• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
  • I wouldn't say that every chance is dashed, there will certainly be people who will always and forever say it is New York because AMERICA IS THE BEST.
    This certainly looks more similar though, I'm going to have to say that Isshu is most likely Shanghai. I'm a little disappointed, but oh well. I'm glad we're at least getting a possibly-American-super-awesome-eagle pokemon.

hmm maybe right

but what about the native american bird?

Just because we have a pokemon with (possible) American influences doesn't mean that the region is based of the US. Many say Ludicolo has Latin influences, but Hoenn is still based of part of Japan.

Last edited:

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • I am Native American and I was hoping it would be in America but that doesn't seem to be the case also now that each game is entirely different it seems to show off the industrial/country side of china

The Isshu Region

a scroll painting depicting a Chinese eagle

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • The back and forth is really getting old, actually. There's images that favor New York, there's images that favor Shanghai. This is crazy: GO AMERICA!

Oh, and merged your thread here.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am Native American and I was hoping it would be in America but that doesn't seem to be the case also now that each game is entirely different it seems to show off the industrial/country side of china

The Isshu Region

Oh so Wooguru is based on the Chinese eagle only with british/america color :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Oh my god, Shanghai.

The water and the shape and this is just so much more obvious than New York! The bridges in Shanghai are a lot more like the ones see-able from the Isshu map, too. :D

asdfghjkl i love this game if it's in Shanghai.

Although, technically, it's "shanghai area", as shanghai is only in, well, exactly in the position of Hiun City.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Oh so Wooguru is based on the Chinese eagle only with british/america color :P

Ugh NO. Wooguru/Wargle is a Bald Eagle with a native american headdress on his head.

China doesn't like America or Britain and Japan doesn't like China so.. lol hidden insults

Another problem with Isshu being in China is that Isshu is supposed to be far away. China is right next to Japan. All the previous generations were in Japan.

Last edited:

Years
  • Ugh NO. Wooguru/Wargle is a Bald Eagle with a native american headdress on his head.

Another problem with Isshu being in China is that Isshu is supposed to be far away. China is right next to Japan. All the previous generations were in Japan.
    Shanghai is in still farther from any other region is to one another. Well look at the picture of the Chinese eagle posted here :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Another problem with Isshu being in China is that Isshu is supposed to be far away. China is right next to Japan. All the previous generations were in Japan.

Er derp could mean in the Pokemon world? In other words, where they're situated in the Pokemon world.

Like so:

S
    JK
    H..........................................................I

See what I mean? FAR AWAY.

Years

The Isshu Region

This is the Chinese Eagle it doesn't need a headress to look like it :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Here's the full-sized Chinese Eagle.

The Isshu Region

I wonder.

And it doesn't make sense to make a land slug pink, either, but they've done it. They also set a pig and chicken on fire and they don't taste nice. Not to mention that giant 100ft green dinosaur that breathes fire and shoots lightning bolts from its fingertips.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • And nobody notices the yellow thing around Wooguru's tail. That makes it red/white/blue/yellow. =| It's just a colour scheme, it doesn't have to be America.

Its shiny form sure won't be. >D

Years
  • I wouldn't say that every chance is dashed, there will certainly be people who will always and forever say it is New York because AMERICA IS THE BEST.
    People's theories on what a Pokemon region is based off does not determine if they favor a certain country. >.>

Shanghai is plausible, but I'm sticking with NY.

You have distort the whole shape of Shanghai just to make it look close to Isshu. Manhattan matches up a lot better, Shanghai is way to round and triangular Manhattan has the rectangular look. The lake means nothing, Pokemon regions are always altered from their real-life counterparts.

Now here's the biggest flaw in the Shanghai theory.
    Even though both NYC and rotated Shanghai land masses look similar to Isshu, Huin City is strong evidence that its based of NYC..
    The Isshu Region
    The Isshu Region
    The Isshu Region

Top is Manhattan, bottom is Shanghai,, you tell me which one is a better fit.

Not to mention that Junichi Masuda's blog is Black and White and has the New York skyline at the top of the page. Hint, hint?
    https://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/index.php

Last edited:

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Isshu could easily be based on NYC or Shanghai:
    Spoiler:

Right now there's no completely solid evidence showing which is more likely, and Isshu could easily be based on some other location that nobody has thought of.

Years
  • Isshu could easily be based on NYC or Shanghai:
    Spoiler:

Right now there's no completely solid evidence showing which is more likely, and Isshu could easily be based on some other location that nobody has thought of.
    Look at all the docks Manhattan has, they match up with Hiun. New York's shape is also a much better fit, and it didn't have to be distorted. The New York area is also the same relative size as past Japanese regions used.

Back