• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: The Leola Project

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
  • If you need a beta tester, I can help you. Ive played nearly all the pokemon hacks i can find. :D

This is essentially asking if you can beta test. A beta tester thoroughly explores every aspect of what they're doing. Like... for example... the thread of the game they want to beta test. If you were a good beta tester, you would've noticed this:

Questions You Should Not Ask said:
    Can I be a beta tester? Everyone who posts on this thread is eligible to be a beta tester. However, if you ask, you then forfeit your opportunity to be one.

You've forfeited your opportunity. I apologize.

Years
  • Ok. I didn't know that. because i are only on this part of the forum. And I don't really read all the comments on the posts. So i apologize for asking.

UnlawfulExile

Pokemon Let's Player (6k subs)
    Years
  • That prologue sounds amazing and the idea of playing as the heroes in flashbacks really has me interested, I will be watching this thread closely and hope to see it do very well.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • That prologue sounds amazing and the idea of playing as the heroes in flashbacks really has me interested, I will be watching this thread closely and hope to see it do very well.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I have a number of things planned to keep you on your toes while you play these games through.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    This isn't too important, but is that the actual title screen in-game? If so, nice job. It's really nice.

Would the "taxi service" be an HM move, or were you thinking it would be it's own thing?

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • This isn't too important, but is that the actual title screen in-game? If so, nice job. It's really nice.

Would the "taxi service" be an HM move, or were you thinking it would be it's own thing?

The titlescreen you see is the current one, but we are working on a very similar one to be implemented. As for the taxi service, no it's not an HM. The best way to describe it would be to compare it to the carriage system in Skyrim.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Nice hack ya got going here, You're working well with the FireRed GRaphics, do you plan to keep them, I hope so.
    Anyways, best of luck with this ~!

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Nice hack ya got going here, You're working well with the FireRed GRaphics, do you plan to keep them, I hope so.
    Anyways, best of luck with this ~!

Well, I do intend to work with them, however, I am looking for new hero OW's and trainer sprites. I'm also looking for a snow set of tiles for the winter installment.

TheNightEon

Night, The Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    This seems like an amazing hack, Im looking forward to it, will be checking this thread often.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Hello, starlettes. Have some updates!

aS2kxlA.png
    9IsMqTN.png
    QR8TaS2.png

FRitfhC.png
    4dr28b0.png
    ixBWNoD.png

And so begins the hunt.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I really want to give you a hard time, but I really can't. The scripting and dialouge sounds amazing. I might actually play this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    I would love to do an LP series on this if it's okay. It looks like a beautifully made progressing hack.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • I really want to give you a hard time, but I really can't. The scripting and dialouge sounds amazing. I might actually play this.

Thanks, dude. :) I appreciate it

I would love to do an LP series on this if it's okay. It looks like a beautifully made progressing hack.

Once the hack is released, I'll be more than happy to put your LP on my thread.

Update: we now have an updated titlescreen. I'll post screenshot once I'm home.

Also, Full Metal and I are working on graphically overhauling the game. We will ask for opinions once the time comes, stay tuned.

Winter Wonderland

Years
  • Can we say no?
    Please let us say no! I don't want that old guy to abduct me! D:

xD

Anyway, nice hack your team has here. :3
    I'm actually looking forward to play this~

Best of luck~

You actually can say no! Just not in the way you'd expect.

And thanks, we're all working hard to make this a quality product.

Also, here's the titlescreen I mentioned earlier. It's not too different from the original, but I think this one is much better aesthetically.
    6EEFOah.png

Falsever

Nation Blue
    Years
  • I don't know what to say. xD
    This hack has a lot of potential!
    I like the titlescreen and your story, it's freakin' awesome! :)

Best of luck, can't wait to play this. ~

Back