• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Forgotten Pokémon

Years
    Exeggcute. Has got to be the one of the weirdest most forgetable pokemon ever.
    I've never raised it, and I can't really having ever seen it in the anime.
    I know I have, I just can't remember it.

Not to mention it took like five minutes of trying to remember it's name before I gave up and just googled it. {XD}

I do remember seeing it in my Pokemon Yellow play throughs. but it wasn't a pokemon I would ever want to catch except to fill my dex.

The Most Forgotten Pokémon

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    For me the Pokémon I forget most often are Kricketot and Kricketune.

Some other Pokémon, I don't forget these but they seem to be not really memorable.
    Finneon
    Lumineon
    Bonsly
    Sunkern
    Sunflora
    Glameow
    Purugly
    Burmy
    Wormadam
    Mothim
    Cherubi
    Cherrim
    Cranidos
    Rampardos
    Shieldon
    Bastiodon
    Bouffalant
    Stantler
    Deerling
    Sawsbuck
    Cryogonal
    Girafarig
    Fortunately I still bought the big guide/pokedex books even when I stopped playing the games, to keep up with the new Pokémon, there's nothing like discovering there's an eagle Pokémon or an anteater Pokémon by flipping though some pages in a book.

It's hard to list Gen 1 Pokémon in this list since if someone mentioned any one I'd know it for sure. But there are a couple that seem to be forgotten.
    Seel
    Dewgong
    Paras
    Parasect
    Kabuto
    Omanyte
    Omastar

I think the less creative a Pokémon is the easier it is to be forgotten. There's a lot of Pokémon you can tell were just created so they could have the Pokémon types you expect in a generation, the bird, the rodent, the plant, the fossil, the fish and so on.

But... but.. I love all of these Pokemon!! :(
    That's sad...

I came here to say Lumineon, but many did before so it must be not so forgotten then...

I think most of gen 2 are forgotten. I mean, I haven't seen much of Ledyan and Xatu, Mantine, Magcargo, Furret... I still really like them tho.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Bergmite & Avalugg. I had to look up these two because I forget their names. .
    They were the last Gen 6 Pokemon I memorised the names of.

I just realised that in my first post, I forgot Budew and Mantyke when listing the Gen 4 babies. I guess that means I forget about those two as well.

I was kinda hoping that James would get a Maractus in the BW saga. I probably wouldn't forget about that Pokemon if he had.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Carnivine. It has the honourable distinctions of getting me to think 'What's That?' in both Gen 5 and Gen 6. In both Generations I initially thought it was a new Pokemon even though it appeared first in Gen 4.

Years
    Aside from its abundance near Pacifidlog Town, and Misty using one occasionally in the anime, it's pretty easy to forget about Corsola. It has pretty mediocre stats, and there really isn't anything that sets it apart from other similar Pokemon.

Maybe a Mega Evolution would change my opinion on Corsola, but then again, with so many other Pokemon that deserve them too, I won't hold my breath waiting for one.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    "Chatot" is one I always forget about (I was searching for it on serebii while saying to myself, "What was the name of that one parrot pokemon?"), it used to have some kind of voice recording gimmick but I don't really remember since I never really used or cared about that pokemon.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    For me, I always forget about Politoed D: Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath are always there but I forget about the other evolution (which is obviously Politoed) all the time! Probably because when I see a Poliwag I think about Chucks Poliwrath from Gen2 using DynamicPunch lol

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    There are a lot of forgettable mons out there, but I'd say Hippowdon is the most obscure mon ever. I've rarely seen people use it, I personally rarely use it because I like other ground mons more, and I think its pretty ugly too -_-. Thats saying something cause I don't tend to think mons are ugly. Hell, not many people bring it up on forgettable mon threads!

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
    Pokémon of every generation seem to fall by the wayside to me. Golduck, Stantler, Tyrogue, Cherrim, Spoink, Maractus are just some. I guess it has mostly do to with their low viability and/or design.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    It's hard for me to say since I can name any Pokemon off the top of my head, but Masquerain slipped past me for quite a while.

EDIT: Looking through the thread a bit. One so forgettable I actually forgot it - Lumineon.

I actually think it has a decent design, I just forget it. Little experience with Sinnoh, maybe.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    Lumineon and Finneon I agree are pretty forgettable, but to me the most is Carnivine. I always thought it was from Gen 3 until I realized it was actually from Gen 4, haha. Just not that memorable ; ;

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I think I can add some more Pokemon here:

Mantyke ?
    Gorebyss and Huntail. I hardly see them.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    I forgot Pidove's, Lillipup line's, Tynamo, Amaura's, and Chingling's names and had to look them up. To be fair, it's getting hard to remember 700+ Pokemon names even if you are a diehard fan.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    I think Stunfisk, Relicanth, Gulpin are some of the most forgotten... So forgotten, in fact, I don't think anyone else in this thread mentioned them yet because they didn't even remember they existed...

Back