• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
    Years
    To get them shiny, the best way is to get them from the Eon Ticket. The Latias or Latios that runs around Hoenn has its shininess value determined when you first start the game. So in other words, you'll be encountering the same one every time (and chances are, it won't be shiny).

However, the ones obtained at Southern Island are not predetermined as the ones that run around. Every time you battle a Latias or Latios on Southern Island, the game generates a new one, and every time this happens, there is a small chance that it will be shiny.

So in short, you'll have a better chance of getting a shiny Latias or Latios on Southern Island than on the mainland because you will have more than one try at getting it.
    In response to an earlier question, I think that in terms of music, the Latis would have to like something electronic...maybe New Age with the cool organ/synth type stuff. They both seem geared toward a new, kind of futurist setting. Think about it. Aerodynamic design (in the case of Latios), psychic powers, the ability to turn invisible. Doesn't that seem futuristic?

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Sorry I haven't been in contact this month, so busy you know. I choose Blue for Latios, cause he has very strong Sp. Attack, although I tried Latias now.

And by the way, Ratiasu, that fan-art is WEIRD!!! XD

Whoa what? Which one?

To get them shiny, the best way is to get them from the Eon Ticket. The Latias or Latios that runs around Hoenn has its shininess value determined when you first start the game. So in other words, you'll be encountering the same one every time (and chances are, it won't be shiny).

However, the ones obtained at Southern Island are not predetermined as the ones that run around. Every time you battle a Latias or Latios on Southern Island, the game generates a new one, and every time this happens, there is a small chance that it will be shiny.

So in short, you'll have a better chance of getting a shiny Latias or Latios on Southern Island than on the mainland because you will have more than one try at getting it.
    In response to an earlier question, I think that in terms of music, the Latis would have to like something electronic...maybe New Age with the cool organ/synth type stuff. They both seem geared toward a new, kind of futurist setting. Think about it. Aerodynamic design (in the case of Latios), psychic powers, the ability to turn invisible. Doesn't that seem futuristic?

I'm sorry, but you have that a little backwards. ^^; The Lati that flies around Hoenn is generated as SOON AS YOU WATCH THE TV after beating the E4. I know this first hand as I've saved before that point and soft resetted to get my Timid Latias. She was a different nature (and therefore a different Latias) each time I resetted. It took me around a month for that, so finding a shiny one would take much longer. o_0

On the other hand, the Lati from Southern Island is predetermined, so unless it's shiny the first time you see it, it'll never be shiny.

But yeah, it seems to be a near-general consensus that the Latis would like trance/electronica-type music. xD

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    just did welcome and the way i got my shiny latias is from a trade wit deano. :P. but yea your right you have to have like super asome concentration or just luck to get a shiny latias or latios in emerald, ruby or saph.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Oh. I didn't know we had to ask. Can I join? P.S. Anyone have the Lati's shiny?

lol, well yeah. ^^; That's just so those who actually want to join can do so. xD

Welcome!

I actually do have one, but she's hacked, so I don't actually use her for battles or anything, it's just so I can say I have one. xD

Years
    lol, well yeah. ^^; That's just so those who actually want to join can do so. xD

Welcome!

I actually do have one, but she's hacked, so I don't actually use her for battles or anything, it's just so I can say I have one. xD
    Hacking shinies is offensive to me. I am a dedicated shiny hunter, as you can tell... I oppose cheating and can't stand it when it's for shinies. But at least you don't IV hack and kill everyone with H4X. Which do y'all think is better, shiny latios or latias?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Should I go after one in Sapphire?

If you really want to. I know someone in this club who spent over half a year soft-resetting for one. He did eventually get one, though.

If you want to spend a very long time trying to get one. I think they're predetermined at the start of the game, so you'd have to restart the whole thing if it isn't shiny.

Like I said, all hidden number values for her are determined the moment you watch the TV after beating the E4. So before challenging them, stock up on Max Repels and save your Masterball! All you have to do then is look for her after watching the news report about her, check if she's shiny, and then A+B+Sta+Sel if she isn't.

I suppose the process is slightly quicker for you since I was soft-resetting for natures, so I'd have to catch her each time and check after. All you have to do is just look at her. xD

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Like I said, all hidden number values for her are determined the moment you watch the TV after beating the E4.

Oh yeah. Other forums have brainwashed me.

Still, this would take forever. There's a one in eight-thousand-something chance of finding a shiny anything. That, coupled with the extra chore of hunting down Latias in the first place after each reset, would be excruciating (for me, at least).

Years
    Well I'm a shiny hunter. I have many ones that are VERY hard to get: Coming soon: Uxie (trade) azelf (trade) heatran (trade) deoxys, chaining VIBRAVA (OMG and i have to do it again) and I might continue my halted hunt for Registeel.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Oooooo I think Latios is tha shizzz. Count me in. :D

lol sure thing. Welcome! xD

Actually, soft-resetting for a Latias isn't as painful as you might think, though it helps to have an SP or DS, simply because you can leave it on while charging if you haven't found one yet.

As long as you have a few Max Repels and the Acro Bike, head to the building above Mauville that goes to Cycling Road, and just hop there for around 20 seconds at a time. If nothing happens, go back in and come back out and repeat, and refill the Max Repel when necessary. Do this several times a day (5-10, or more if you're really dedicated xD) and it may happen some day. :3

Years
    lol sure thing. Welcome! xD

Actually, soft-resetting for a Latias isn't as painful as you might think, though it helps to have an SP or DS, simply because you can leave it on while charging if you haven't found one yet.

As long as you have a few Max Repels and the Acro Bike, head to the building above Mauville that goes to Cycling Road, and just hop there for around 20 seconds at a time. If nothing happens, go back in and come back out and repeat, and refill the Max Repel when necessary. Do this several times a day (5-10, or more if you're really dedicated xD) and it may happen some day. :3

Well I've heard that as soon as they're released into the wild after the E4, then their stats, nature, and potential shinyness are predetermined.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    You could always just be a jerk like me and have an Eon Ticket XP. Thank God for Nintendo Power.

Although I have Sapphire, so I'd need to get Ruby if I wanted to soft reset for a Latias in an easier fashion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back