• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kanto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumnfox

Go with the wind~
Years
  • ooc: Holy cows I'm late. ._. You guys post fast.

bic:
    Day 1

Cris stood at the entrance at Route 1, the closest route near Pallet Town. Recently, she had just visited Professor Oak, one of the most acclaimed Pokemon professors in all of Kanto, and maybe even the rest of the world as well. He had told her about the tournaments that were coming up very soon, and some information about Yagamoto. She didn't care for the part about Yagamoto, but the bringing up of the tournaments caught her attention. Upon hearing this, Cris became very excited. She had wanted to enter in the tournaments ever since she had received her starter, Kaire; however she couldn't do so until she had caught a second Pokemon.

"In order to enter the tournament," she said, looking down at her Mudkip, "we need to catch another Pokemon. Are you ready?"

Kaire nodded slowly, with a hint of regret in his eyes.

"Alright then, let's go!" Cris, without hesitation, sprinted into the near grass patch she could find. Kaire shook his head, and reluctantly followed his trainer.

----

"I can't find anything that I want to catch, Kaire." Cris, frustrated, sat in the grass. "We better find something soon, or else we can't enter in the tournament..."

Her Mudkip walked to Cris and sat down next to her, looking frustrated as well.

"Poo," she said
    "it seems like we didn't get anything done today. Except talk to Professor Oak. It looks like we have to..." Suddenly, her eyes widened, like she had just seen a certain miracle performed right in front of her. She picked up Kaire and said to him, "Do you see that, Kaire? That's the kind of Pokemon I've been looking for!" She pointed at a small brown racoon-like which was standing on its tail. "It's so cute! I wonder what it is?" She immediately pulled out her Pokedex.

"Sentret, the Scout Pokemon." it said, nonchalantly as it usually did. "
    It has a very nervous nature. It stands up high on its tail so it can scan wide areas."

"Kaire, use Water Gun on it to get its attention," Cris said to the Mudkip. Nodding its head, Kaire jumped down from Cris's arms. In an instant, a blast of water came from his mouth, hitting the Sentret and making it lose its balance. It fell down, and struggled to get back up again.

"I think we almost got 'im!" Cris whispered at Kaire. Kaire turned his head and nodded his agreement. As soon as he did this, the Sentret used Headbutt and knocked Kaire off his feet. "Muudd!" Kaire cried as the Headbutt's impact had hit his chest.

"Crap!" Cris cried, "Kaire, use Tackle on it!" Kaire looked hurt, but he got up. He rushed to the wild Sentret, ready to pounce on it. However, the Sentret dodged the attack, making Kaire miss and land in the grass. Sentret then bounced on its tail and used another Headbutt on Kaire. This time it really did some damage on Kaire, almost making him close to fainting.

"Kaire!" Cris's voice was sounding worried. "Use Mud Shot!" She knew that if this Sentret defeated Kaire, both of them would be screwed. Plus, she couldn't bear to handle the fact that her trained Mudkip was defeated by a Lv. 3 or 4 Sentret.

Kaire, weakly, released a large blast of mud and hit the Sentret. It fell on the ground, and struggled to get up. "Here's our chance, Kaire!" Cris said, immediately putting her hand in her bag. She pulled out a Pokeball, with the simple red and white design on it. She threw it at the Sentret, while yelling, "Go Pokeballl!!!" Suddenly, Sentret had disappeared inside the ball. It landed on the ground, shaking wildly.

Kaire and Cris stared at the wildly thrashing ball, hoping to Arceus that she would capture it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Jake continued his quick pace onto his journey, and in no time he was in the bustling and hustling nature of Route 1. Filled with a bunch of traffic and lively people, Jake was excited for the new point of view and experiences. He wanted to get to Viridian City as soon as possible, as he heard about the tournament to happen in just two more days.

I'm getting there as fast as possible. None of that chitchat garbage. I want to get away from home as quickly as I can, and I want powerful Pokemon. Nothing is going to stand in my way.

Jake quickly emerged into the large center of Route 1, where he saw a few trainers gathering around, and one was walking towards him.

"The name's John," the kid started. "You look weak. Battle me, NOW."

"Hmph, cockiness doesn't look good on you. Bring it on." Jake replied

Little does HE know that I've already battled a few times. What a chump.

John quickly threw his Pokeball into the air, where a bright white light appeared. Out came a bird Pokemon that Jake had fought a few times. Jake decided to hold his Pokedex out for additional info, though.

The Kanto Journeys

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back. Its moves include Tackle, Sand Attack, and Gust.

Jake threw his Pokeball into the air as well, where his Chimchar Vulcan appeared in the same bright light.

This is going to be cake.

"Pidgey, use Tackle Attack!!" John ordered out.

"Wait for my command Vulcan."

God, I've fought this ugly bird once already, it is so predictable. I already know what to do, as does Vulcan.

Pidgey charged in to Vulcan at a medium speed, and Vulcan just sat there. It was waiting for his command, but it had the look in his eye that he knew what was coming.

"Ember." Jake called out when Pidgey reached a close range.

Little fiery blasts came out of Vulcan's mouth, and clearly Pidgey wasn't prepared for it. With the close range, more damage was dealt, and it was quite apparently just looking at Pidgey's wings. They were charred a bit, and it started to limp.

"Pidgey, use Gust attack!!!"

Pidgey mustered its strength to unleash the powerful vortex of wind, but Pidgey's hurt wings hindered its power. Sadly for Jake, he had never seen the attack before, as the one previously didn't have it. The vortex flung at Vulcan quickly, and Vulcan couldn't move in time. It landed a direct hit, and Vulcan hit a tree. It stood back up, but it was clear that it wasn't at full strength.

"Vulcan, Scratch attack!!!"

Vulcan charged straight at Pidgey, relentlessly and with a lot of force backing it up. His paws had claws erected from them, and they reflected the image of Pidgey. John had an idea up his sleeve though.

"Sand Attack its eyes!!"

Pidgey flung sand straight at Vulcan, but Vulcan had other plans. He hacked and slashed the sand out of its direction, where it was still a clear shot. Vulcan quickly advanced on Pidgey, and it Scratched Pidgey until he ran out of endurance. At that point, Vulcan quickly backed up, with Pidgey lying on the ground, pulling what strength it had left to counterattack.

Jeez, I didn't even order Vulcan to do that. Apparently it is a lot smarter than I would have thought him to be.

"Tackle once more Pidgey!"

"Scratch again Vulcan!"

The two Pokemon charged quickly at each other, where the two attacks collided. Dirt was shot up, and the cloud of dust stood still for at least 2 minutes. Nothing could be seen at all, and neither trainer had a clue what to do. They decided silently to wait until they could again see, and then resume the battle.

The cloud finally cleared, and both trainers were astonished. Both Pokemon had their heads pushed into the others, exchanging light blows on the other. Neither was even doing damage anymore, it was more of a pride situation. Eventually, both backed up, and collapsed to the ground. They mustered their strength to stand once more. Vulcan remained on his feet, while Pidgey collapsed.

I knew it. That outcome isn't surprising in the least bit to me.

John quickly returned Pidgey to its Pokeball, and started to walk towards Jake, hand extended outwards. Jake extended his arm out as well, but quickly pulled away, and touched his hand to his hair. Both knew that old trick, and both started to laugh a little.

"Good match," John said happily.

"Yeah, but the outcome wasn't surprising at all! LAME!!!" Jake said with the utmost sarcasm possible, that John quickly recognized.

John walked away with his dignity still intact, as he had put up a great fight. Jake let Vulcan walk around with him on his shoulder. He deserved a little fresh air. Jake quickly resumed to his plan of getting to Virdian City as quickly as possible, and didn't waste any time at all. He ran as fast as he could, until the lights and skyscrapers could be seen. He decided to bypass the attractions, and head directly to the League of Champions to register. Jake was quickly told that he needed 2 Pokemon to register, so he decided to just heal Vulcan up first.

"Of course I'll heal your Pokemon," Nurse Joy said with a smile. "It will be my pleasure."

"Thank you Nurse Joy."

Jake decided to wander around a bit before picking up Vulcan again. He saw the entrance to Virdian Forest, and the grass around the League of Champions. There weren't many trainers around yet, so Jake thought it was the perfect opportunity to catch some Pokemon. Jake returned to Nurse Joy an hour later, where Vulcan was already healed.

"It's slow right now, and with only one Pokemon it doesn't take too long," Nurse Joy said happily.

"I assumed as much." Jake replied.

Jake strutted out the door, and decided to look in the grass around the League of Champions first to catch his second addition to his team.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Autumnfox:
    Spoiler:

By the way, this RP works like the anime.

NOTE: I WON'T BE ONLINE FOR A GOOD PERIOD OF TIME FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. SCARECROW CAN GRADE YOUR POSTS SINCE I HAVE MAJOR FINALS.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • "Just three more days…" Dante muttered to himself. "Three more days until the Viridian Champion Tournament begins. The Yagamoto… they will be here, as always, I'm sure." He paced back and forth, near the tall grass at the entrance of the League of Champions. It was a favourite place of his, whenever he needed to think. He has grown to frequent it more and more often. His Charmander, Aerion, was taking a nap under the shade of a tree, periodically breathing out small gouts of flame. The wind rustled the leaves in the tree – an old maple, which Dante knew well. It was almost dusk on the medium-sized city. A temporary peace.

Suddenly, the grass rustled a little more wildly than normal. A dark purple shape swept out of the grass like a tempest; a quite mischievous tempest, at that. Dante glanced over with interest.

"Hmm. A Pokemon. I'll need to catch one in any case for the tournament, so why not start now?" Getting up, Dante gestured to his Charmander, Aerion. "Oiii! Wake up. You've got someone waiting for- WHOA!" As Aerion struggled in his sleep, Dante was assaulted by the purple shape, revealed to be scorpion-like. He fell over. "Gar!" Its claws glowed a shimmering white before it brought them both down in a perfect arc. Dante rolled back on the ground, dodging the attack. "Aerion!" The Charmander, awakened by the struggle, sprang up instantly when his trainer called his name. "Ember!" Dante backed up even further, as the purple gargoyle-scorpionesque thing faced off against his Charmander. Pulling out a Pokedex, Dante flashed the unknown Pokemon.

The Kanto Journeys

GLIGAR, THE FLYSCORPION POKEMON. It builds its nest on a steep cliff. When it is done gliding it hops along the ground back to its nest.

"So, a Gligar. Nice to meet you, Gligar." Dante smiled. Making friends with Pokemon was important, and making friends with enemy Pokemon even more so. "Unfortunately, I'll be forced to battle you. After all, I do need another companion at least to join the tournament. So, with out further ado… I introduce you to my friend, Aerion." Dante gestured at his Charmander, who grinned. "Don't get hurt too much, but if you do, I'll take you to a Pokemon Centre. Now, Aerion, Scratch!"

The Charmander's claws glowed white before flying towards the Gligar, who nimbly glided out of the attack's way and countered with a glowing claw that threatened to chomp down on Aerion's neck. Nearby, Dante spectated and scanned the attack. "Careful there, Aerion! That's Guillotine! A high-powered one-strike attack!" But it missed, thankfully, and the feud continued.

"Ember, Aerion!" Dante commanded, and his Charmander blasted a gout of flame at the Gligar, who attempted to jump out of the way. But it didn't jump far enough, and the flame – meant for a direct hit, only scorched its right wing. Now, it seemed to be angrier than before, as a mischievous smirk was put on its face. Was that anger or happiness? Dante couldn't tell, and obviously neither could his Charmander. Suddenly, it released the same attack as before – the dreaded Guillotine. This time, though, it was much more powerful and Aerion had to retreat for four quick steps before Gligar's claw slammed into the dirt, only inches in front of the Charmander. Dante, seizing this momentary opportunity of paralysis, called to his Charmander. "Aerion, pin him down! Metal Claw!" His Charmander happily obliged, forming three blades of energy as hard as steel and slamming his claw down on the Gligar, who was immobilized but still managed to fire off an X-Scissor, which managed to catch Aerion off guard and knock the Charmander over.

Just as the Gligar was about to get up, Dante used this moment to throw his Pokeball, which he had already readied when the battle first started. The Gligar gave Dante a look of surprise – but slight mischief, too – before being engulfed into the ball as a red mass of squirming energy.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • Owe continued down the road, the sun still beating down on her face. She reached into her backpack for a water bottle and some sort of item that would cool her down and protect her from the hot, crisp sunlight. She remembered that she had no time for idling about. Viridian City's tournament was coming up soon and they were only going to allow a certain number of trainers to enter.

"Wow, is it hot or what out here? What do you think Edan?" Owe asked as she grabbed her water bottle and proceeded to take a few sips.

"Cynda…" Edan replied with a sarcastic look on its face. Edan was a Fire-type Pokemon after all, so of course it wouldn't think much of the temperature.

"Whew…I needed that. So refreshing!" Owe remarked with a glow in her face.

She sat down on a patch of grass and reached in her backpack, pulling out her newly received Pokedex. She turned to Edan and pointed her Pokedex towards it.

~Pokedex~

The Kanto Journeys
    The Kanto Journeys

*Cyndaquil – The Fire Mouse Pokemon

It usually stays hunched over. If it is angry or surprised, it shoots flames out of its back.*

"That didn't really tell me much…Well, I guess it's better to learn about your Pokemon firsthand anyways! Hm, I wonder what attacks you can do…" Owe said thoughtfully.

An unusual rustle was heard in the bushes nearby. Then came a strange noise coming from the trees above. "Is it a Pokemon?" Owe thought to herself. The mysterious Pokemon jumped out of the trees and smacked Owe right in the face.

"OW! Can you watch where you're landing!?" Owe shouted as she rubbed her aching head once more.

"Sentret!" The brown ferret-like Pokemon cried as it landed on the ground with its long tail.

"Cyndaaaaaa!" Edan exclaimed as it released a powerful Ember towards the opposing Sentret.

"Sentret?! Sentret, Sentret!" Sentret yelled as it unleashed a menacing Growl that pierced the blazing Ember.

Then, Sentret leaped up and prepared to attack with a Headbutt.

"Edan, quick, Ember on the ground!" Owe ordered.

Edan's flames on its back burst as it exhaled a destructive Ember upon the ground. The Ember caused Edan to fly high up into the air, leaving Sentret to ram its head right into a nearby rock. Edan then turned towards Sentret while still in mid-air, and released another Ember right on its back.

"SENTREEEET!!" Sentret yelped as it was helplessly burned by the flames.

"Hmm..maybe I should catch it for the tournament…Alright, Pokeball, it's up to you now!" Owe shouted as she threw the Pokeball head on.

"Sentret!" Sentret cried as it was surrounded by a red light that sucked it in and went back inside the Pokeball.

Years
  • Crap, I have to grade? XD

Cirrus:
    Spoiler:

Candy Christina:
    Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Jake quickly let Vulcan out of its Pokeball while they both searched for Pokemon. A Pokemon's intuition is just as important as a trainer's senses. Jake and Vulcan were actually having trouble finding anything at this point. It seemed the superfluous amount of Pokemon seemed to have dropped a little. Jake, disappointed enough, thought it was time to go look elsewhere, until Vulcan pulled on his shorts.

"Char! Chimchar!" Vulcan said with anxiety, as it pointed over to Jake's right. Jake looked over quickly, and saw a little Pokemon emerging. It was blue, and its head was gray, almost looking like hair. Jake held out his Pokedex.

The Kanto Journeys
    Bagon, the Rock Head Pokemon. Dreaming of one day flying, it practices by leaping off cliffs every day. It is a dragon type Pokemon, and its moves are Dragon Claw, Dragonbreath, Metal Claw, and Dig.

Wow, what a tough Pokemon. It would fit my team very well. Looks like I'm going after my first catch!

Vulcan knew what was about to happen. It quickly jumped in front of Bagon, taunting it a little. Bagon quickly moved into battling position, and it looked determined. Its hands turned silver and shiny, metallic.

A Metal Claw eh? Thankfully Steel type moves don't damage Fire types much!

"Alright Vulcan, wait for it to hit you once, then counterattack it with a Scratch attack!"

Vulcan stood in its place, just watching Bagon come at him. It was actually quite fast from what it would appear to be, and Jake was shocked and happy all at once: If he caught it, he'd have one heck of a Bagon. Bagon charged Vulcan, and landed a blow. Vulcan was barely phased by the hit. It barely even budged him. Instead, Vulcan raised his paws, watched the claws extend, and slashed at Bagon multiple times. His blows were relentless, and Bagon was shot backwards. Jake hadn't noticed that it used its head to take the shots, so Bagon just bounced right back up. Damage was dealt, but not as much as planned.

Bagon quickly retaliated by using a Dragonbreath attack. Jake knew that he really only had one option to the attack: Counterattack. Dodging would be senseless, as Bagon could continually unleash the attack until Vulcan was tired out.

"Ember Vulcan!"

The fiery blasts launched directly into the purplish-orange breathe. The moment the two collided, it seemed a little energy ball formed between the two. It kept growing larger and larger, until the ball exploded. A thin cloud of dust was shot up, but there was still visibility. Both Bagon and Vulcan were shot into trees behind them. They weren't hurt from each other's attack as much as the landing itself. They are just little Pokemon anyways. Both quickly pulled themselves together, as neither was going to give any ground to the other. They were both determined as could be, and they didn't want to lose.

Bagon's claw started to glow again, but this time the same color as the Dragonbreath attack. It was time for a Dragon Claw, and Jake went with the most sensible move this time around: Dodging. He quickly ordered Vulcan to dodge the attack, where he dodged with a surprising amount of grace. Bagon was lurched forward from the force of its own attack, and it landed on its head. It quickly bounced back up and reversed its direction. Vulcan dodged once more, but this time Bagon was smart: It anticipated the movement, and jabbed its claw upwards, hitting Vulcan in midair. Vulcan was hurt, and was pseudo-flying. Bagon sat down for a moment, jealous of Vulcan. It decided to use Dragon Claw on the ground, and launched itself into the sky. It extended its arms, and just enjoyed the moment.

I hate to ruin its fun, but I need to take advantage of its moment of weakness.

"Tackle Vulcan!"

Vulcan was somehow above Bagon in the first place, possibly from being launched higher than Bagon was. It used both its own power and gravity to gain speed on Bagon, where he quickly rammed it into the ground, stomach first. It wasn't giving it the easy way out this time around. Vulcan landed on its feet, standing above Bagon.

Bagon hatched up a new plan though. It avoided what Vulcan wanted, and burrowed into the ground. It was using a Dig attack, the only move Jake hadn't seen. Jake was shocked to see it move underground as fast as it did, and he was getting worried for the shot.

This isn't good. It can come up at any time, and Vulcan doesn't even know where it is going to come from at all. It could keep us sweating for a while for all we know. We've just got to-

Jake's thoughts were quickly cut off, as Bagon emerged from underground quite quickly. Jake couldn't even react in time to think of a strategy to combat with Dig. It just came out of the ground and wailed on Vulcan. Ground type moves, being quite effective on fire types, clearly meant that damage was going to be dealt. Just from looking over, Jake could see that Vulcan was wincing in pain. Either way, he wasn't giving up. Vulcan got back on his feet. Now things were personal, and Vulcan decided it was all or nothing at that point.

Bagon burrowed underground again. Jake anticipated that, and had already started thinking about a counterattack on Bagon. It took a few seconds, but it came to him quickly. On his command, Vulcan was to use Ember into the hole that was left behind by Bagon's Dig. The fiery blasts were directed through Bagon's burrow, and it hit him directly. It was quite obvious when the tunnel lit up from the impact. Bagon quickly came out of the ground, and laid above it. The fire hurt it, even though dragon types resist fire. It was holding onto its left paw, and Jake could tell that the heat had burned it. Weakening its attacks, Jake knew from this point on he had the advantage.

Jake decided to actually start the attacks this time. He called out another Tackle attack, but to use the environment to his advantage. Vulcan quickly bounced off of trees, trying to gain both speed and force. Bagon stood in place dazed, and it lost track of Vulcan. Little did it know Vulcan ended up behind it, and it used a powerful Tackle right into Bagon's back. It clearly did a bunch of damage, as Bagon was launched into the air with more force than anticipated.

Bagon decided to use that to its advantage though. It quickly turned itself around, and used the same strategy Jake and Vulcan just used. It bounced around the trees, gaining even more force than that of Vulcan's Tackle. It quickly charged in with a Dragon Claw attack. Even with its power weakened from its burn, it was more than enough to knock Vulcan into the ground, damaging it greatly. Vulcan still refused to give up ground though, as did Bagon. Both stood in place panting. They knew that they didn't have much left within them, and would have to only launch one more two more attacks.

Bagon dug underground again. Jake didn't want to try to use the same strategy twice in a row, as it could very well fail in the end. He decided to have Vulcan climb the nearest tree, away from the ground, where Bagon couldn't hit it with Dig. Bagon came up quickly, and just launched into the air. Bagon was filled with joy, as it was pseudo-flying once again. Jake decided to let it have its fun this time, as Jake thought of a little detail: Having that much fun, it won't think enough to land properly. Jake predicted correctly, and Bagon landed stomach-first onto the ground, where it cried in pain once more.

It knew it was losing, so it was time for something drastic. Bagon looked at both of his claws, and hatched a plan. His left one was charged with a Metal Claw, while the right one was a Dragon Claw.

It can do both attacks at once? Dear lord, that amazing! Of course, it wouldn't have learned that WITHOUT ME or anything!

Bagon just charged Vulcan directly, climbing the tree in the process. Vulcan was hit from behind from both attacks. He was launched into the air, where Bagon jumped up and hit him again, launching him further into the sky. Vulcan landed head-first, and seemed to be out of the match. Still remembering how personally this fight had become, Vulcan scrounged together what strength it had left, and stood up.

Vulcan, without order, launched an Ember at Bagon. It was a lot bigger than what it was earlier, and Jake didn't really know what was happening. He gathered information from the Pokedex.

Chimchar's special ability is Blaze. When the Pokemon that has Blaze is down on its last energy, an extra power boosts kicks in and multiplies to power of its Fire type moves.

This is just perfect. A super powered Ember should be more than enough to do the job that it needs.

Bagon counterattacked with a Dragonbreath. Once again, the two moves collided. This time, however, it seemed to be a power struggle: The two attacks moved back and forth, waiting for the other to give out. 3 minutes had passed, and the attacks were still colliding within each other. Suddenly, a bright orange-red light shot out of the Ember, and pushed Bagon's Dragonbreath back towards it. The charged Ember hit Bagon directly, and it knocked it to the ground.

Bagon attempted to stand back up. When it reached its feet, it started wobbling back and forth, and it fell back to the ground. Jake threw one of his Pokeballs at Bagon, where in a red beam of light, Bagon was pulled into the ball. It started shaking back and forth…

Last edited:
    Years
  • Jake:
    Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • …Until finally the Pokeball stopped shaking. Jake walked over to the calm Pokeball, and held it in his arms. He walked back over to Vulcan, with a large grin on his face. Jake had made his first catch, and he was darn proud of it.

"Great job Vulcan, you put up one of your best fights you have yet, and you got us this Bagon. First off, we need to get the two of you healed up. I know for a fact she is exhausted, and you definitely appear to be too." Jake said calmly.

Jake took Vulcan's Pokeball off of his belt, and returned him. He then grabbed the cross around his neck.

I'm really doing it mom. It's actually happening, and going well too.

Jake quickly set off back to the Pokemon Center to heal his companions. They were both exhausted, and Jake knew he had them both pushed to their limits. Nurse Joy was already outside, sitting on a bench.

"If I may make a recommendation, I'd register for the tournament first. They need to physically see that you have two Pokemon, whether they are just in their Pokeballs or not." Nurse Joy said with a smile.

"Thank you Nurse Joy," Jake replied gratefully.

Jake decided he didn't want to waste anymore time either. He hauled over to the registration desk, where he quickly put up his Pokeballs onto the counter.

"I'm back!" Jake called out.

"I can see that. And with two Pokemon this time as well," The receptionist answer. "I just need to see your Pokedex to make sure you are an official trainer, and it will allow me to register you."

Jake handed over his red Pokedex to the receptionist, where in a matter of moments Jake was signed up for the tournament.

"You are actually one of our first ten trainers to register. Didn't want to waste any time getting here did you?"

Jake's face turned into a small smirk, and he answered, "Yeah, this tournament would be nothing without me!"

The receptionist quickly recognized the small sarcasm, and set Jake off on his way with his registration ticket. He was also told he could stay the night at the Pokemon Center for the duration of the tournament.

Jake quickly headed back over to Nurse Joy, where he handed her his Pokemon. Jake then went into one of the vacant rooms. It was already dark outside, and the stars and moon were shining brightly.

Tomorrow is another day, with another companion to come. Maybe even two if I'm lucky..

END OF DAY 1(OOC: Short little filler post to end the day XD)

TheAmazingFightingPeanut

Possibly 7 kinds of awesome.
    Years
  • ooc: Holy cows I'm late. ._. You guys post fast.

I know how you feel, though I just knew I was the slow one, rather than everyone else being fast.

((And now we return you to your regularly scheduled IC roleplay))

Day 1
    -------

Jack and Willow trudged Southwards through the high grass of Route 1, the midday sun beating down harshly on their backs, but failing to slow them down even a step. After nearly a four day journey from Lavender Town, they were finally closing in on their destination: Pallet Town, the town of new beginnings. As the buildings in the distance drew closer, Jack could feel faint echoes of emotion from rookie trainers who have passed through this very town on their first journey. He felt anxiety, fear and longing hang heavy around him, but they were by far outweighed by more cheerful emotions of excitement, hope, confidence and a lust for discovery.

As Jack finally came upon Proffessor Oak's laboratory he leaned against the wall next to the door for a few minutes to catch his breath before going inside. "Next time we'll just take the boat, eh Willow?" he proposed. The tiny orange bird chirped with agreement. Jack swung open the door as Willow hopped into the lab. Ladies first after all, even if the lady in question happens to be a 5 lb, fire breathing, flightless bird. "Sorry for barging in," Jack called to no one in particular. Almost immediately he was approached by one of the many scientists scurrying about the lab, all doing sciencey things. Jack wasn't sure exactly what it was they were doing, nor did he really care that much.

"Ah, I see we have another rookie here," said the lady scientist, somewhat dispassionately. She was tall and not unattractive with green hair and eyes, though Jack felt she seemed drained. Simply judging by her surroundings, Jack pictured her as the sort of woman who had to fend off attempts at butt-grabbery from some of her more unscrupulous co-workers at least once a week. The absent-minded thought made Jack grit his teeth, but he snapped back into reality as he heard her voice again. " -essor Oak, right?"

"I'm sorry, uh, could you repeat that please?"

The scientist sighed, "If you're here to see Professor Oak, his office is straight at the end of this hallway." She pointed a slender finger towards an open door at the end of a short hallway. Jack could make out a white labcoat with brown slacks moving around inside.

"Ah, thank you ma'am," he bowed his head to her and made his way down the hallway, Willow following closely behind.

Jack knocked twice on the open door to get Oak's attention. Oak looked up from his computer setup and smiled at the boy. "Hello there young man. I would assume you're here looking to become a Pokemon trainer?"

"You assume correctly, Professor," Willow pecked at Jack's leg, her signal that she wants to be picked up. Jack reached down and allowed her to climb up his arm to rest on his shoulder, like a pirate captain's pet parrot. "Willow and I have come all the way from Lavender Town for me to get an official trainer's license. Took us three and a half days to do it, but here we are."

"Three and a half days?" questioned Oak, "You must have taken a very slow boat."

"Aheh, actually we walked here," Jack tried to continue the inconsequential small talk. It seemed to help disguise the fact that he was speaking with possibly the most famous figure in the field of Pokezoology. "Grandfather insisted on the 'scenic' route, through Rock Tunnel, Mount Moon and Viridian Forest. I'll have to remind myself to never listen to him again."

"Really? It seems you've had quite the adventure already before you've even started." The Professor was said to enjoy talking with promising young trainers, especially if he could recruit them into assisting him in his world famous 'Pokedex' project: a massive encyclopedia of every kind of Pokemon in existence. Even now, the professor seemed to be doing just that. He pulled a sleek, red and black device from his desk drawer, obviously one of the handheld computers that almost all trainers most often, though somewhat incorrectly, refer to as the 'Pokedex' itself.

Jack knew what the thing did. He hadn't lived his life under a rock after all. The device captures an image of a Pokemon with it's camera, then wirelessly searches Professor Oak's staggeringly huge database for similar Pokemon, and regurgitates the information found back to the trainer in mere seconds, said information even read back aloud for those few trainers with vision problems. New information found in the field can be effortlessly sent to the database by trainers through the device, where it is verified by teams of scientists that perform the actual modification of the database based on past information and accounts delivered by countless other trainers. Essentially, the project is a gigantic version of Wikipedia for Pokemon, but without the trolling. These devices had become so much a part of so many trainers' lives over the decades that newer versions of the Pokedex device even incorporated cell-phones into them, and each one now additionally serves as a trainer's legal identification.

"What is your name, young man?"

"Jack Alexander King, sir." The professor fiddled with the device, undoubtedly keying the thing to his identification. When he was finished, Oak raised the Pokedex up to Jack so that the camera lens was level with his face. Jack tried to force a weak smile just before a flash went off in the corner of the device.

So that's why Pokemon trainers' ID photos are so horrible. Jack thought to himself as he blinked the colored bubbles from his eyes. Willow shook herself on his shoulder, obviously trying to do the same thing. The professor handed him the Pokedex device, as well as a small case of six Pokeballs, conveniently compressed in size.

"There you go, Jack. You are now officially a Pokemon trainer, and, conveniently, you already seem to have a starter Pokemon. If you like, I can register you for the upcoming Viridian City Tournament. It only happens once a year, so if you want to sign up, you should say so before you leave." Jack knew about the annual Pokemon battle tournaments held in Saffron city where he grew up. He didn't know until now that other cities held these tournaments as well. The timing of this one didn't even coincide with the Saffron tournament either. He always thought the Pokemon trainers in Saffron were tough, so he wondered what the tournament scene would look like here, halfway across the region.

"I don't know if I'm ready for a full-fledged tournament yet... I mean, I only found Willow a few days ago-"

"Nonsense. I've had rookies younger than you sign up for it the day they get their first Pokemon." Oak twirled a pen between his fingers, "To rookies, the tournament itself is more of a learning experience than a real test of skill. Most don't honestly expect to win with just the few Pokemon they caught in the few days before the event, but the tournament helps them to identify what skills they have and what weaknesses they need to learn to cover. It's also a great way for young trainers to meet others like themselves, rather than simply wandering aimlessly across the region."

"I'm still not sure. I mean, big crowds tend to make me sick. Like, really physically ill..." The professor seemed disappointed.

"Hm... It's probably for the best then." Oak got up from his seat and began pacing about the office. "Even aside from that, recently a very dangerous group of people have been entering the tournaments. They've been brutally training and enhancing their Pokemon to compete with the elite trainers at the Indigo Plateau tournament, though we're not yet entirely sure to what end. If you find anyone claiming to work for an organization called Yagamoto, you should stay away from them as best you can."

At the mention of 'Yagamoto', Willow suddenly shook herself and pecked at Jack's ear to get his attention. Quietly, she chirped something into his ear that Jack understood as "That was the name of the men that took my mother!" Jack asked her if she was really sure about that as she insistently nodded and chirped in the affirmative. Professor Oak briefly looked over at the short conversation between the two before Jack stood up with a determined look on his face.

"Professor, sign me up."

Anemone

break through the sky
    Years
  • Day 1 - Hannah

[OOC: You stated it before? I must be blind, didn't catch it.
    I'm way late already! o_o; I'll just.. hurry it up. Catch my first Pokémon soon after this. 8D So um, I'm sorry I kind of ignored TheAmazingFightingPeanut! I just wanted to get the startup over with.. I can meet up with you later if you'd like ^^;
    Now BIC.]

Day 1: My first Pokémon!

''Darnit! How can I be late on such an important day?! Stupid ferry..''
    So said Hannah, riding her bike as fast as she could towards Pallet Town. She'd be getting her first own Pokémon today, from none other than the famous Professor Oak! She was so excited, yet quite stressed out because it was already past 5 in the afternoon. ''Ooooh, what if I'm too late?!''

She almost crashed into the wall when she finally reached Professor Oak's Lab. Quickly putting her bike against it, Hannah ran inside, nearly bumping into one of the AIDs, too. ''Where do you think you're going, miss?!''
    ''Sorry! ... Professor Oak!'' She ran further, until she finally stopped in a room with loads of machines and closets full of Pokéballs. She looked around for a bit, still panting for breath.
    ''Ah, you must be one of the new trainers... What was your name, again?''
    A familliar voice spoke up, and out came Professor Oak. ''Professor!'' Hannah let out a relieved sigh. Now for making a better first impression.. She stood upright and softly cleared her throat. She was getting nervous, too.. ''... Err, my name is Hannah. I'm here for my first Pokémon today...''

___

Afterwards, Hannah came out again. It must've been way later already, the sun was already far out west. Hannah sighed. ''I really was late after all.. But I did get my very first Pokémon!'' She smiled, throwing up the Pokéball and letting her new friend out: A young Squirtle. Hannah took out her Pokédex to hear what it was about..

''Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokémon. When it's born, its back swells and hardens into a shell. This is not just for protection. Its rounded shape and the grooves on its surface minimize resistance in water, enabling Squirtle to swim at high speeds.''

''A fast-swimmer Pokémon, is it? You're so cute, too! I think I'll call you.. Kamechu. How's that? Do you like it?''
    Squirtle nodded and sprayed out bubbles in the air, jumping around happily. Hannah couldn't help but laugh. Yet, she was a bit worried too.. She had talked with Professor Oak for a pretty long time, or at least she thought so. He had warned her; there was this evil organization out there, calling themselves Yagamoto. Trying to create the 'ultimate Pokémon', this group could be quite dangerous. What's more, there was THE Pokémon Tournament starting in just two days! Hannah wasn't good at fighting yet, she thought there would be loads of incredible people signing up, and you had to have at least two Pokémon, too. So, nothing else to do but catch a new one within two days! Hannah sighed. So much to do, so little time.
    At that, Hannah asked Squirtle which he would like best; going back in his Pokéball or sitting on the back of her bike. Squirtle nodded and said its name for a few times. Hannah did understand, and thus they set off towards Route 1, Hannah riding her bike, and Squirtle holding on to her shirt tightly.

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Dante watched in slow, grim anticipation as the Pokeball he threw rolled around for what seemed like an eternity. At last, it rolled to a slow standstill, and he bent down to the grass to pick it up from the terrain. It lay cool in his hand, a smooth sphere. "A good catch." Dante mused. "A welcome addition to my team; Aerion perfectly complements it by beating down the Ice type Pokemon that give this Gligar so much trouble. On another note… I should probably cheer right now, because this is my first catch. So, hooray. Ah, and Aerion, you deserve a treat." Dante smiled warmly to his Charmander, and grabbed a small plastic sealable bag out of the right pocket of his uniform-like jacket. In it were encased several confections made of flour and elaborately crafted into all sorts of shapes; among them were a peach, several white orbs on a stick, and a deep red sphere, obviously sticky because of its coherence to the aforementioned bag. Dante extracted the pseudo-kebab-shaped confection and handed it to Aerion, who promptly grinned back at Dante and toasted the confection with a well-aimed Ember attack. In seconds, the smell of spices filled the air; the pungent aroma of herbs mixed with the sweet scent of soy sauce and cooked starch. Dante sat back down again, under the tree, watching his Pokemon eat. Suddenly, he remembered about his newly caught Gligar. Reaching for its ball, now inside one of his pockets, he pressed the button that would allow his Pokemon to come outside. "Gligar! I choose you!"

The scorpion-bat shaped Pokemon appeared in front of Dante with a wide smirk, tongue sticking out of the left side of its face. It saw the packet of food that Dante was holding, and its smirk widened as it extended a claw, as if begging for something to eat – or simply a gesture that it wanted food. Dante patted the Gligar and gave it a peach-shaped confection, which it munched on happily after his Charmander roasted it for Gligar with another blast of heat. "Having a Charmander friend can be quite convenient, eh?" Dante observed, halfheartedly.

By now, though, it seems that some wild Pokemon have smelled the food too; as dusk slowly descended and day faded into night, so too did two shapes fade into Dante's sight. Hidden behind a tall grass, two vague shapes were squeaking and growling back and forth. Finally, after several seconds of convening, they sprang forward and revealed themselves to be an armor-covered yellow shrew and a baby shark. Dante, watching the two shapes already, stood up again and sighed. "Another battle? Two battles? Ah, well. I'll take you guys home for dinner after this; the local wildlife seems keen on stealing all my mother's cooking. Getting back to the point…" He pulled out his red Pokedex and scanned the two critters competing for his Pokemon's food.

The Kanto Journeys

SANDSHREW – THE MOUSE POKEMON.
    Sandshrew's body is configured to absorb water without waste, enabling it to survive in an arid desert. This Pokémon curls up to protect itself from its enemies.

The Kanto Journeys

GIBLE – THE LAND SHARK POKEMON. It attacks using its huge mouth. While its attacks are powerful, it hurts itself out of clumsiness, too.

"Two more entries! Just 489 left to see." Dante suppressed a slight smile, then released it. "Oh, my. Was that sarcasm?" At this instant, the critters hurled themselves forward at the two Pokemon with food in their hands – or claws, more appropriately. Aerion responded by holding his stick in his left claw and charging up his right for a Metal Claw at his opponent, the Gible, while Gligar – he would need a better name than just his species, Dante thought – held his confection in his mouth while wheeling around to face the Sandshrew, his rival for the delectable treat that he possessed.
    "Let's do this! Aerion, Metal Claw! Gligar- uh, Orwell, X-Scissor!" Dante hastily issued his commands, watching both of the combats at the same time. Aerion delivered his glowing claw attack well enough, but the Gible was just as nimble, dodging most of the brunt of the attack easily and only being nicked slightly on his dorsal fin. Gligar – or, the newly named Gligar named Orwell – was not so lucky, launching an X-Scissor attack at the Sandshrew but missing entirely, the Sandshrew already digging into the dirt.

"Hmm… Orwell, you need to listen to me; to beat your opponent, you cannot just use brute force. Strategy is necessary as well. Now, charge up a Guillotine attack and wait for the mouse to resurface!" Dante confidently ordered his Gligar; it clearly needed a Strategy 101 course badly, even though it possessed excellent attack and defensive power. Redirecting his attention onto his Charmander, he had just enough time to see Aerion being knocked back by a powerful blast of blue air, almost falling to his knees. "Hold your ground, Aerion! Weaken your opponent's defenses with Leer and follow up with a high-powered Metal Claw!" At these commands, Aerion obeyed by glaring at the Gible opposite him, who flinched a little but ran forward anyway, turning itself into a rolling sphere of motion and spun at the Charmander. Aerion followed up, forming three individual blades of power on his claw and consequently slamming it into his rolling opponent. Unfortunately, though this seemed to make the Gible take a toll, it was not heavy enough and Gible whirled into Aerion, sending him flying backwards, dropping his kebab-style snack. It almost fell to the ground, and Dante made an attempt to catch it, but failed; then spun around a second time to catch the stick successfully. By now, Aerion got up again, and it was furious at the Gible. Taking his snack from Dante with a quick nod of appreciation, he began to breathe a jet of fiery embers at the Gible, who was clearly unprepared for this much higher-powered inferno and was engulfed by it momentarily, falling to the ground.

Meanwhile, Gligar's battle with Sandshrew also raged. The Sandshrew resurfaced a few moments after Gligar – or Orwell, one should say – had readied his Guillotine attack, and as the Sandshrew leapt at Orwell in the culmination of the Dig attack, Orwell easily sprang up with a propulsion from his tail and glided over the attempted tackle on the Sandshrew's part, returning the favor by rapidly pushing the aforesaid Guillotine attack forward at the Sandshrew's neck. The Sandshrew rolled over to dodge the attack, and kicked up sand into Orwell's face with his front paws. Orwell blinked, and Sandshrew started rolling himself into a ball; at this precise moment Orwell launched himself, spike forward, at Sandshrew's unprotected belly, somewhat incapacitating Sandshrew further.

"That's enough!" Dante saw no need to continue the battles, and now he threw two Pokeballs at the respective Pokemon, who were engulfed as if by magic and converted into energy, then sent into the technological marvel's interior.

Years
  • Cirrus:
    Spoiler:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • Joce was rudely awakened by a pressure on her chest. She opened her eyes and groaned. She already knew what awakened her, she didn't even have to look. The Bagon from the day before was perched on her chest, looking down on her annoyed form.

"Bagon." it said, poking her with it's paw, trying to get her to wake up and battle.

"Bagon, do you know what time it is?" she asked, groaning as she eased out of bed, Bagon hopping to the floor. "It's like eleven-thirty!"

"Bagon." Bagon answered, walking up to her, looking up with pleading eyes.

"How did you even get in here?" Joce asked, starting to get dressed.

"Baagon." it answered, pointing to the window.

"Should've known." Joce mumbled, brushing out her tangled mess that was her hair and pulling it back into a loose ponytail. She stood up and looked at the patient Bagon and sighed.

"Fine. I give up. I'll meet you outside." she said, opening the door for Bagon to walk through, Joce followed. They walked to a small clearing just outside of Viridian.

"Ok! Tiena! I choose you!" Joce said, throwing her Chikorita's Pokeball out into the clearing.

"Chik! Chikorita!" Tiena said brightly, facing the Bagon in battle stance.

"Ba! Bagon!" Bagon said back, also slippng into it's battle stance.

"Tiena! Use Tackle to start off!" Joce commanded. Tiena nodded and charged at Bagon, full speed. Bagon's claws started to grow white and glowing, it braced itsef for Tiena's attack. As she was about to hit, Bagon jumped to the side and swiped Tiena's side with it's now-long claws.

"That was Metal Claw!" Joce shouted as Tiena cried out and fell to the side. "Quick! Counter it with Razor Leaf!" Tiena jumped up and leaves grew out of the one leaf on her head. They were sent out like boomerangs as Tiena swiped her head back and forth. Bagon jumped back and forth, dodging all but one leaf.

"Again!" Joce yelled. Tiena used Razor Leaf again, and this time Bagon was caught unawares.

"Bagoon!" it screeched, falling to the ground. It then dug into the ground, trying to get away from all the pain.

"It's using Dig, Tiena! Watch yourself, and when the ground starts to shake, jump! The use Vine Whip, mid-air!" Joce told her Pokemon, who nodded and watched for any sign of the Bagon. Finally, the ground becan to shake slightly, and Tiena jumped high into the air. When Bagon surfaced, it was very surprised to find Tiena gone. Vine began to grow out of Tien's back, and Tiena used Vine Whip, hitting the Bagon over and over on the head and back and he fell back to Earth.

"Good job, Tiena!" Joce said as the Chikorita fell back to the ground, bracing herself for Bagon's next attack. The Bagon's mouth opened, and a multicolored light formed in the back of it's throat.

"Bagooooooon!" it yelled as the light shot out of it's mouth, forming a beam of misty-like colored beam which hit Tiena hard.

"Chiikorita!!!" Tiena wailed as the beam threw her backwards and into the solid ground, hard.

"Tiena! Are you ok?" Joce asked her. Tiena nodded weakly and stood up, legs shaking. "Ok! Try and use Razor Leaf!" she told Tiena, worried about her safety. Tiena nodded again, and leaves formed around the one leaf on her head again. She weakly shook her head back and forth to send the leaves flying. They hit the Bagon at less than high speed, they did damage, but not enough to make it faint. "Vine Whip!" Joce's voice sounded desperate as Tiena weakened even more. The Bagon was also very tired and hurt, so he couldn't even attack as Tiena waited for her command, it could only stand and gasp for breath Tiena merely gasped as she grew two vines out of her back. She lept forward with the last of her strength and whipped the BAgon over and over, and it fell over in exhaustion and pain, it's sides heaving for breath. Joce ran forward to Tiena, and picked her up.

"Go! Pokeball!" she yelled as she threw an empty Pokeball at Bagon, who disintigrated into red light. Joce turned back to Tiena as the ball shook. She pulled out a Potion to help Tiena, and sprayed it on her wounds. The wounds healed instantly under the power of the medicine, but Joce knew Tiena would need Nurse Joy to make her completely well again. The Pokeball still shook, whould Tiena's best efforts be in vain? The moon shone down on the Pokeball, stars glittering overhead . . .

WILL SHE CATCH IT?!?!

Last edited:
    Years
  • KillehKiwi:
    Spoiler:

And...Day 2 hasn't started yet. Could you at least change it so Bagon wakes you a bit later in the night or something?

Last edited:

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • "You are not gonna win that easily!" Joce yelled at the frustrated Bagon. "You want to be battled and caught, but yet you break out of the Pokeball. Strange." she said, returning Tiena to her Pokeball. "Have a good rest, girl. I'll have Storm take care of that Bagon." Joce continued as she called sent Storm out to battle. Storm had been watching with interest throughout the battle, and was eager to have her shot at the Bagon.

"Storm! I know this is your first battle, but don't make Tiena's pain in vain! Start with Quick Attack!" Joce yelled out her command, still very worried about Tiena's well being. Storm nodded and lept into action. The air behind her running figure seemed to glow white. Storm bowled into the Bagon, full speed. It knocked both of them into a tumbling, whirling mess, but Storm seemed unharmed. Bagon, however, was already hurt before this battle between him and Storm started, so he took the hit hard.

"Good!" Joce yelled, then saw Bagon's claws glow the same colorful glow that his Dragon Breath move did. "Storm! Brace youself! It's gonna use Dragon Claw! Dodge when it gets close!" Storm nodded and waited and watched. Bagon flew at Pikachu, it's claws still glowing, when it got close enough to hit, the Pikachu jumped up into the air, and the Bagon swiped only the space where Storm had been a moment before.

"Use Thundershock from above!" Joce said up to Storm. Who answered with a ThunderBolt which hit Bagon head on, unawares. It shrieked and fell into Dig, trying to hide, but Joce wasn't having any of that.

"Use Thundershock into the ground! The natural metals in the ground should conduct the electricity and hit Bagon!" Joce explained, and Storm nodded, sending electricity into the hole and into solid ground. Bagon screeched and basically flew up out of the hole, really angry now! It's mouth opened and the multi-colored light of Dragon Breath began to form!

"Use Double Team and surround it!" Joce shouted at Storm, who close her eyes and created multiple copies of itself, confusing Bagon. He let out the light at all the copies, but the actual Storm was not hit, yet. She stood behind him, along with a few more copies.

"Storm! Use Quick Attack and finish this off!" Joce shouted, and the air around her became white again. She flew at Bagon, and hit it from behind, sending it forward. It hit the ground hard, and it lay sprawled out, yet again.

"Go! Pokeball!" Joce yelled, adding "Once again" under her breath as she tossed another Pokeball into the clearing at Bagon. It dissappeared, and the ball beginning to shake. . .

WILL SHE CATCH IT NOW?!?!?

**EDIT: I put Thunderbolt instead of Thundershock on accident, sorry. I also changed my previous post so that it was late at night, not early in the morning.

Last edited:
    Years
  • KillehKiwi:
    Spoiler:

TheAmazingFightingPeanut

Possibly 7 kinds of awesome.
    Years
  • ~ Bidoof: Plump Mouse Pokemon
    [[OOC: Insert picture of Bidoof here, because apparently I'm not allowed]]
    With nerves of steel, nothing can perturb it.
    It is more agile and active than it appears.

Jack began to seriously doubt that first little factoid his Pokedex just gave him. This particular Bidoof was very obviously pissed. You didn't need psychic powers to tell that much. With one chipped incisor and a bruise on it's face, the thing looked like it had been kicked in the mouth by a very cruel person. And if that was the case, who could really blame it for being angry?

Jack had hardly gotten back out onto Route 1 when this vicious little rodent decided it would be a good idea to try and gnaw Jack's toes off with it's one good tooth. Jack knew that Pokemon didn't normally attack people unless under some sort of distress. Perhaps this Pokemon's distress was simply that it never had a chance to enact it's vengeance against whatever gave it that bruise. "Willow, stay back and bombard it with Ember!" On his command, the Torchic unleashed a barrage of small burning bullets from inside her gullet aimed at her foe.

Remaining true to it's Pokedex description, Bidoof showed Jack and Willow just how agile it could be by weaving through Willow's curtain of fire and boldly charged through the fiery bolts raining down upon it. Though Bidoof still took a few hits, Willow's attack did nothing to stop the oncoming Headbutt. Willow flew backwards and into Jack's chest as the brutal attack connected with her stomach. Willow gasped for air for a moment before resuming a rather shaky fighting stance. Aside from those few scratches, Bidoof still had plenty of fight still left.

Bidoof charged again unimaginatively, but this time Jack and Willow were ready for it. "Wait for my signal..." At that moment, Bidoof leapt into the air, adding the force of gravity to it's Tackle charge as it came down upon Willow. "Now Willow! Counter with your own Tackle!" Just as the two Pokemon were about to collide, Willow jumped, delivering a punishing headbutt to her foe and launching Bidoof into the air. Without being ordered, Willow began to warm up another Ember attack, but was too late. Bidoof quickly, and surprisingly gracefully, twisted it's body into a dive, spinning clockwise before plunging underground. Then silence.

Jack had always hated surprises and now it was anyone's guess when Bidoof would emerge again. Jack however, didn't always need to guess. He could't read minds, but he could usually make accurate assumptions about people and Pokemon based on what emotions he could feel from them. At Christmas, his parents usually hid away one of his presents for him to find, and always grew more excited as he was nearing his target. He'd practiced this before, all he needed to do was to concentrate. The ground clouded his perception, but Jack could still feel the Bidoof's psychic echo from underneath: An aura of frustration and determination surrounded Bidoof. A few seconds of concentration showed sinister glee in the Bidoof's aura and Jack inferred that it meant it was right on top of it's target, so to speak.

"Willow, get out of the way now!"
    the little bird hopped away from the spot it was standing on and, almost immediately afterwards, Bidoof had burst from it's tunnel, now hanging in the air confused as to how it's attack had missed. The twang of embarrassment and surprise Jack felt from it told him that even the Bidoof knew it was screwed now. Willow smirked as well as a Pokemon with a beak could and let loose the blazing cocktail it had built up in it's throat earlier. With nowhere to dodge to this time, Bidoof caught the full force of the attack, sending it sailing across the field and skidding across the ground. Without hesitation, Jack snapped open the small case he had gotten from Professor Oak earlier and plucked a Pokeball from the foam before slipping the case back into his pocket. The activated Pokeball grew to the size of a softball in his hand.

"Pokeball... Go!" Jack cried as he pitched the ball with all his might to where the Bidoof had fallen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • TheAmazingFightingPeanut:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back