• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
hahah aww marccc XD

Well this is quite hidden here lol.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Oh wow, it's actually moved! Thanks Marcy. :D

Although I've always wondered why Manga was a sub-forum of Pokemon General as opposed to Anime...

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
It would be better if Manga was its own forum. That way, it could get more traffic and views and all. It's a different media, so yeah...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like it being here but that's just because I love the manga so it's nice to be able to mod it. Hopefully I can drum up more activity over the summer with events, that's my plan, then if it's actually active it could have its own forum...probably should have it to begin with but there's no point with how dead it is rn. :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
So... serious question here, how much is the manga linked to other areas of the franchise? (Games/anime etc.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've never read the manga but I've had a lot of experience with the games, anime, TGC, plushies... Most areas of the franchise tbh. So I'd say it's not really linked to it much at all, bar the fact that there are Pokemon being used and similar trainers are using them.

Years
So... serious question here, how much is the manga linked to other areas of the franchise? (Games/anime etc.)

Quite a lot.

I've never read the manga but I've had a lot of experience with the games, anime, TGC, plushies... Most areas of the franchise tbh. So I'd say it's not really linked to it much at all, bar the fact that there are Pokemon being used and similar trainers are using them.

I contest that notion to the fullest extent. The manga's are just a further extrapolation of the Pokemon world. It uses the same items, Pokemon and geography to tell quite enthralling stories. I don't go around and say "Oh the anime changes so many things from the games therefore it's not linked to the other parts of the franchise" I just lay the blame to the fact that most of the Pokemon Merchandise are quite interchangeable so there isn't specific stuff sold to cater to the PokeManga viewing audience.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Do they still publish the manga? I was thinking about picking up a new series, so...ya.

If they still do, where would I have to look to find a copy? I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

Years
Do they still publish the manga? I was thinking about picking up a new series, so...ya.

If they still do, where would I have to look to find a copy? I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

In the US, it's under the VIZKids banner:

http://www.amazon.com/Hidenori-Kusaka/e/B006ILTHKE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/hidenori-kusaka

There's also the out of print Electric Tale of Pikachu manga...semi-risque IMO.
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Graph...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331683418&sr=1-1

Also out of print:
Magical Pokemon Journey
http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Pokem...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331683468&sr=1-1

BTW you can also search for the Separate series Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure (The one with Hareta)s, and Anime Movie Manga adaptations on Amazon/B&N.

In Singapore it's under the Chuang-Yi banner:

http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/new2/ecatalogtitle.php?title=POKEMON+ADVENTURES

Sadly there's other manga that hasn't been published outside of Japan/Webcomic form such as:

Pokemon Ranger 1&2, Pokemon Phantom Thief 7, The Trading Card Game manga, and of course the Japan famous Pocket Monsters Comedic Manga.

Years
It's been ages since I read the manga ...
And personally I like it (Special) much more better than the animé
They should have puit this storyline instead of Ash Ketchup

Years
Diamond and Pearl Adventures, Pokemon Phantom Thief 7, Pokemon Ranger Webcomics, Ginji's Rescue Team. :D, Electric Tale of Pikachu, and some of the anime-movie manga.

Yeah if only more were published here, wouldn't mind to read that Slapstick manga that's famous in Japan lawlz.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I've read the PMD ones, the Ranger ones, Pokemon 7, and some of the Electric Tale of Pikachu. There are some others that I've read I think and some that I have links to for the future, but the one I REALLY want to read isn't online anywhere and I'm poor :(((

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I've read the Electric Tale of Pikachu, Pokemon Battle Frontier, and a few movie-based ones.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
LANCE. He is king. Nuff said.

No really, I miss reading the first arcs for the first time... I almost want someone to hit me in the head so that I forget everything and can read them again xD

Don't go hit me now though. I didn't really mean that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Only read Ginji's Rescue Team and the Adventures series up to the halfway mark in the Diamond & Pearl arc but my favorite part of the manga would have to be the Ruby & Sapphire arc even though Yellow does come at a very close second.

Back