• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Bull-Crap Moment...

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • The Most Bull-Crap Moment in your POKeMON Career.

While POKeMON has been fun, we've all had a fair share of just bad-luck, bull crap, bologna... What moment in your POKeMON campaign has just been ... RIDICULOUS?

For example.

Your POKeMON has one HP, and your opponent's POKeMON has 1HP; you use Quick Attack, miss and then he strikes back, KO'ing your POKeMON and blacking you out...

What event has just been considered the most grade-a bull crap to you?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Me against Thorton in Platinum, my Huntail misses on the Aqua Tail that should have killed his Lickylicky and he hits with a Power Whip. It took me days to stop raging at that.

Years
  • Crits.....FRIGGIN CRITS:t054:....

No one likes crits....they kill the pokemon you're trying to catch, they OKO you....just everyone hates them...

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • Having to battle Gardenia like ten times because I was stupid and didn't use a Starly and mainly trained my Piplup...even with peck it was IMPOSSIBLE>.>

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    [SIZE="a"]I hate it when I'm chaining Pokemon and I'm at like 40 and then the chain breaks for no reason.[/SIZE]

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • One just happened 5 minutes ago. I'm EV Training my DRATINI in DIGGLET CAVE and I'm OHKO'd by Critical Magnitude 10... Really!?

Years
  • Having N's tail-winded sigilyph be faster than my +3 speed, much higher leveled higher pignite... (and killing it since it was a nuzlocke, right before my pignite could deliver the final blow)

Kinda my fault, but it still sucked. :(

And also route 21 in Kanto. So. Many. Supersonics.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • Playing pokemon red on my emulator, and a random missingno. shows up! Didn't use any cheats! And I didn't know much about them at the time, so I caught it...

Years
  • Audino.

Whenever I train against them, they always inflict me with infatuation or sleep... even get critical hits with Take Down/Double-Edge, sometimes knocking me out in one hit. They also have Entrainment, which can cancel your ability.

Yeah, everything I train against them that isn't Fighting, Steel, Rock or Ghost-type often get hurt badly and I find myself taking trips to the Pokemon Center.

You could basically say I have had bad experience with wild Audino.

Years
  • My worst moment was when I was running around in the Safari Zone, basically trying to catch everything, while also searching for Chansey. Down to one Safari Ball and one step, I just had my character rotating on one square to see what I could find. The first thing that appeared was a Shiny Paras. I didn't want to throw a rock at it in case it fled, so I threw the last Safari Ball. One shake, two shake, three shake... poof. "Shoot it was so close, too."

I'm surprised I didn't hurl my GBA at the wall when that happened. And it took me nearly 6 years until I found my next shiny.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Every single match I've ever had on Pokemon Stadium Round 2. That game is so impossibly hard I rage quit every time I attempt to complete it.

Your opponents essentially have teams of Pokemon with stats that are almost completely maxed out and always better than yours (and by yours, I mean the Pokemon you've raised on Pokemon R/B/Y, not the crappy rentals).

The game is completely rigged: every time you become confused, are put to sleep or paralysed, you always find yourself hurting in confusion, asleep for the maximum amount of turns or fully paralysed. Yet when you do the same to the computer, they always manage to pull through and land a critical hit out of absolutely nowhere, which completely ruins your match plan.

They also never miss an opportunity to take advantage of the Wrap/Bind/Fire Spin/Clamp mechanic from Gen I, so if your Pokemon is slower and you're faced against a Pokemon with one of those moves, you're completely screwed unless they accidentally miss.

I'm sure anyone else who has ever played R2 on that game will be able to relate. Without a doubt the hardest Pokemon game to ever have been released.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • When I hatched 50 Gothita eggs (with no RNG abuse, just old fashioned bike riding) and not a single one was "Calm" natured. I'm either unlucky or doing something wrong. I eventually gave up and decided to go with "Bold". :(

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • First of all I have the worst luck with moves that are below 100 accuracy. Everyone I battle against agrees with me and even asks me what I do to have such low accuracy.
    Also, I was battleing Sabrina (the psychic gym leader) and she used 2 full restores on the same pokemon! After the first one I was angry, but after the second one I shouted (on the bus in the middle of a band trip) SABRINA YOU TEENAGE...(female dog). Everyone stopped and looked at me, saw it was pokemon and immediatly guessed what was wrong.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Hahahah me using like 20 greatballs, 30 ultraballs and like 12 pokeballs to CATCH STUPID LUGIA. and he only had like 3 HP

AxeyWaxyWoo

Awesome Sauce Trainer
    Years
  • I had to reset my game atleast 9 times to catch each Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres in HeartGold, atleast 9 times EACH! >.<

They were down to about 1 or 2 HP when I was catching them, and alot of the time they were either paralysed or asleep! They kept running out of moves and using 'Struggle' (killing themselves). Arg! It was so annoying! -.-

But I like to catch legendaries in Poke Balls, so that may have been why it took so long, but it's never been that hard before! :(

Another bull-crap moment was when my first ever random encounter shiny was a Geodude...whaaa? >.< It could have atleast been a Zubat, but no...

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    On Pokemon Red, I was about to throw the master ball at Mewtwo, and then I got a message that my box is full.... so I go to the Pkmn Center, change boxes, back to Mewtwo, and look, he's not there. Oh no, I actually forgot to restart the game after I failed to catch him. And changing boxes saves the game...
    Other than that, I can't really remember any bullcrap moments...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • How do you miss with Quick Attack? xD

I just dislike how they give trainers ingame double team. Actually that move in general, there should be plenty more and stronger sure hit moves, so you could actually be prepared for it. The few 60 power moves are way too lame.

Hahahah me using like 20 greatballs, 30 ultraballs and like 12 pokeballs to CATCH STUPID LUGIA. and he only had like 3 HP

Sounds quite average o.O

Do you need like 10 for every other legendary?
    Cause in the last decade 95% of the legendaries I caught took me at least about 40 ultra or about 60 other kinds.

When I hatched 50 Gothita eggs (with no RNG abuse, just old fashioned bike riding) and not a single one was "Calm" natured. I'm either unlucky or doing something wrong. I eventually gave up and decided to go with "Bold". :(

There are 25 natures.
    With 50 tries you have about 87% chance to get at least one with the desired nature.
    So basically its worse luck if you miss with Rock Slide.

Last edited:

ppo

(◕‿◕✿)
    Years
  • Basically crits. So close to winning and then whoosh _(:3」∠)_
    Oh, and this one is REALLY sad. I was 8 or something, playing Pokemon Emerald. I caught a freaking dark/shiny Raquaza (no cheats or anything, obviously). Since I was young and stupid, I STARTED OVER THE GAME WITHOUT SAVING THE RAQUAZA and I just noticed it was special a few years later.

/cries

Back