• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

KodakKid3

Aggron
Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I'd assume the same thing.

But would you be able to evolve Magneton before getting a national pokedex?

Or would they make room for Magnezone on the Hoenn pokedex?

Or would he be obtainable, but just not show up in the pokedex until national is obtained?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I agree with Northstar. New Mauville (which you can go to around the time you have 5 badges) seems like the most logical choice to trigger Magneton's electromagnetically based evolution. Magnemite and Magneton were obtainable pre-Pokemon League in the original Ruby/Sapphire, so they will be in ORAS as well. There's even a precedent for Pokemon being able to evolve into a form that wasn't around when they debuted:
    Mamoswine didn't exist until Gen 4, and evolves from Piloswine, who first appeared in Gen 2. But you could evolve Piloswines into Mamoswines in HeartGold and SoulSilver before going to the Pokemon League. So I take it it'll be the same for this as well.

Years
  • I'm wanting to have a Magnezone be one of my mains in ORAS. However, Magnezone wasn't in the original R/S, so is he going to be obtainable in this game by just evolving magneton?

Or will you only be able to obtain him post game?

I'm asking because I've never played any of the pokemon games past Gen 3 so I'm not sure how this works, and because if I can't get a Magnezone during the game I'll want to replace him on my team with Gardevoir.

Merged your thread as it is similar to this one! n__n

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It would be interesting to see some of the later regional Pokémon in the Hoenn Region, specifically Unova and Kalos. Obviously the main abundance will be Hoenn, but I'm positive that they've expanded the dex then we'll see some from every Region.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Best guess is that they will be in the Safari Zone.
    Probably Post game though.
    I think it'll only be the cross generational evolutions, as we have yet to see any of the important characters without a Pokemon in the Hoenn dex or one that is an evolution of one. Also we have yet to get Dex numbers on any of the non-Hoenn dex and relatives.

Years
  • Yeah. Odds are we will get some sort of post-storyline feature similar to the HGSS Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds that allows us to catch specific Pokemon from the later regions.
    Or islands like the Sevii islands with Pokémon from other regions...well maybe not any Gen VI Pokémon, similar to how FrLg lacked Gen III Pokemon(that I can recall there weren't any), besides Gen VI only has less than 60 when one leaves out the starters and legends.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hey, if you look at the encounter pastebin you can kind of tell what kind of Pokemon we'll be seeing in Hoenn. It doesn't tell us which route or what ??? is, but they're there. Here's the pastebin. It may not be final, but it gives us some sort of idea.

Years
  • Hey, if you look at the encounter pastebin you can kind of tell what kind of Pokemon we'll be seeing in Hoenn. It doesn't tell us which route or what ??? is, but they're there. Here's the pastebin. It may not be final, but it gives us some sort of idea.

I notice some of the data mentions non-Hoenn native Pokemon showing up, maybe those might be special encounters or swarms in the post-game? But aside from that I think they're trying to stick close to the encounters in the originals.

Years
  • I think that some of that data is for post game encounters.
    My feeling of no Kalos Pokémon beyond possibly the event legends is getting stronger. I mean OrAs has made XY unattractive, if OrAs together had most of the Kalos mon then chances are most won't buy XY after OrAs comes out.

Years
  • So, Audino is a post game mega? Cause its not on there at all.

I sadly believe that may be the case. The main story looks like it'll follow the original Hoenn Dex + nine newly added 4th Gen evolution relatives, so that means that of the new Megas we have, Pidgeot, Beedrill, Lopunny, Slowbro and Audino are all safe to assume they are post-game only.

However that means there could be a special method to obtain them in the post-game, and there was data of special encounters so there is a possibility.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    https://pastebin.com/G9Xz7Kkm
    Yep, only the 4th gen Pokemon got added to the dex. Interesting that there are post-league meags, which would go against the idea that there are no more megas. What I mean is, 5 are too little an amount to justify the lock out. Same thing with the others, there's like 10 left for the main game, excluding the Lati and Rayquaza. Definitely not the numbers you would expect from such a huge push for Megas.

Years
  • https://pastebin.com/G9Xz7Kkm
    Yep, only the 4th gen Pokemon got added to the dex. Interesting that there are post-league meags, which would go against the idea that there are no more megas. What I mean is, 5 are too little an amount to justify the lock out. Same thing with the others, there's like 10 left for the main game, excluding the Lati and Rayquaza. Definitely not the numbers you would expect from such a huge push for Megas.
    Well they could also have the XY Megas appear post game for a lot of Mega stones to get (except for Mewtwo, and the Kanto mascots/starters).

Either way the Dex ended up just like I imagined.

Back