at this point. :/ trying to set me up to die so I can't save anyone.

because you've been saving so many people so far. sorry but this pisses me off. i already predicted a few posts back that you would be going to wallow in the whole ''BUT GUYS THE ONE I WANTED TO KILL WAS ALSO A CAREER''.
    yes. we know. but Juno was ten times more likely to be a career at that point, PLUS Kokoro was going to be killed off due to inactivity anyways. seems to me you were just giving up Kokoro BECAUSE she was going to be killed off anyway, and that way you could use her guilt to 'confirm' your innocence by feigning excitement over killing a Career.

1) Nobody died there because the Careers weren't targeting it because that would incriminate you.
    2) Oh yeah, that totally makes sense over my explanation.
    3) Would eros really mistakenly incrimate you TWICE?
    4) see above
    5) /shrug

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    What's the point in arguing with an obvious Career? If GreenFlame is truly innocent, he'll vote for you and so will the others that have went to the River with me. I'm the Medic. If you kill me, it'll tell you I'm a Reaped as I've been repeatedly saying. But I think this is a case of a Career trying to pin their attack on me. :/

[KILL] Nagi, if you know what's good for you. Otherwise the Reaped will likely lose.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    [KILL] Nagi, if you know what's good for you. Otherwise the Reaped will likely lose.
    How? We've already killed 3(?) Careers, and they can only kill us if they pick the right zone. We're not in a tight spot or anything.

If you're innocent, then they'll execute Nagi tomorrow. And I'll already have been proven innocent with my death.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    1) Nobody died there because the Careers weren't targeting it because that would incriminate you.

This point annoys me that it's still being discussed. This is exactly the situation that benefits the Careers. Of course Klippy's protected area won't be targeted by Careers, because it makes people suspect him, because we can't prove that Klippy's power works, and hence we keep discussing this point as if we'll get some result by keep discussing it. Drop this point, it has no grounds, and is pointless to discuss, lest you out yourself at being a Career. That's all I'm gonna say, I have nothing else right now.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

I agree with Aiden on the first point

As for the second point, ComicFanatic went after Klippy because he was a monkey, so then we (me being one of the first), voted for him. I thought it was more a joke than anything, but we also didn't have any other evidence to go on at that point, so it led to ComicFanatic's death. I do not think he was the medic.

Eros certainly did give out too much information, but it's also possible that in the process he pointed a few too many fingers, some in places where they should not have been pointing. This point is somewhat moot, though, as eros could either have let Klippy share his role PM because he accidentally incriminated him, or he could have allowed him to share a forged PM because he accidentally let out too much information.

Considering how the hide and seek mechanic has been playing out, I think Klippy's description of the medic makes since for this mafia installment. So far it hasn't proven to be overpowered in any way, and that's the main thing that matters when coming up with roles for mafia.

Also, gimmepie was the recruiter, yes? A recruiter can, obviously, recruit innocent players into the career pack. This could make it possible for Klippy to be the medic and a career. It could also mean that any initial role PMs are meaningless.

In the end, I think there's an equal chance that Klippy is a Career as he is the Medic, and there's a possibility that he's both.

so today, there's two clear sides. we can either vote for Klippy or for Nagi. If Klippy is killed and is found innocent, then it's likely that Nagi and GreenFlame are Careers. If Nagi is killed and proven innocent, then it's likely that Klippy and Ninja Aiden are Careers. I'm basing this solely on the back and forth nature of the current discussion.

So, for today, I'm going to vote to Execute Klippy

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Well since Nagi has somehow brainwashed people into believing her... the Careers would have to be Nagi, GreenFlame, and maybe Nakuzumi since she's voting for me. :/ Or she's just getting tricked.

Lame if I die over an error of the GM, but w/e.

Nakuzami

Years

I swear to god Klippy you better get my name right one of these days lest I be forced to make you mine mortal enemy

I'm ambivalent when it comes to voting for either you or Nagi. If we kill you and you're innocent, Nagi and GreenFlame are my first targets.

Maybe if you could ever get my name right I wouldn't be voting for you. -3-

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I swear to god Klippy you better get my name right one of these days lest I be forced to make you mine mortal enemy

I'm ambivalent when it comes to voting for either you or Nagi. If we kill you and you're innocent, Nagi and GreenFlame are my first targets.

Maybe if you could ever get my name right I wouldn't be voting for you. -3-

OK Nicklezomzom.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Okay, there are two people that I feel are suspicious. Nagi and Klippy. First off is Klippy, his reason in number 5 is a red flag for me. HE DOES NOT TRUST JUNO. I know this sounds like a weird argument but he didn't trust Juno at all in Season 3, and started the bandwagon. I know this is a weak argument but what he said in his reason was off. "He trusts his friends"

But even so, I dont think he's a Career. I know he is a great liar, and it is possible that he is using the medic role as deterrent for killing him early, but he usually does that if he is an ordinary reaped, which he usually is.

Nagi on the other hand was pretty quick at incriminating Klippy. I also dont think she's a career but I find it highly suss to me.

Both of them have an equal chance on being a career and to think that we have three careers down, it means we have about 1-2 careers left to hunt. It wouldn't be wise if eros planned 6 or more careers on us, that would be bad.

Nakuzami

Years
    Quit acting like a Career, Nakuzami. Gosh. [/meangirls]

hot damn you got my name right

arguments against Klips are out there, but the only argument I know of against Nagi is how against Klippy she is

I'll be honest, it's been off-putting for a little bit. She's practically on a warpath against the simian, and has been for quite a while now.

Sure, I can understand some of the evidence she's provided, but it is a bit odd how dedicated she is to getting a single person lynched.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    The Hunger Games [GAME OVER]

Back