• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The name of the "third version"?

And who is the mascot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
    as are Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald...

and Gold & Silver & Crystal are minerals...

Red, Blue, Green and Yellow are all colors...

hm... Opal DOES seem the best choice... and Giratina seems ALOT like Rayquaza was in R/S...
    i have to agree... Opal seems to have to most votes on the next game title... & Giratina seems like Rayquaza too...

Years
    hm...

giratina may seem like the best choice but i think it could be

1.mespirt
    1.availble before e4
    2.cystal involved running character

2.cressalia
    1.prevents nightmares(darkrai) which could play a big part

3.darkrai
    1.starts nightmares(cressalia)
    2.was featured in the movie with dialga and palkia

4.arceus
    1."god" pokemon
    2.resides in spear pillar
    3.could be a target of team galaxy

5.giratina
    1.same base stat total as dialga and palkia
    2.all of them look ugly
    3.fits in ok as far as a storyline

6.or they might not make one at all

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i think its giritina or arceaus, its logic because the all look the same, well their face part, but regardless it couldnt be mespirit cause thats pat of the trio, so thats pointless

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2009
    suicune was part of a trio
    ive also seen a box with giratina on it and it had official stuff on it
    they could just edit the pokedex so that giratina or what ever is in the sinnoh dex

Seen

La Seenie-Weenie <3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Ok, it can't be Giratina, Heatran, Cressilia or the last one that I can't remember the name of because they were not in the Sinnoh National Dex. It can't be Shaymin, Darkrai, or Arceus because they are events. It can't be Dialga or Palkia, because they were already used. That bring us to the conclusion of the trio. Mesprit. Because of Suicune.

Conclusion: Version Mascot = Mesprit.
    I see your reasonings, but I have to disagree. Although there are the three Lake Pokemon as a trio, Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf, they are all the same type and play an equal role in the plot of the story in the game. While Suicune in Crystal obviously played a major part in the plot, all you saw as Suicune, Suicune, Suicune. You didn't hear much about the other two.

Now, then, the two very main legendaries in Diamond and Pearl are, of course, Dialga and Palkia. These two are very much like Sapphire's and Ruby's Groundon and Kyogre. And as in Sapphire and Ruby, they have another legendary that doesn't play a huge part in the plot, Rayquaza. In this version we have Giratina.

But! Remember in Sapphire and Ruby, they have the same trio! Except, they are called Regirock, Regice, and Registeel! They were ignored, so what makes you think that Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf will be put into the spotlight?

Now, a name would help, they've already used Diamond and Pearl, so it has to be a gem... A gem to go with Mesprit, I was think quartzite, the pink sort of stone.

Conclusion: Game name - Pokemon Quartzite.

Just logic, really.
    *clears throat*
    Yes, you are correct that the Quartzite is a gem. It's a beautiful one, indeed. But, if you did a little more research you would've seen that the Quartzite does not stick to one color. The colors vary a lot in Quartzite, and it is obviously not a popular stone that everyone knows.

Take the sapphire, for example. Now, the sapphire does not stick to a certain color, either, but it is a popular stone, known for it's blue color. Same with the ruby, except known for it's red. Diamonds are known for being clear, as are Pearls! They are all popular stones that are known for colors, yet the quartzite isn't a very well known stone.

Now, Opals are another commonly known gem, a lot of people know these because they are birth stones, and opal is no exception. The Opal is known for it's very pretty colors, or more like hues. The actual stone is rather clear, it all depends on the light that is on the certain part.

So, the conclusion is quite simple: Giratina as mascot, Opal as the gem.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    *clears throat*
    Yes, you are correct that the Quartzite is a gem. It's a beautiful one, indeed. But, if you did a little more research you would've seen that the Quartzite does not stick to one color. The colors vary a lot in Quartzite, and it is obviously not a popular stone that everyone knows.

im not exactly sure if you realized it but wat you said about the Quartzite actually gives a good example for arceaus. the gem has many colors, and acreus has many coloreful forms, its almost as if you simply said that it is arceaus...if that didnt make any sence im sorry

Seen

La Seenie-Weenie <3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    im not exactly sure if you realized it but wat you said about the Quartzite actually gives a good example for arceaus. the gem has many colors, and acreus has many coloreful forms, its almost as if you simply said that it is arceaus...if that didnt make any sence im sorry
    Almost all stones come in a whole crap load of colors, but are only known for certain colors, like I explained.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't see how Giratina is negatively debatable. Sure, it's not in the Sinnoh Dex, but that really doesn't matter much. You can get a Pokemon without it being on your current dex, trading has proven. One of the most notable things: It's a huge Dragon/Ghost Type. Doesn't it seem like a huge Dragon/Ghost fits in nicely beside a huge Dragon/Steel and a huge Dragon/Water, and much moreso than any of the other possibilities. And, if they don't use Giratina, won't it seem a bit odd? If they have a Pokemon that looks and seems perfect for the slot just sitting there, but Nintendo chooses to use a pink pixie or the ultimate Pokemon (also an event Pokemon) instead, wouldn't that just seem a bit strange to notice?

If they use Darkrai, then thet's just kind of random; it's going to be in a movie, but pulling it out from the three event Pokemon and leaving just Shaymin and Arceus... The same applies to Shaymin. Arceus is understandable to wonder about, since it's the god of all Pokemon, but still, that kind of power packed by those kinds of stats seems just a bit too much to keep easily and readily available.

Well, if I end up wrong, I'll probably laughing at myself with everyone else. Oh yeah, and here's a fun little idea: What about Heatran for the mascot? Or better yet, Rotom! lol. <don't shoot me! I was joking!!>

As for the name, here's my thoughts. If they use...

Giratina-Opal
    Mesprit-No idea
    Arceus-Quartz (it might not technically be a gem according to some people, but it's a simple form of 'Quartzite' and I think it's more fun to say "Pokemon Quartz" than "Pokemon Quartzite". Either one could happen though.)

OR, perhaps to add a new mineral in, what about Topaz?

Last edited:

-.-

Pokemon Design Artist
    Years
    Well as some of you know..

Pokemon Opal is going to get released in late May 2008..

Giratina is going to be on the front of it because

Giratina is derived from a latin word meaning ;

Girasol- Dark Opaque Opal

"Sort of matches what Giratina is [Dark,Ghostly]"

Years
    Pokemon Opal is going to get released in late May 2008..

Source?

Besides, all of Pokemon's third editions so far have came out around two years after the originals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back